Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
Hiro embarks on a mission to save the world and risks life and limb to do so. Write an essay that details his motivations and compare that with what you would have done in a similar situation.
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)