|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunay tell Ka that most people are not enough of to understand a modern poem?
2. What does Kadife do before checking Ka for a microphone during their secret meeting at a hotel?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Pulls a gun on him.
(d) Cries with him.
3. What will Ipek not do with Ka when she first comes to visit his room because her father is in the same building?
(a) Make love to him.
(b) Talk to him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Marry him.
4. What is the name of the hotel that Ka stays at in his hometown?
(a) The Brown Hotel.
(b) The Snow Palace Hotel.
(c) The Lake Garden Hotel.
(d) The Green Pastures Hotel.
5. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after Ipek tells him that she wants to make love to him for the first time?
(b) "The Night of the Revolution".
(c) "Privations and Difficulties".
(d) "Hidden Symmetry".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the organization of the man who questions the Director of Education, saying he has condemned the director to death?
2. Who do Ka and Ipek realize they have both recently lost that seems to break the ice between them?
3. What is the name of the Assistant Chief of Police in Ka's hometown?
4. What are the names of the two men in the old Turkish story that Blue tells Ka about during their first meeting?
5. Who does Ka tell Blue he is spying for during their first meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sunay describe Necip to Ka after questioning him for kissing his dead body at the morgue?
2. What does Ka do with the letters he promised Necip that he would give to Kadife in a stationary store?
3. What do the police want Ka to do when they take him into the station in regards to the Director of Education's death?
4. How is the first time that Ka and Ipek make love described?
5. What is the nature of Hande's questions to Ka regarding his poetry?
6. Why is the bus driver reluctant to let Ka on the bus at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Kadife react when Ka questions her about her feelings on suicide?
8. What is the nature of Ka and Fazil's conversation when Fazil approaches him in the library?
9. How is the director of the Institute for Education killed?
10. What is the nature of Funda Esers' skit called "My Fatherland or My Headscarf?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)