Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
Essay Topic 1
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
Essay Topic 2
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)