|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Y.T.'s mother work?
2. What is the first thing Y.T.'s Mom does when she arrives at work?
3. How does the Raft navigate?
4. To what does Y.T. compare the Snow Crash?
5. What does Ng tell Y.T. to do with the vial when she has it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
2. In Chapter 38 we see what we would consider violations to our right to privacy. What does Y.T.'s mother put up with working for the Feds?
3. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
4. Uncle Enzo takes a real liking to Y.T. in Chapter 21. Why?
5. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
6. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
7. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
8. Who is Da5id?
9. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
10. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
Essay Topic 2
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Essay Topic 3
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)