|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Y.T. know that Raven isn't mad at her?
2. Who rescues Hiro from the wireheads?
3. What does Hiro do with Reason?
4. Why does Uncle Enzo take a straight razor to his pant legs?
5. With what is a green flag associated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. Fisheye tells Hiro that he is sure the pirates would listen to reason. Why would pirates listen to reason?
4. How was glossalia suppressed?
5. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
6. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
7. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
8. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
9. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
10. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
Essay Topic 2
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)