|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squeaky reveal about Raven?
2. Who does Y.T. find herself working for for the first time?
3. To what does Y.T. compare the Snow Crash?
4. What was in the airstream that appeared over the town square?
5. Where can the avatars not pass through each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
2. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
3. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
4. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
5. What are Avatars?
6. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
7. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
8. There are two new additions in Hiro's office within the Metaverse. What are they and what are their functions?
9. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
10. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)