The Silence of Snow, The Journey to Kars | Our City Is a Peaceful Place, The Outlying Districts
• A man named Ka has returned to his native Turkey after a twelve-year absence where he managed to catch the last bus leaving for the northern town of Kars.
• Ka's fellow seat mate asks him why he is traveling to Kars and he says is a journalist going there to cover the stories about the municipal elections and the suicides of the young girls.
• Ka finds his way to the Snow Palace Hotel, passing two people that look familiar to him.
• Ka's first day in Kars was spent interviewing voters and the unemployed of Kars, and the families of the girls who had committed suicide.
• Serdar Bey showed Ka where the mayor had recently been murdered, then took him to the police station, which was housed in what was once the...
This section contains 6,205 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)