|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sunay say must convince Kadife to act onstage with him in his final performance?
2. What is the name of the poem Ka writes that portrays his vacillation between love and loss?
3. What newspaper does Muhtar tell Ka wrote an unfavorable article about him?
4. Who does Kadife marry two months after being released from prison?
5. Where does Ka find Ipek busying herself when he returns to the hotel from visiting Blue in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ipek tell Ka that her affair with Blue started?
2. How does Fazil describe his fantasies of Kadife to Ka when they go to a tea house?
3. What does Sunay tell Ka he will have to convince both Blue and Kadife to agree for Kadife to do when an officer takes Ka to see Sunay?
4. What is the nature of Ka and Ipek's discussion regarding an old record they were listening to the first time they made love?
5. How is Sunay's final performance of his play described?
6. How does Ka describe his need for writing "The Place Where the World Ends"?
7. How does Blue's meeting at Hotel Asia become hard to control?
8. Describe Ipek and Ka's interaction when she comes to see him after his dinner with Serdar and Turgut.
9. How does Orhan remember the first time he met Ipek in Kars?
10. How is Kadife's punishment for killing Sunay described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of atheism in the book, noting its impact in an Islamic nation such as Kars. What is telling of the feelings towards a Western belief like atheism based on Fazil's commentary regarding it in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of control in the book, paying close attention to its impact in the political and theatrical groups in the book. What methods did characters like Sunay Zaim and Z Dimerkol use to gain control over others?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the sisters Ipek and Kadife in the book. What is telling of the bond these sisters share based on their work with Blue's cause?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)