|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following things does the article not say about Ka as a person, according to Muhtar?
(a) He is Godless.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is a poor poet.
2. What are some people trying to do during Blue's meeting, but he prevents it?
(a) Trying to talk.
(b) Trying to undress.
(c) Trying to pull guns.
(d) Trying to leave.
3. What is the name of the colonel that Sunay is with when Ka returns with Kadife's agreement to perform in his play?
(a) Saadettin Cehver.
(b) Osman Nuri Colak.
(c) Z Demirkol.
(d) Kasim Bey.
4. What does Ka tell Blue that he wishes to preserve for himself to explain why he wanted to help Blue in prison?
(a) His good conscience.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His own happiness.
(d) His sanity.
5. Where does Ka find Ipek busying herself when he returns to the hotel from visiting Blue in prison?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The bedroom.
6. How many days do Ipek and Turgut have to wait to speak with Kadife in prison?
7. What does Ka's research suggest snowflakes are like?
8. When confronted by Ka, how does Ipek claim she feels about Kadife starting up an affair with Blue?
(a) She welcomes it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She is mad about it.
9. Who tells Ipek that Blue and Hande have been killed?
10. When Ka confronts her, what does Ipek deny she has done in regards to Z Demirkol's claims about her and Blue?
(a) Wrote to him.
(b) Spoken to him in the last few days.
(c) Kissed him.
(d) Made love to him.
11. Where does a note from Ipek tell Ka to meet her and Kadife that causes Ka to make Fazil leave him?
(a) The Teahouse.
(b) The New Life Pastry Shop.
(c) The Green Pastures Cafe.
(d) Hotel Asia.
12. How long does Kadife serve in prison for killing Sunay?
(a) 20 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
13. Which of the following descriptions is not given to Orhan to describe Ka when he comes to investigate him in Kars?
(b) Unkempt hair.
(d) Pasty face.
14. Who does Sunay dictate a newspaper article about that says he has died onstage during dinner in front of Ka?
15. Which of the following things does Orhan not tell Ipek that Ka did after returning to Germany from Kars?
(a) Slept often.
(b) Looked for her in every woman.
(c) Walked the streets.
(d) Drank heavily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ipek wish to show Ka after he confronts her about her affair with Blue?
2. Who is Ka terrified to find he has been abducted by just after writing his eighteenth poem?
3. What is the name of the poem that Orhan envisioned at Ka's old dormitory that originated from Necip's story?
4. Where is Ka punched after he is shoved into a car while walking on the street from visiting Blue?
5. Who is at Ka's door within minutes when he returns from being questioned by Z Demirkol?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)