|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the café that Ka meets his friend Ipek at for the first time?
(a) The Teahouse.
(b) The Green Pastures Cafe.
(c) The New Life Pastry Shop.
(d) The Asian Cafe.
2. What does Sunay tell Ka that he never lost his belief in that his guiding principles could take him to the summit of?
3. What is the name of the café Ka stops at to get directions, but stops to listen to a sheik?
(a) The New Life Pastry Shop.
(b) The Teahouse.
(c) The Snow Palace Cafe.
(d) The Green Pastures Café.
4. Who does Ka realize now occupies a former tailor shop that was once a mansion in town?
(a) Sunay Zaim.
(b) Turgut Bey.
5. Where does Ka pass by where he sees the head of the theatrical troupe sitting and drinking before their performance after leaving Kadife?
(a) A prison.
(b) A beer hall.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) A teahouse.
6. What does Turgut advise Ka to increase his belief in to save himself from being punished by Islamists?
(c) His country.
7. What is the name of a liberal German paper that ran articles for Blue?
(a) The Frankfurter Rundschau.
(b) The London Times.
(c) The Turkish Examiner.
(d) The Border City Gazette.
8. What does Muhtar say he made the mistake of putting pressure on his wife about that may have caused their divorce?
(a) For her to have children.
(b) For her to go to church.
(c) For her to wear a head scarf.
(d) For her to lose weight.
9. Who do Ka and Ipek realize they have both recently lost that seems to break the ice between them?
(a) Their sisters.
(b) Their mothers.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) Their children.
10. What political party did Ipek's father once belong to?
11. What poet does Ka tell Sunay that he and Muhtar both read when he says he must have grown up on Western films?
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) E.E. Cummings.
(d) T.S. Eliot.
12. Who does Ka receive benefits from while an exile, but cuts links with while in Germany?
(b) The Republicans.
(c) Turkish Communists.
(d) The German government.
13. What is the name of the girl that Necip tells Ka he is in love with who was a model, but now wears headscarves?
14. What is the name of the poem Ka writes after asking Ipek repeatedly to go to bed with him?
(a) "The Chocolate Box".
(c) "The Staircase".
(d) "The Night of the Revolution".
15. What does the woman who performed "My Fatherland or My Head Scarf" do with her headscarf during the performance?
(a) Tears it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Ties it around her neck.
(d) Washes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy that is Necip's best friend and who goes to Ka?
2. Why does Funda tell Sunay that Ka is emotional when he becomes angry at him after they argue about Westernization?
3. Who does the director claim he is under orders from to ban local women from wearing their head scarves when questioned by a man in the book?
4. What does Necip tell Ka he keeps seeing the same of over and over when he explains why he doesn't look down the road?
5. What is the name of the soap opera that Turgut and Ipek watch together?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)