|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of motorcycle did Hiro want?
2. To what does Y.T. compare the Snow Crash?
3. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
4. With what animal did Asherah associate?
5. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
2. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
3. What is a Nam-Shub?
4. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
5. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
6. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
7. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
8. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
9. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
10. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains rat things. How do they compare to other pack style animals. They are referred to by other names as well. Why? How many parallels can you find in nature that align themselves with rat things and what characteristics do they share?
This section contains 1,830 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)