|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fido really?
(a) NG Security Industries Semi-Autonomous Guard Unit B-782
(b) An adorable puppy
(c) A cult follower of Asherah
(d) An alien
2. What has the Snow Crash done to Da5id?
(a) Intercepted an ambulance
(b) Restored complicated plans
(c) Smashed it to pieces
(d) Crashed his brain
3. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
(a) The Librarian
(d) A philosopher
4. Who accepts Hiro's invitation to perform?
(a) The Crips
(b) Sushi K
5. How does Y.T. escape the Fed guys?
(a) She sprays them with bullets.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She tells them a long and boring story.
(d) She issues a command to her uniform that shocks them via her wrist cuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lagos think Sumerian gods were?
2. For whom does Y.T. work?
3. How does Hiro escape the Enforcers?
4. Who picks up Hiro in a helicopter?
5. What limits an avatar's appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Black Sun?
2. Who is Da5id?
3. What is a Nam-Shub?
4. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
5. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
6. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
7. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
8. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
9. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
10. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)