|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ka find Ipek busying herself when he returns to the hotel from visiting Blue in prison?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
2. What does Kadife say she is still planning to do in Sunay's final play?
(a) Take off her headscarf.
(c) Praise God.
(d) Strip naked.
3. What is the name of the poem Ka writes that portrays his vacillation between love and loss?
(a) "The Chocolate Box".
4. What does Kadife ask Ka to take to Blue after she learns of his imprisonment?
(c) A book.
(d) Cigarettes and a lighter.
5. Who does Kadife marry two months after being released from prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person who abducted Ka just after he wrote his eighteenth poem ask the whereabouts of?
2. What does Ka ask Kadife to write out so that he can give it to Sunay after visiting Blue in prison?
3. What is Ka's reaction when Ipek tells him that she will go to Germany with him?
4. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after he meets with Fazil?
5. What is the title of the statement that Blue shows to Ka when he visits him in his prison cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ipek tell Ka that her affair with Blue started?
2. How are Funda and Kadife's rehearsal of Sunay's play described when Ka visits them?
3. How does Fazil describe his fantasies of Kadife to Ka when they go to a tea house?
4. What is Kadife's role in Sunay's final play?
5. What is the nature of the people's descriptions of Ka according to those Orhan meets with on his visit to Kars?
6. How does Ka describe his need for writing "The Place Where the World Ends"?
7. How are Turgut Bey's wool gloves described that he insists on taking to his meeting with Blue?
8. How does Sunay describe his arrangement for Blue's release to Ka and Serdar Bey?
9. How is Blue's prison cell described when Ka visits with him on Sunay's orders?
10. How does Orhan describe Ka to Ipek after he returns to Germany from Kars?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)