|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the café Ka stops at to get directions, but stops to listen to a sheik?
(a) The New Life Pastry Shop.
(b) The Teahouse.
(c) The Green Pastures Café.
(d) The Snow Palace Cafe.
2. What is Ka consumed by after being taken into the police station for the first time in the book?
3. Who does Funda's husband tell the audience has just died before opening fire on the audience at the National Theater?
(a) The mayor of Kars.
(b) The President of Turkey.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The director of the Institute of Education.
4. How many letters does Nacip give to Ka for him to deliver to the woman he loves?
5. How many hours does Ka sleep the night of the revolution at the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of nationalists does Ka continue to tell Blue he needs joint support of along with the ex-Communists?
2. What does Turgut advise Ka to increase his belief in to save himself from being punished by Islamists?
3. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after asking Ipek repeatedly to go to bed with him?
4. What is Ka's name an abbreviation of?
5. Who does the director claim he is under orders from to ban local women from wearing their head scarves when questioned by a man in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Ipek and Ka's conversation when she comes to tell him the director's condition has worsened?
2. What is the nature of Ka and Fazil's conversation when Fazil approaches him in the library?
3. What happens when Ka tells the announcer that he finds Kars very beautiful, very poor and very sad during his speech at the National Theatre?
4. What is the nature of Orhan's memory of Ka's book of poems titled "Snow"?
5. How does Necip describe his short science fiction story to Ka?
6. What do Z Dimerkol and two Turkish militants do to Ka after he leaves the National Theater after his speech?
7. How does Sunay describe Necip to Ka after questioning him for kissing his dead body at the morgue?
8. How does Kadife react when Ka questions her about her feelings on suicide?
9. What does Ka do with the letters he promised Necip that he would give to Kadife in a stationary store?
10. How is the director of the Institute for Education killed?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)