|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Rife?
2. What remained dormant inside of humans?
3. With what is a green flag associated?
4. Where does Rife take Y.T. where he figures he is safe from Uncle Enzo?
5. What is the antidote to the traditional virus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
2. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
3. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
4. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
5. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
6. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
7. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
8. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
9. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
10. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
Essay Topic 2
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the differences between the Rat Things and Ng's motorized wheelchair. Discuss similarities. Which one benefits more people? Why? How could either be integrated into today's society? What are some major obstacles in achieving this?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)