|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Y.T. up from the airport?
2. What do the 'Raft Gargoyles' do?
3. Who approaches the life raft?
4. Who does Raven talk to in the middle of his battle?
5. What does Y.T. ask the clerk at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
2. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
3. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
4. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
5. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
6. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
7. What are some possible reasons for Uncle Enzo to seek revenge against L. Bob Rife?
8. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
9. What do Raven and Y.T. have in common?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Y.T. appears to at first be mistaken for a boy by some main characters. What are some possible reasons for this confusion and her behavior? In an essay, explain how identity/sexual orientation could be altered and to what advantage or disadvantage.
Essay Topic 2
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
The Crips are actually an L.A. based gang. Discuss reasons why such a role would be occupied by a gang that exists in the real world. Discuss the use of this group of characters and what it reflects upon their society.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)