|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What really seems to disturb Hiro?
(a) L. Bob Rife
(b) Y.T.'s encounter with Raven
(c) Hunger in Africa
(d) The wireheads
2. How does Y.T. attempt to escape the helicopter?
(a) She threatens to jump.
(b) She throws a fire extinguisher at one of the crew.
(c) She begs and pleads to be let free.
(d) She zaps a crew member.
3. What leads to Uncle Enzo's victory over Raven?
(a) His activation of the Narrow Cone Tuned Shock Wave Projector
(b) His diplomacy
(c) His sharp wit
(d) His caustic tongue
4. What does Hiro want of the librarian?
(a) A guide to assaulting a ship at sea
(b) A guide to creating weaponry from bits of garbage
(c) The ancient texts referring to the Nam-Shub of Enki
(d) Blueprints of the aircraft carrier
5. How does Hiro get his hands on the tablet?
(a) He finds it attached to a chain under the Raft.
(b) He finds it in L. Bob Rife's personal quarters.
(c) He finds it hidden in a filing cabinet.
(d) Y.T. pushes it out of the helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Y.T. feel about Raven?
2. How does Fisheye get the Pirates to listen to him?
3. Who did Rife hire to help him create a Snow Crash Bomb?
4. Against whom is Uncle Enzo fighting?
5. How does Y.T. know that Raven isn't mad at her?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
2. What are some possible reasons for Uncle Enzo to seek revenge against L. Bob Rife?
3. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
4. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
5. How was glossalia suppressed?
6. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
7. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
8. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
9. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
10. What is a possible reason Hiro would take the inflatable dinghy to navigate the waters around the Raft rather than the powered boat?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)