|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beautiful divorcee that Ka runs into after leaving his hotel to meet with the Border City Gazette?
2. What is the name of the finished book of poetry that Ka's friend is searching for in his green notebook?
3. What does Muhtar say he made the mistake of putting pressure on his wife about that may have caused their divorce?
(a) For her to go to church.
(b) For her to wear a head scarf.
(c) For her to have children.
(d) For her to lose weight.
4. Where has Ka just returned from reading poetry when he is killed?
5. What does Ka become at first during his meeting with Ipek before composing himself?
(b) Tongue tied.
6. What is the name of the girl that Necip tells Ka he is in love with who was a model, but now wears headscarves?
7. Where does Ka secretly meet Kadife at a hotel to discuss Blue?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A storage room.
8. Who does Ka receive benefits from while an exile, but cuts links with while in Germany?
(a) Turkish Communists.
(c) The Republicans.
(d) The German government.
9. What will Ipek not do with Ka when she first comes to visit his room because her father is in the same building?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Make love to him.
(d) Talk to him.
10. What is the name of the café that Ka meets his friend Ipek at for the first time?
(a) The Asian Cafe.
(b) The New Life Pastry Shop.
(c) The Teahouse.
(d) The Green Pastures Cafe.
11. How many classrooms is Ka taken into to identify the Director of Education's killer at a veterinary school?
12. What does the sheik tell Ka is the first thing he needs to learn when they first talk in a café?
13. What kind of store does Ka go to and photocopy Necip's letters to Kadife?
(a) A teahouse.
(b) Hotel Asia.
(c) A stationary store.
(d) A grocery store.
14. What is the name of the town in Turkey that Ka is from?
15. Who does Sunay reveal is Blue's mistress and is the reason for him being in Kars?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Ipek not serve Ka for breakfast the day after the revolution at the theater?
2. What is the name of the hotel that Ka stays at in his hometown?
3. What is Ka consumed by after being taken into the police station for the first time in the book?
4. How does Ka die?
5. What political party did Ipek's father once belong to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)