|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did L. Bob Rife find the Nam-Shub of Enki?
2. What does Y.T. ask the clerk at the hotel?
(a) If he has any antidote to the narcotic she accidentally administered to Raven
(b) If she can leave
(c) If she could use a Metaverse terminal and charge it to her room
(d) If he could take care of the unconscious man in her room
3. Why does Raven help the Orthos?
(a) They promised to give him whatever woman he wanted.
(b) They showed him what was killing him.
(c) They promised to get back at those that had wronged him.
(d) They promised to make him a very rich man.
4. What is Hiro's next move?
(a) Killing Raven
(b) To rescue Y.T.
(c) To find Juanita and release the nam-shub of Enki
(d) Sinking the Raft
5. How does Hiro get his hands on the tablet?
(a) He finds it hidden in a filing cabinet.
(b) He finds it in L. Bob Rife's personal quarters.
(c) He finds it attached to a chain under the Raft.
(d) Y.T. pushes it out of the helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Y.T.'s immediate rescue?
2. What does Hiro call the antidote to the Snow Crash Virus?
3. Who picks Y.T. up from the airport?
4. Why don't the other hackers help Hiro?
5. To whom does Y.T. find herself attracted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons the Mafia may have taken an interest in opposing the Orthos?
2. What does Hiro learn about Juanita in Chapter 42 and as a result decides to do?
3. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
4. How was glossalia suppressed?
5. Rife is angry at Y.T. for delivering the package to Hiro. Why doesn't he kill her or infect her?
6. What is L. Bob Rife's interest in Y.T. in Chapter 60?
7. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
8. In Chapter 64, the chase between Hiro and Raven is even. Why?
9. The Mafia man who has already met Y.T. earlier in the story now describes to Hiro in depth the five phase plan. What is it?
10. How has L. Bob Rife distributed the virus to the masses?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)