|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is on the Raft with Hiro?
2. Where does Y.T. see Raven?
3. What distracts Raven during the chase?
4. What did Enki believe would help the human race become stronger?
5. What happens to Rife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Fisheye is more concerned about what Uncle Enzo will think more than his own life?
2. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
3. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
4. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
5. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
6. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
7. How was glossalia suppressed?
8. What are some possible reasons for Uncle Enzo to seek revenge against L. Bob Rife?
9. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
10. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
Essay Topic 2
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
Essay Topic 3
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)