|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches the life raft?
2. About what does Hiro choose to talk to Raven?
3. Why does Uncle Enzo take a straight razor to his pant legs?
4. Where does Rife take Y.T. where he figures he is safe from Uncle Enzo?
5. Who did Lagos approach with information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
2. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
3. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
4. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
5. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
6. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
7. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
Essay Topic 2
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)