|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Uncle Enzo take a straight razor to his pant legs?
(a) So he is in fashion.
(b) To stop them from getting wet.
(c) So he can impress the ladies.
(d) So they don't make noise against his leg hair.
2. How does Y.T. feel about Raven?
(a) She doesn't want anything to do with him.
(b) She still has feelings for him, despite their situation.
(c) She feels betrayed by the fact that he is an agent of the enemy.
(d) She is hurt by the fact that he tried to kill Hiro.
3. Why do Rife's pilots swear allegiance to Uncle Enzo?
(a) They wanted to avoid jail time.
(b) They all witnessed any opposition come to violent ends.
(c) They were bribed with millions of dollars.
(d) They wanted Uncle Enzo to like them.
4. What are the names of the two women that accompany Y.T.?
(a) Melissa and Beatrice
(b) Mary and Bernita
(c) Bonnie and Marla
(d) Bonnie and Clarice
5. Who does Raven talk to in the middle of his battle?
(a) Y.T.'s Mom
(d) L. Bob Rife
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is the person in the one-man kayak allied?
2. Who do Hiro and Y.T. represent?
3. How does Hiro put back together all the pieces of the tablet?
4. What is the only thing that Raven does better than harpooning?
5. Who comes to Y.T.'s immediate rescue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
2. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
3. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
4. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
5. How does Hiro disarm the Snow Crash bomb?
6. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
7. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
8. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
9. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
10. How was glossalia suppressed?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)