|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people with the antennae on the back of their heads do to prisoners?
2. What does Hiro note about Port Sherman?
3. What does Hiro find out about the wireheads?
4. What else does Uncle Enzo remove?
5. Where do Y.T. and Raven go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
2. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
3. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
4. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
7. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
8. How was glossalia suppressed?
9. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
10. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the state of affairs in the real world if the government no longer held its authority. What do you think the world would be like? Describe possible reasons for the collapse of the culture, social development, and justice system that would inevitably occur.
Essay Topic 2
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)