|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many quadrants are in The Black Sun?
2. What is Y.T.'s destination?
(a) Hollywood California
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Beverly Hills
(d) Reverend Wayne's Pearly Gates #1106
3. What does Raven throw at Hiro?
(a) A briefcase
(b) A spear
(c) A rock
(d) A package
4. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
5. Who is the head of the Crips?
(b) T. Bone
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Y.T. discover a new loyalty?
2. About what new gang does Y.T. hear?
3. Where is the package Y.T. picks up destined for?
4. What is the first thing Y.T.'s Mom does when she arrives at work?
5. Who else is standing with Y.T.'s Mom's manager?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
2. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
3. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
4. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
5. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
6. In Chapter 10, there is an underlying theme that goes to extremes. What is this theme and what are some examples so far in the book?
7. How does Hiro manage to create an antidote to Snow Crash? Why do you think he didn't do this before and save himself the majority of the trouble?
8. Great examples of loyalty are shown in Chapter 65. Name them
9. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
10. Although Raven is a murderer, he has some redeeming qualities. Name them.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)