|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kabuo constantly look inward at himself?
(a) He is proud to be Japanese
(b) He is angry
(c) He is guilty of murder during the war
(d) He is very self-conscious
2. Hatsue tells Ishmael they have both gotten good at
(a) Cutting school
(b) Lying to themselves
(c) Being devious
(d) Outsmarting their parents
3. Nels Gundersson at 79, feels as though he
(a) Has been betrayed by his body
(b) Is a wise and strong old man
(c) Could still have a good sex life
(d) Is still a young man
4. In the courtroom, the Japanese attendees sat
(a) In the front rows behind the defendant
(b) At the back of the room
(c) Scattered about the room
(d) In a tight group behind the jury box
5. After their last meeting in the tree, Hatsue leaves feeling
Short Answer Questions
1. Etta Heine met her husband, Carl, in
2. The weather conditions on the water on the night of the murder are
3. Ishmael tells Hatsue her hair smells like
4. Why did Hatsue not notify the authorities about Kabuo's deal with Carl Heine, Jr.?
5. Why did Kabuo's father bury the swords and other belongings in the strawberry field?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)