|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ipek call from the window of Ka's hotel room to let her out?
(c) A desk clerk.
(d) Her father.
2. What is Ka's research on snowflakes inspired by, according to Orhan?
(a) The Koran.
(c) Bacon's tree of knowledge.
(d) His family.
3. Who is not waiting for Orhan at the train station when he leaves Kars?
(a) Serdar Bey.
(c) Turgut Bey.
4. What happens to Blue's secret meeting once everyone starts talking at once?
(a) It is bombed.
(b) It gets out of control.
(c) It becomes exciting.
(d) It ends early.
5. What are some people trying to do during Blue's meeting, but he prevents it?
(a) Trying to leave.
(b) Trying to undress.
(c) Trying to pull guns.
(d) Trying to talk.
6. What newspaper does Muhtar tell Ka wrote an unfavorable article about him?
(a) The Border City Gazette.
(b) The Life Paper.
(c) The Gazelle.
(d) The Turkish Examiner.
7. How does Muhtar tell Ka he avoided being arrested when they go to a tea house together?
(a) Giving money.
(b) Setting a new date for the election.
(c) Feeding the hungry.
(d) Letting prisoners go.
8. Which of the following things is not one of the classifications on Ka's diagram of the snowflake?
9. Where is Ka taken in the middle of the city to see Blue, where he is being held in a cell?
(a) Police headquarters.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A military compound.
(d) A hospital.
10. Who comes to the Snow Palace Hotel to talk to Kadife about her performance in that night's play?
(b) Funda Eser.
11. What is Ka's reaction when Ipek tells him that she will go to Germany with him?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is angry.
12. What does Ka tell Blue that he wishes to preserve for himself to explain why he wanted to help Blue in prison?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His good conscience.
(d) His own happiness.
13. What do Ka and Ipek talk about just after they make love?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A record.
(c) A watch.
(d) A shirt.
14. What does Ka hold in his pocket as he arrives to the National Theatre before Sunay's final play?
(a) His room key.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
15. Who is Ka astonished to see come in to have a meal after arriving at Sunay's with Kadife's statement?
(b) Serdar Bey.
(c) Orhan Bey.
(d) Turgut Bey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions is not given to Orhan to describe Ka when he comes to investigate him in Kars?
2. Where does an official tell Ipek that Ka is being held for his protection when he brings her an envelope?
3. What does Ka ask Kadife to write out so that he can give it to Sunay after visiting Blue in prison?
4. How do Ipek and Kadife tell Ka that Blue appeared just after his meeting at Hotel Asia?
5. Where is Ka punched after he is shoved into a car while walking on the street from visiting Blue?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)