|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Y.T. find herself working for for the first time?
2. Y.T. sprays The Clinks manager with _____________________.
3. Who is Hiro looking for at the Snooze-N-Cruise?
4. What is the first thing Y.T.'s Mom does when she arrives at work?
5. Who is Fido really?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
2. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
3. In Chapter 38 we see what we would consider violations to our right to privacy. What does Y.T.'s mother put up with working for the Feds?
4. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
5. What is a Nam-Shub?
6. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
7. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
8. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
9. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
10. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,826 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)