Short Answer Questions Key
1. Who is Lily?
2. What does laotong mean?
3. What is Lily's title at the beginning of the novel?
One Who Has Not Yet Died.
4. Where did Lily spend her childhood?
5. What is the upstairs room in Lily's childhood home used for?
Women and children.
6. How does Lily's mother treat her?
As if she is of no consequence.
7. Who acted cheerfully in Lily's childhood home?
Her aunt and uncle.
8. Who does Lily help with the outdoor chores when she is five?
9. What does Lily say her grandmother looked like to her when she was five?
This section contains 4,371 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)