|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Deliverator used to have another job description. What was it?
(a) The Deliverator ran a bicycle messenger service.
(b) The Deliverator used to sell used cars.
(c) The Deliverator used to write software.
(d) The Deliverator drove a semi tanker.
2. What did Lagos think Sumerian gods were?
(a) Holographic images
(b) Humans with special powers
(c) Normal people with the ability to coerce people into doing their bidding
(d) Sociological and psychological manipulators
3. Where did the armless avatar go?
(a) To the zoo
(b) Express port 127
(c) To a Lakers game
(d) Express port 248
4. What is the Snow Crash?
(a) Distilled water from a fountain in Venezuela
(b) A computer virus
(c) Distilled blood serum laced with cocaine
5. Where does Y.T.'s Mom's manager take her?
(a) To the bathroom
(b) To a windowless room
(c) To jail
(d) To an interrogation cell
Short Answer Questions
1. How many quadrants are in The Black Sun?
2. Where did L. Bob Rife start his career in sports, and what did he do afterward?
3. How does Y.T. agree to split the proceeds of the intel she provides?
4. Who does Juanita want Hiro to meet?
5. Who picks up Hiro in a helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Raven and Y.T. have in common?
2. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
3. Fisheye tells Hiro that he is sure the pirates would listen to reason. Why would pirates listen to reason?
4. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
5. What are some of the perks of a relationship with Raven?
6. What could be a possible reason for Hiro talking about his father to Raven?
7. What are some possible reasons for Hiro's discomfort in the knowledge that Y.T. and Raven slept together?
8. What is a Nam-Shub?
9. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
10. Hiro finds Raven in the Metaverse. What is Raven doing?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)