|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Sunay change his final performance's name to that goes unnoticed by the audience?
(a) The French Invasion.
(b) Life is Never.
(c) The Death of All.
(d) The Tragedy in Kars.
2. Which of the following things does the article not say about Ka as a person, according to Muhtar?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is Godless.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is a poor poet.
3. Where does Turgut enter the hotel where Blue is holding his secret meeting?
(a) The side entrance.
(b) The basement.
(c) The back entrance.
(d) The front.
4. When Ka confronts her, what does Ipek deny she has done in regards to Z Demirkol's claims about her and Blue?
(a) Made love to him.
(b) Kissed him.
(c) Wrote to him.
(d) Spoken to him in the last few days.
5. How many tea houses does Ka search for Blue on the insistence of Ipek and Kadife?
6. How do Ipek and Kadife tell Ka that Blue appeared just after his meeting at Hotel Asia?
7. Who is the only person Ipek can think of when Ka tries to see when they will meet again after they make love for the first time?
(b) Her father.
8. What does Ipek wish to show Ka after he confronts her about her affair with Blue?
(a) Dinner she made him.
(b) Her speech.
(c) A book.
(d) The things she packed for Germany.
9. What is taped to Ka's chest before he goes in to meet with Blue in his prison cell?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A gun.
(d) A letter.
10. What does Turgut Bey consider a lucky charm, and insists on taking to a meeting with Blue in the book?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pants.
11. How is the atmosphere inside Blue's secret meeting at Hotel Asia described?
12. Who does the narrator say is the one puzzling part of Sunay's final play?
13. Who does Fazil tell Ka he fantasizes about all the time, and it's the person he really loves?
14. Where does Ka find Ipek busying herself when he returns to the hotel from visiting Blue in prison?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
15. What is the name of the poem that Ka writes in hopes of making himself feel better, but all he feels is a crushing pain?
(b) "Privations and Difficulties".
(c) "Hidden Symmetry".
(d) "The Place Where the World Ends".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the weather bureau announce is likely to reopen as a sign of the theatre troupe moving out of town?
2. What happens to Blue's secret meeting once everyone starts talking at once?
3. What does Ka hold in his pocket as he arrives to the National Theatre before Sunay's final play?
4. What newspaper does Muhtar tell Ka wrote an unfavorable article about him?
5. What does Ka find Funda and Kadife doing when he arrives to the National Theatre before Sunay's final play?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)