|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
(a) In a basement suite in Sacramento
(b) In a house on acreage in Oregon
(c) In a twenty-by-thirty foot U-Stor-It unit in Inglewood, California
(d) In a high rise in Los Angeles
2. Who else is standing with Y.T.'s Mom's manager?
(a) The polygraph proctor
(c) The head of state
(d) The President
3. Who is Hiro looking for at the Snooze-N-Cruise?
(a) Susan Miller
(b) Chuck Wrightson
(c) Sylvia Knittel
(d) Charlie Williams
4. Of what does the story of Enki remind Hiro?
(a) The story of Babel
(b) His date with Y.T.
(c) The way he feels about Da5id
(d) His responsibilities
5. Where did the armless avatar go?
(a) To a Lakers game
(b) To the zoo
(c) Express port 248
(d) Express port 127
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
2. How does the Raft navigate?
3. What important job does Y.T. accomplish in time for the Mafia?
4. What feature does Y.T. activate on her new plank that enables her escape?
5. Why didn't Hiro get infected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things are revealed in Chapter 20 to make Raven a more formidable adversary than previously realized?
2. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
3. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
4. What is the Sacrifice Zone?
5. In Chapter 38 we see what we would consider violations to our right to privacy. What does Y.T.'s mother put up with working for the Feds?
6. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
7. When Y.T. enters Fedland, what else can we note about the present government?
8. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
9. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
10. What are Avatars?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)