|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What program does Hiro find particularity useful?
2. How does Y.T. break her fall from the helicopter?
3. What are the names of the two women that accompany Y.T.?
4. What does Hiro want of the librarian?
5. Who is seated in the one-man kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. What do Raven and Y.T. have in common?
4. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
5. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
6. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
7. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
8. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
9. How was glossalia suppressed?
10. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the literary device moral. Do you think there is a moral to this story? If so, what is it? If not, do you think you could create one? Explain why an author might choose to use a moral.
Essay Topic 2
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)