|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squeaky reveal about Raven?
2. Who is Hiro looking for at the Snooze-N-Cruise?
3. What is Nam-Shub?
4. How does Y.T. agree to split the proceeds of the intel she provides?
5. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
3. What are Metacops?
4. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
5. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
6. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
7. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
8. What is the link between the virus, the drug and L. Bob Rife?
9. What is a Nam-Shub?
10. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Mr. Stephenson's writing style. Name two other authors that write in a similar style. Why is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Y.T. appears to at first be mistaken for a boy by some main characters. What are some possible reasons for this confusion and her behavior? In an essay, explain how identity/sexual orientation could be altered and to what advantage or disadvantage.
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)