|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ipek and Kadife tell Ka that Blue appeared just after his meeting at Hotel Asia?
2. What happens onstage after Kadife kills Sunay?
(a) The curtains close.
(b) The lights go out.
(c) Everyone runs onstage.
(d) The police come onstage.
3. What do Ipek and Turgut see on the front page of the newspaper that makes them turn back to the theatre to stop Kadife from performing a final time?
(a) Ka is killed.
(b) There is a death onstage.
(c) The revolution has ended.
(d) Kadife is dead.
4. What does Ka tell Blue that he wishes to preserve for himself to explain why he wanted to help Blue in prison?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His own happiness.
(d) His good conscience.
5. What does Ipek concentrate on so as not to get angry while being locked in Ka's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Ipek can think of when Ka tries to see when they will meet again after they make love for the first time?
2. Which of the following things does Ka not find to be in Blue's prison cell?
3. What does Ka ask Kadife to write out so that he can give it to Sunay after visiting Blue in prison?
4. What kind of necklace does Ohan remember Ipek wearing when he visited her in Kars?
5. How many tea houses does Ka search for Blue on the insistence of Ipek and Kadife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the letters Ka and Blue write to assure Blue's protection while he is held prisoner?
2. How does Ka describe his need for writing "The Place Where the World Ends"?
3. What does Blue tell Ka he has changed his mind about regarding Kadife going through with Sunay's play when he goes to visit him?
4. How does Orhan describe Ka to Ipek after he returns to Germany from Kars?
5. What is the nature of Ka and Ipek's discussion regarding an old record they were listening to the first time they made love?
6. What does Ka do just after making love to Ipek for the first time?
7. How is Blue's prison cell described when Ka visits with him on Sunay's orders?
8. What does Sunay tell Ka he will have to convince both Blue and Kadife to agree for Kadife to do when an officer takes Ka to see Sunay?
9. What is the nature of Ka and Muhtar's meeting at a tea house in "A Godless man in Kars, the Fear of Being Shot"?
10. What is Kadife's role in Sunay's final play?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)