|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nacip have Ka meet him to give him the love letters he wishes for him to deliver?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A closet.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) A bedroom.
2. Who does Sunay reveal is Blue's mistress and is the reason for him being in Kars?
3. What is the name of the first poem that Ka writes in the book?
(b) The Chocolate Box.
4. What does Kadife do before checking Ka for a microphone during their secret meeting at a hotel?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Pulls a gun on him.
(d) Cries with him.
5. What kind of store does Ka go to and photocopy Necip's letters to Kadife?
(a) A stationary store.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A teahouse.
(d) Hotel Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the organization of the man who questions the Director of Education, saying he has condemned the director to death?
2. What is the name of the café that Ka meets his friend Ipek at for the first time?
3. What does Turgut advise Ka to increase his belief in to save himself from being punished by Islamists?
4. What is the courtyard that Ka is taken to while hidden under a tarp with Kadife surrounded by?
5. How many years had Ka been away from Turkey when he returns at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the first time that Ka and Ipek make love described?
2. What do Z Dimerkol and two Turkish militants do to Ka after he leaves the National Theater after his speech?
3. How does Sunay describe Necip to Ka after questioning him for kissing his dead body at the morgue?
4. What is the nature of Blue's speech regarding Hans Hensen to Ka?
5. How does Muhtar explain how he came to learn the teachings of the Kurdish Sheikh Saadettin Efendi?
6. What is the nature of Ka's conversation with the sheikh when he first sees him at the Green Pastures café?
7. What is the nature of Ka's first meeting with Serdar Bey in the book?
8. What happens at the end of Sunay's first play at the National Theatre?
9. What happens when Ka tells the announcer that he finds Kars very beautiful, very poor and very sad during his speech at the National Theatre?
10. What is the nature of Ipek and Ka's conversation when she comes to tell him the director's condition has worsened?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)