Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Discuss the differences between the Rat Things and Ng's motorized wheelchair. Discuss similarities. Which one benefits more people? Why? How could either be integrated into today's society? What are some major obstacles in achieving this?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)