|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the beautiful divorcee that Ka runs into after leaving his hotel to meet with the Border City Gazette?
2. Who does Blue believe has sent Ka to be used for a purpose to him?
3. Why does Funda tell Sunay that Ka is emotional when he becomes angry at him after they argue about Westernization?
(a) He was dying.
(b) He was in love.
(c) He was moving.
(d) He was being exiled.
4. What is the name of the girl whose suicide is discussed at dinner by Hande?
5. Where does Ka secretly meet Kadife at a hotel to discuss Blue?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) A bedroom.
(c) A bathroom.
(d) A storage room.
6. Where has Ka just returned from reading poetry when he is killed?
7. What is Ka consumed by after being taken into the police station for the first time in the book?
8. What is the name of the organization of the man who questions the Director of Education, saying he has condemned the director to death?
(a) The Freedom Fighters.
(b) The Justice Seekers.
(c) The Islamic Fighters.
(d) The Freedom Fighters for Islamic Justice.
9. What does Necip tell Ka he keeps seeing the same of over and over when he explains why he doesn't look down the road?
10. What does Ka realize has happened to Muhtar but not to him after they are taken in by police for questioning?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) His clothes were taken.
(c) He was tortured.
(d) He was fed.
11. What kind of story does Necip tell Ka he wrote and that he summarizes for him?
(d) Science fiction.
12. What does Funda's husband say before running offstage after he and his group opened fire on the National Theater audience?
(a) "Pray or die".
(b) "This is not a play, but the beginning of a revolution".
(c) "This is it".
(d) "You are all dead men".
13. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after Ipek tells him that she wants to make love to him for the first time?
(b) "Hidden Symmetry".
(c) "The Night of the Revolution".
(d) "Privations and Difficulties".
14. Who does Ipek bring Ka a letter from when she comes to tell him the director's condition has worsened?
(b) Saadettin Cevher.
(c) Ohan Bey.
(d) Sunay Zaim.
15. What is the name of the woman who performs "My Fatherland or My Head Scarf" in the book?
(b) Funda Eser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the intelligence agency that has been receiving threats on the director of the Institute of Education?
2. What is the name of the place where Ka and Kadife see many students and unemployed people waiting for the theater performance?
3. What does Kadife do before checking Ka for a microphone during their secret meeting at a hotel?
4. What does Ka watch after making love to Ipek for the first time?
5. What is the name of the boy that is Necip's best friend and who goes to Ka?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)