|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
3. Who is the common recipient of all donations and founder of the Pearly Gates?
4. Who is Hiro looking for at the Snooze-N-Cruise?
5. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 38 we see what we would consider violations to our right to privacy. What does Y.T.'s mother put up with working for the Feds?
2. What are Avatars?
3. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
4. What did Enki do to humanities words?
5. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
6. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
7. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
8. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
9. What are Metacops?
10. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Rife's control over the Raft's navigation and his control over his followers have in common? How does that compare to the control religious heads today have over their followers? Compare Rife to a current religious head of your choice. What are his/her commonalities/differences?
Essay Topic 3
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)