|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Y.T. escape the Fed guys?
2. How does the Raft navigate?
3. Where does Hiro decide to go that he needs transportation?
4. What attaches itself to the Deliverator and ends up helping him?
5. What does Juanita want Hiro to avoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
2. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
3. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
4. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
5. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
6. How does the Raft navigate?
7. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
8. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
9. What did Enki do to humanities words?
10. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
L. Bob Rife is a popular man. Write an essay on religious icons and their impact on society as a whole. How has that changed over the last several decades?
Essay Topic 2
Despite Y.T.'s knowing who Raven is and what he is capable of, she finds herself extremely attracted to him. Suggest reasons why this may be the case. Put yourself in the place of either character. Do you think you would feel the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)