|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ka feel about dying for a noble or political cause as a youth?
(a) It was honorable.
(b) It was foolish.
(c) It was silly.
(d) It was unheard of.
2. What is Ka's research on snowflakes inspired by, according to Orhan?
(a) The Koran.
(c) Bacon's tree of knowledge.
(d) His family.
3. Which of the following things does Ka not find to be in Blue's prison cell?
(a) A rug.
(b) A table and chairs.
(c) A bed.
(d) A heater.
4. What is the name of the play that the acting troupe is putting on the day after Blue's meeting at Hotel Asia?
(a) The Spanish Tragedy.
(b) The Last Hoorah.
(c) The Day of Doom.
(d) The French Invasion.
5. How long does Kadife serve in prison for killing Sunay?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 20 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ka finishing when Ipek comes to tell him that she will go to Germany with him?
2. What does Ka recall moments of from his childhood just after making love to Ipek for the first time?
3. How many years does Z tell Ka a person he knows has been Blue's mistress?
4. What does the weather bureau announce is likely to reopen as a sign of the theatre troupe moving out of town?
5. Who does Z Demirkol tell Ka has been Blue's mistress for years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ka describe his need for writing "The Place Where the World Ends"?
2. What does Serdar say to Ka after being accused of writing a poor portrayal of him in his paper during a dinner?
3. What does Sunay tell Serdar Bey to write two articles about to be printed in his paper the next day during their meeting with Ka before Sunay's final play performance?
4. How is the National Theater described when Ipek and Turgut arrive just before Sunay's play?
5. How does Ipek tell Ka that her affair with Blue started?
6. How is Blue's prison cell described when Ka visits with him on Sunay's orders?
7. Why does Ipek decide not to go with Ka to Germany?
8. Describe Ipek and Ka's interaction when she comes to see him after his dinner with Serdar and Turgut.
9. How does Blue's meeting at Hotel Asia become hard to control?
10. What is the nature of Ka and Muhtar's meeting at a tea house in "A Godless man in Kars, the Fear of Being Shot"?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)