|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attaches itself to the Deliverator and ends up helping him?
2. To whom does Y.T. deliver a package?
3. Where is the package Y.T. picks up destined for?
4. What does Hiro do to the large white man?
5. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Enki do to humanities words?
2. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
3. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
4. What is the Black Sun?
5. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
6. Uncle Enzo takes a real liking to Y.T. in Chapter 21. Why?
7. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
8. What is a Nam-Shub?
9. What is the link between the virus, the drug and L. Bob Rife?
10. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Think about the Raft gargoyles. What do you think would inspire someone without Juanita's motivations to mutilate themselves in such a fashion? If you think nothing could, speculate on how the multitudes of wireheads came to be.
Essay Topic 2
Snow Crash is referred to as three different things. What are they and how do they differ? In what way are they the same? For each of them, find a real life equivalent. Compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
There is one character that is really round, or realistic, in this novel. Describe this character and what makes him/her a finished character. Why are his/her motives realistic? By comparison, what is the flattest, or most unrealistic character?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)