|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman with the shaved head do on the raft?
2. What do Vitaly and the Meltdowns do now?
3. What does the large white man ask of Hiro?
4. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
5. How does Hiro escape the Enforcers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Nam-Shub?
2. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
3. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
4. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
5. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
6. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
9. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
10. Who is Da5id?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
Essay Topic 2
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
Essay Topic 3
Y.T. appears to at first be mistaken for a boy by some main characters. What are some possible reasons for this confusion and her behavior? In an essay, explain how identity/sexual orientation could be altered and to what advantage or disadvantage.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)