|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the center of the Raft consist?
2. What is the En?
3. Who picks up Hiro in a helicopter?
4. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
5. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
2. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
3. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
4. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
5. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
6. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
7. What is the link between the virus, the drug and L. Bob Rife?
8. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
9. What did Enki do to humanities words?
10. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters are static? Which are dynamic? Which characters are rounded and which are flat? Justify your argument by supporting it from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Define the literary device moral. Do you think there is a moral to this story? If so, what is it? If not, do you think you could create one? Explain why an author might choose to use a moral.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that details Metaverse to someone who might never have heard of a computer before? Discuss restrictions vs. abilities in this world and in that one.
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)