|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through This Is the Only Time We'll Ever Be Free in Kars, Ka With Kadife in the Hotel Room | It Is Not Poverty That Brings Us So Close to God, Blue's Statement to the West.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Necip tell Ka he wrote and that he summarizes for him?
(c) Science fiction.
2. What does Ka become at first during his meeting with Ipek before composing himself?
(d) Tongue tied.
3. What is the name of the organization of the man who questions the Director of Education, saying he has condemned the director to death?
(a) The Freedom Fighters for Islamic Justice.
(b) The Freedom Fighters.
(c) The Justice Seekers.
(d) The Islamic Fighters.
4. What does a man do to Ka immediately after answering the door where Ka first goes to visit Blue?
(a) Frisks him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Hugs him.
5. How many years had Ka been away from Turkey when he returns at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soldiers is the woman who performed "My Fatherland or My Head Scarf" saved by during the skit?
2. Who does the director claim he is under orders from to ban local women from wearing their head scarves when questioned by a man in the book?
3. Why does Funda tell Sunay that Ka is emotional when he becomes angry at him after they argue about Westernization?
4. What does Ka tell the sheik that snow reminds him of when they first talk at the café?
5. What is the name of Ipek's younger sister?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)