|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is a green flag associated?
2. Who does Hiro find in the Metaverse?
3. Who now is Hiro's only companion?
4. Who ends up sacrificing themselves for Y.T.?
5. Why does Raven help the Orthos?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was glossalia suppressed?
2. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
3. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
4. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
5. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
6. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
7. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
8. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
9. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
10. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
Essay Topic 3
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)