|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taped to Ka's chest before he goes in to meet with Blue in his prison cell?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A letter.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A gun.
2. What is the title of the eighteenth poem that Ka wrote?
(a) "The Night of the Revolution".
3. How many years does Z tell Ka a person he knows has been Blue's mistress?
4. What is the name of the play that the acting troupe is putting on the day after Blue's meeting at Hotel Asia?
(a) The French Invasion.
(b) The Spanish Tragedy.
(c) The Day of Doom.
(d) The Last Hoorah.
5. Where is Ka taken in the middle of the city to see Blue, where he is being held in a cell?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A military compound.
(c) Police headquarters.
(d) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunay tell Ka that Kadife has in regards to her performance in the play?
2. Who does Sunay dictate a newspaper article about that says he has died onstage during dinner in front of Ka?
3. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after he meets with Fazil?
4. Who is at Ka's door within minutes when he returns from being questioned by Z Demirkol?
5. What is the name of the poem that Orhan envisioned at Ka's old dormitory that originated from Necip's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ka describe his need for writing "The Place Where the World Ends"?
2. How does Sunay describe his arrangement for Blue's release to Ka and Serdar Bey?
3. What does Sunay tell Serdar Bey to write two articles about to be printed in his paper the next day during their meeting with Ka before Sunay's final play performance?
4. What does Serdar say to Ka after being accused of writing a poor portrayal of him in his paper during a dinner?
5. What is the nature of Ka and Ipek's discussion regarding an old record they were listening to the first time they made love?
6. What is the nature of Ka and Muhtar's meeting at a tea house in "A Godless man in Kars, the Fear of Being Shot"?
7. How is Ka's research into snowflakes described by Orhan?
8. Why does Ipek decide not to go with Ka to Germany?
9. How is the National Theater described when Ipek and Turgut arrive just before Sunay's play?
10. How are Turgut Bey's wool gloves described that he insists on taking to his meeting with Blue?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)