|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Flower-Sitting Chair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Madame Gao?
(b) Local matchmaker.
2. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(a) As if she is of no consequence.
(b) With great honor.
3. Who is so unsteady on her feet that she has to use a cane?
(a) Lily's aunt.
(b) Elder Sister.
(c) Lily's mother.
(d) Lily's brother.
4. What does Snow Flower make for breakfast when she is visiting Lily's family?
(a) Pork and pumpkin seeds.
(b) Eggs and bacon.
(c) Cakes and tea.
5. How old is Lily when she hears her mother ask Madame Wang why Lily is never invited to Snow Flower's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the eggs and rice represent that Lily's family sends to the grooms' families?
2. What is Lily's reaction when her mother slaps her face after the matchmaker's visit?
3. How does Snow Flower get through the footbinding process?
4. What does Snow Flower write to Lily about before they meet?
5. What does having their hair pinned up mean for Lily and Snow Flower?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)