|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads to Uncle Enzo's victory over Raven?
2. Who does Hiro find in the Metaverse?
3. What is Hiro's plan?
4. How were Raven and Hiro's fathers blinded?
5. Who are the people ushered into Ng's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
2. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
3. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
4. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
5. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
6. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
7. Why would the appearance of Raven be a welcome distraction to Y.T.?
8. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
9. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
L. Bob Rife is a popular man. Write an essay on religious icons and their impact on society as a whole. How has that changed over the last several decades?
Essay Topic 2
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)