|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the Raft with Hiro?
2. What was Raven's long term plan?
3. How does Y.T. attempt to escape the helicopter?
4. Who does Hiro find in the Metaverse?
5. Who is seated in the one-man kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
2. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
3. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
4. How was glossalia suppressed?
5. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
6. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
7. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
10. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)