|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Raven does before he parts from Y.T.?
2. What does Hiro want of the librarian?
3. What else besides an Antidote does Hiro create?
4. With what is a green flag associated?
5. What does Hiro note about Port Sherman?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
2. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
3. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
4. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
5. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
6. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
7. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
8. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
9. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
10. What do Raven and Y.T. have in common?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the state of affairs in the real world if the government no longer held its authority. What do you think the world would be like? Describe possible reasons for the collapse of the culture, social development, and justice system that would inevitably occur.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)