Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
The Crips are actually an L.A. based gang. Discuss reasons why such a role would be occupied by a gang that exists in the real world. Discuss the use of this group of characters and what it reflects upon their society.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)