Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ng's specialty?
(a) Computer hacking
(b) Neurological research
(c) High tech security
(d) Computer piracy
2. Who is Uncle Enzo waiting to meet?
(a) A blind date
(b) A new guard
3. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
(a) A minivan
(b) An unattended taxi
(c) A bus
(d) A BMW
4. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
(a) A semi autonomous guard unit
(c) A gang of thieves and kidnappers
(d) The 'Rat Thing'
5. What is the Deliverators real name?
(a) Windsor Mews
(c) Hiro Protagonist
(d) Cosa Nostra
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the virtual world that Hiro works in after losing his pizza delivery job?
2. What does Hiro do to the large white man?
3. How many quadrants are in The Black Sun?
4. Of what does the center of the Raft consist?
5. What does Y.T. fling at the computer screen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
2. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
3. In Chapter 59, what is Hiro's plan to retrieve the tablets?
4. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
5. Who wins the fight between Raven and Uncle Enzo?
6. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
7. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
8. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
9. How does Hiro learn more about the wireheads?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)