|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raven throw at Hiro?
2. At first glance, the Deliverator appears to be more like what?
3. Who is Fido really?
4. What is the Snow Crash?
5. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
2. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
3. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
4. In Chapter 33, we learn more about Enki and his history. What is notable to Hiro?
5. How does the Raft navigate?
6. What are Avatars?
7. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
8. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
9. Who is Da5id?
10. In Chapter 38 we see what we would consider violations to our right to privacy. What does Y.T.'s mother put up with working for the Feds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Da5id enters the story very sure of himself and full of himself. How do you think his attitude might change now that he has succumbed to a virus? How many ways does a major illness or virus change the life and lifestyle of those it affects? What are the worst factors, and how can we change things to overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
Hiro embarks on a mission to save the world and risks life and limb to do so. Write an essay that details his motivations and compare that with what you would have done in a similar situation.
Essay Topic 3
Faith and religion are intertwined with technology throughout this novel. Write an essay that explains how and why they are so closely related, and how that compares to our life in the real world.
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)