|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Hiro get Raven out of the Metaverse?
(a) By decapitating his avatar
(b) By asking him politely to cease and desist
(c) By telling him Y.T. is in danger
(d) By causing him to crash his bike
2. What program does Hiro find particularity useful?
(a) The YOU ARE HERE program
(b) The HERE program
(c) The Snow Crash
(d) The Reason program
3. How does Y.T. know that Raven isn't mad at her?
(a) He screams it to her.
(b) He mouths the words from the other helicopter.
(c) He looks at her and is smiling.
(d) He slides down with her.
4. Why does Uncle Enzo take a straight razor to his pant legs?
(a) So he can impress the ladies.
(b) To stop them from getting wet.
(c) So they don't make noise against his leg hair.
(d) So he is in fashion.
5. What does Hiro want of the librarian?
(a) A guide to assaulting a ship at sea
(b) The ancient texts referring to the Nam-Shub of Enki
(c) A guide to creating weaponry from bits of garbage
(d) Blueprints of the aircraft carrier
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Juanita bleeding?
2. With whom is the person in the one-man kayak allied?
3. What does Y.T. notice about people that are brainwashed?
4. What happens to Raven after he sleeps with Y.T?
5. What disturbs Hiro's connection to the Metaverse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
2. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
5. Fisheye tells Hiro that he is sure the pirates would listen to reason. Why would pirates listen to reason?
6. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
7. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
8. How was glossalia suppressed?
9. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
10. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)