|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Raven does better than harpooning?
2. How does Hiro disable the Snow Crash bomb?
3. About what does Hiro choose to talk to Raven?
4. How does Y.T. break her fall from the helicopter?
5. How does Hiro get his hands on the tablet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
2. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
3. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
4. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
5. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
6. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
7. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
8. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
9. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
10. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
Essay Topic 2
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
Essay Topic 3
Define the literary device moral. Do you think there is a moral to this story? If so, what is it? If not, do you think you could create one? Explain why an author might choose to use a moral.
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)