|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Hiro in a helicopter?
2. Where does Hiro decide to go that he needs transportation?
3. Who does Y.T. need to meet?
4. What does Squeaky reveal about Raven?
5. What did Lagos think Sumerian gods were?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
2. Who is Da5id?
3. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
4. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
5. What is the link between the virus, the drug and L. Bob Rife?
6. How does the Raft navigate?
7. What is the Black Sun?
8. What are Avatars?
9. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
10. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Crips are actually an L.A. based gang. Discuss reasons why such a role would be occupied by a gang that exists in the real world. Discuss the use of this group of characters and what it reflects upon their society.
Essay Topic 2
Name, describe, and quote three literary devices found in this story. How are these useful to the development of the plot? Do they distract or add to the story? How?
Essay Topic 3
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)