|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ipek and Kadife tell Ka that Blue appeared just after his meeting at Hotel Asia?
2. What does everyone have to line up to do once the document is drafted at Blue's secret meeting at Hotel Asia?
3. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after he is rudely turned away at Sunay's shop entrance?
4. Where does a note from Ipek tell Ka to meet her and Kadife that causes Ka to make Fazil leave him?
5. What archives does Orhan ask Ipek to get for him so he can see Ka's performance of his poem that is undocumented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the letters Ka and Blue write to assure Blue's protection while he is held prisoner?
2. How does Ipek tell Ka that her affair with Blue started?
3. Why does Ipek decide not to go with Ka to Germany?
4. What does Sunay tell Serdar Bey to write two articles about to be printed in his paper the next day during their meeting with Ka before Sunay's final play performance?
5. What does Sunay tell Ka he will have to convince both Blue and Kadife to agree for Kadife to do when an officer takes Ka to see Sunay?
6. Describe Ipek and Ka's interaction when she comes to see him after his dinner with Serdar and Turgut.
7. How does Fazil describe his fantasies of Kadife to Ka when they go to a tea house?
8. What is Kadife's role in Sunay's final play?
9. What does Ka do just after making love to Ipek for the first time?
10. What is the nature of Ka and Ipek's discussion regarding an old record they were listening to the first time they made love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of jealousy in the book, noting Ka's irrationality once it entered the picture. What reasons can explain Ka's sudden jealousy that may have caused him to lose Ipek forever?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of religion in the book and note the importance it has in the lives of the book's characters. In what way does the author offer a skewed view of religion in the book based on the intermixing images of violence and good related to it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of love in the book, noting the differences between Ka's portrayal and Fazil's.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)