|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a man do to Ka immediately after answering the door where Ka first goes to visit Blue?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Frisks him.
2. What political party did Ipek's father once belong to?
3. What does Kadife do before checking Ka for a microphone during their secret meeting at a hotel?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Pulls a gun on him.
(d) Cries with him.
4. Where does Ka pass by where he sees the head of the theatrical troupe sitting and drinking before their performance after leaving Kadife?
(a) A prison.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) A teahouse.
(d) A beer hall.
5. What village is the man from who travels to Kars specifically to target the director of the Institute of Education?
6. How many hours does Ka sleep the night of the revolution at the theater?
7. Who does Ka tell Blue he is spying for during their first meeting?
(a) The Islamists.
(b) The Progressives.
(c) The South Door.
(d) The Republicans.
8. What is the name of the Assistant Chief of Police in Ka's hometown?
(a) Kasim Bey.
(b) Turgut Bey.
(d) Orhan Bey.
9. What does Sunay tell Ka that most people are not enough of to understand a modern poem?
10. What is the name of Funda's husband?
(c) Sunay Zaim.
11. What is the name of the finished book of poetry that Ka's friend is searching for in his green notebook?
12. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after Ipek tells him that she wants to make love to him for the first time?
(b) "The Night of the Revolution".
(c) "Privations and Difficulties".
(d) "Hidden Symmetry".
13. What kind of nationalists does Ka continue to tell Blue he needs joint support of along with the ex-Communists?
14. What is the name of the owner of the Border City Gazette?
(a) Orhan Bey.
(c) Serdar Bey.
(d) Turgut Bey.
15. Which of the following things is not mentioned as being one of Ka's daily habits while living in Germany?
(a) Going to the library.
(b) Stopping at the cafe.
(c) Robbing stores.
(d) Stopping at the grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ka consumed by after being taken into the police station for the first time in the book?
2. What does Turgut advise Ka to increase his belief in to save himself from being punished by Islamists?
3. What does Necip tell Ka he keeps seeing the same of over and over when he explains why he doesn't look down the road?
4. Who does Ipek bring Ka a letter from when she comes to tell him the director's condition has worsened?
5. What is the name of Ka's friend whom he runs into after leaving his first meeting with Blue?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)