|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the story of Enki remind Hiro?
2. What has the Snow Crash done to Da5id?
3. Why didn't Hiro get infected?
4. What attaches itself to the Deliverator and ends up helping him?
5. Where did the armless avatar go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Da5id?
2. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
3. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
4. What is a Nam-Shub?
5. There are two new additions in Hiro's office within the Metaverse. What are they and what are their functions?
6. What is the Black Sun?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
9. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
10. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
Essay Topic 2
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)