|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
2. What does the large white man ask of Hiro?
3. How does Y.T. agree to split the proceeds of the intel she provides?
4. What does Hiro do to the large white man?
5. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
2. What did Enki do to humanities words?
3. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
4. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
5. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
6. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
7. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
8. What is the Black Sun?
9. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
10. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
This section contains 1,728 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)