|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
2. What kind of motorcycle did Hiro want?
3. What is Nam-Shub?
4. What quadrant do Hiro and Da5id go to check out?
5. From where do Vitaly Chernobyl and the Meltdowns hail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Metacops?
2. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
3. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
4. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
5. What did Enki do to humanities words?
6. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
7. Who is Da5id?
8. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
9. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
10. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Speculate on the state of affairs in the real world if the government no longer held its authority. What do you think the world would be like? Describe possible reasons for the collapse of the culture, social development, and justice system that would inevitably occur.
Essay Topic 3
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)