Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
Y.T. appears to at first be mistaken for a boy by some main characters. What are some possible reasons for this confusion and her behavior? In an essay, explain how identity/sexual orientation could be altered and to what advantage or disadvantage.
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)