|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fisheye get the Pirates to listen to him?
2. Who is on the Raft with Hiro?
3. There are two people, groups of people, or things that show great loyalty. What are they?
4. Who rescues Hiro from the wireheads?
5. Who brewed a potion to kill the Nipponese officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
2. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
3. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
4. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
5. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
6. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
7. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
8. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
9. Why would the appearance of Raven be a welcome distraction to Y.T.?
10. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 2
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)