|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Into the Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Snow Flower say saved her family?
(a) Lily's mother.
(b) Sun Flower's Elder Sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Madame Wang.
2. What does Lily paint on the fan after she has read third-day books for Snow Flower?
(a) Two pheonixes rising.
(b) Wilted flower with tears.
3. What does Lily help Snow Flower do after she learns of her family's misfortune?
(a) Clean Snow Flower's house.
(b) Teach her mother to garden.
(c) Rent a room in another village.
(d) Learn to become a matchmaker.
4. What do Snow Flower and Lily have to do for Snow Flower's children when they take a rest from walking up the mountain?
(a) Gather berries for them to eat.
(b) Fan them to cool them off.
(c) Rub their hands.
(d) Read a book to them.
5. What is a palanquin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lily's mother-in-law teach her about a wife's duty to obey?
2. What pattern is embroidered on Lily's green silk jacket that she wears to visit Snow Flower in "Truth"?
3. Who do Lily and Snow Flower find sitting around a fire up in the mountain?
4. What does Lily say about Snow Flower's voice when she chants the Yao story?
5. How is Snow Flower dressed when Lily visits her home for the first time?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)