|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did L. Bob Rife find the Nam-Shub of Enki?
2. Why is Juanita bleeding?
3. Who do Hiro and Y.T. represent?
4. Who or what discovers Y.T.?
5. What disturbs Hiro's connection to the Metaverse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
2. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
3. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
4. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
5. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
6. How was glossalia suppressed?
7. How does Hiro view Reason, and how can it be fixed?
8. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
9. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
10. Fisheye tells Hiro that he is sure the pirates would listen to reason. Why would pirates listen to reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)