|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person that Ka and Muhtar claim is the happiest political exile?
2. Who do Ka and Ipek realize they have both recently lost that seems to break the ice between them?
(a) Their sisters.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their fathers.
3. What does Necip tell Ka he keeps seeing the same of over and over when he explains why he doesn't look down the road?
4. How does Ka die?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is bombed.
(c) He is stabbed,
(d) He is poisoned.
5. What does Ka watch after making love to Ipek for the first time?
(a) Her sleeping.
(b) The snow.
(c) The rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Nacip give to Ka for him to deliver to the woman he loves?
2. What will Ipek not do with Ka when she first comes to visit his room because her father is in the same building?
3. Where does Ka ask to stop to write down a poem when being driven to another facility to identify the Director of Education's killer?
4. What does Muhtar say he made the mistake of putting pressure on his wife about that may have caused their divorce?
5. How many hours does Ka sleep the night of the revolution at the theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Blue's speech regarding Hans Hensen to Ka?
2. What does Ka do with the letters he promised Necip that he would give to Kadife in a stationary store?
3. How does Necip describe his short science fiction story to Ka?
4. What is the nature of the favor Muhtar asks of Ka in regards to his ex-wife?
5. What is the nature of Hande's questions to Ka regarding his poetry?
6. How does Muhtar explain how he came to learn the teachings of the Kurdish Sheikh Saadettin Efendi?
7. What happens when Ka tells the announcer that he finds Kars very beautiful, very poor and very sad during his speech at the National Theatre?
8. What do the police want Ka to do when they take him into the station in regards to the Director of Education's death?
9. What is the nature of Ka's conversation with the sheikh when he first sees him at the Green Pastures café?
10. What is the nature of Funda Esers' skit called "My Fatherland or My Headscarf?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)