|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the woman with the shaved head do on the raft?
(a) Attempted to discover the antidote
(b) Gave blood till her veins didn't work
(c) Tried to warn the president his life was in danger
(d) Administered care to others there
2. Where did the armless avatar go?
(a) To a Lakers game
(b) Express port 127
(c) Express port 248
(d) To the zoo
3. What kind of motorcycle did Hiro want?
(a) A new Suzuki
(b) A Harley Davidson
(c) A new Yamaha with Smartwheels
(d) A street-racer bike
4. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
(a) In a house on acreage in Oregon
(b) In a twenty-by-thirty foot U-Stor-It unit in Inglewood, California
(c) In a basement suite in Sacramento
(d) In a high rise in Los Angeles
5. Of what does the story of Enki remind Hiro?
(a) The way he feels about Da5id
(b) His date with Y.T.
(c) His responsibilities
(d) The story of Babel
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Y.T.'s Mom does when she arrives at work?
2. What is the name of the peacekeeping force in the White Columns burbclave?
3. What is Nam-Shub?
4. When she arrives, where does she deliver the briefcase?
5. Why didn't Hiro get infected?
Short Essay Questions
1. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
2. How does Hiro release the Nam-Shub of Enki?
3. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
4. How is it apparent the control Hiro has over the information system?
5. Uncle Enzo takes a real liking to Y.T. in Chapter 21. Why?
6. What are possible reasons for Y.T.'s abduction to the Raft?
7. Fisheye tells Hiro that he is sure the pirates would listen to reason. Why would pirates listen to reason?
8. How do the Kouriers come to Y.T.'s rescue?
9. What is revealed in Y.T.'s relationship to her mom?
10. How does Fido sacrifice himself for Y.T.?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)