|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hiro do with Reason?
2. Who did Lagos approach with information?
3. Where does Y.T. see Raven?
4. What program does Hiro find particularity useful?
5. What is Phase Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
2. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
3. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
4. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
5. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
6. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
7. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
8. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
9. How was glossalia suppressed?
10. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the Rat Things and Ng's motorized wheelchair. Discuss similarities. Which one benefits more people? Why? How could either be integrated into today's society? What are some major obstacles in achieving this?
Essay Topic 2
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)