|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are "little daughters-in-law"?
(a) Baby girls.
(b) Emperor's daughters by marriage.
(c) Poor girls whose feet are not bound.
(d) Girls who marry well.
2. Why does Lily approve her husband's decision to hire a tutor for their son?
(a) She would like him to take the imperial exams.
(b) She is glad to have him out of the women's chamber.
(c) He is not her favorite child.
(d) She has too much to do to take care of him.
3. What does Lily find when she enters Snow Flower's house for the first time?
(a) A happy home.
(b) A bad smell.
(c) It is too warm.
(d) Beautiful furniture.
4. What does Madame Gao deliver to the family during the hot month?
(a) Refreshing fruit.
(b) Cool cloths.
(c) Extra food.
(d) Letter from Elder Sister.
5. Why are eggs served to guests at the one-month party for Lily's son?
(a) They are the favorite food of the villagers.
(b) There was a surplus of eggs that month.
(c) They are symbols of childhood toys.
(d) Symbols of life dyed red for celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lily and Snow Flower agree on about the binding of their daughters' feet?
2. What do Snow Flower and Lily have to do for Snow Flower's children when they take a rest from walking up the mountain?
3. What is Snow Flower's father addicted to?
4. How old is Snow Flower's first born son when they are in the mountains?
5. Who watches Lily's children while she takes care of her sick mother- in-law?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)