|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fisheye want to do for Uncle Enzo?
2. What sinks the Kowloon?
3. What does Hiro discover about the Raft?
4. What leads to Uncle Enzo's victory over Raven?
5. What really seems to disturb Hiro?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
2. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
3. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
4. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
5. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
6. What do Raven and Y.T. have in common?
7. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
8. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
9. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
10. What are some possible reasons for Uncle Enzo to seek revenge against L. Bob Rife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Speculate on the state of affairs in the real world if the government no longer held its authority. What do you think the world would be like? Describe possible reasons for the collapse of the culture, social development, and justice system that would inevitably occur.
Essay Topic 2
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
Essay Topic 3
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)