|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't anything touch Da5id?
2. From whose point of view is this chapter narrated?
3. What limits an avatar's appearance?
4. What is the name of the virtual world that Hiro works in after losing his pizza delivery job?
5. To what does Y.T. compare the Snow Crash?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
2. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
3. What are Metacops?
4. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
5. How does the Raft navigate?
6. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
7. Uncle Enzo takes a real liking to Y.T. in Chapter 21. Why?
8. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
9. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
10. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 2
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
Essay Topic 3
The Crips are actually an L.A. based gang. Discuss reasons why such a role would be occupied by a gang that exists in the real world. Discuss the use of this group of characters and what it reflects upon their society.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)