|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the package Y.T. picks up destined for?
2. Who's body does Squeaky show to Hiro?
3. Of what does the center of the Raft consist?
4. What attaches itself to the Deliverator and ends up helping him?
5. Y.T. sprays The Clinks manager with _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
2. What is the link between the virus, the drug and L. Bob Rife?
3. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
4. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
5. What did Enki do to humanities words?
6. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
7. Who is Da5id?
8. What is the Black Sun?
9. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
10. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Crips are actually an L.A. based gang. Discuss reasons why such a role would be occupied by a gang that exists in the real world. Discuss the use of this group of characters and what it reflects upon their society.
Essay Topic 2
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
There are plenty of examples of ethnic stereotyping in this novel. Write an essay on an ethnic stereotype of your choice. Outline why it exists and how attitudes could be changed to alter the stereotype in question, if it should be altered at all.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)