|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hiro decide to go that he needs transportation?
2. How many quadrants are in The Black Sun?
3. What is in the briefcase recovered from T-Bone's BMW?
4. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
5. From where do Vitaly Chernobyl and the Meltdowns hail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
2. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
3. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
4. What is the Black Sun?
5. What are Metacops?
6. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
7. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
8. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
9. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
10. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 2
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Essay Topic 3
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)