|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Y.T. find herself working for for the first time?
(b) The Enforcers
(c) The Government
(d) The Mafia
2. What does the large white man ask of Hiro?
(a) If Hiro can give him directions to Albuquerque
(b) What his ethnic background is
(c) If Hiro can get him a glass of water
(d) If he can get a light for his cigarette
3. What mistake does Jason make?
(a) He loses a package.
(b) He closes early.
(c) He delivers the package instead of getting Y. T. to do it.
(d) He goes to the wrong place.
4. How does Y.T. agree to split the proceeds of the intel she provides?
5. What is Nam-Shub?
(a) A black cube
(b) The name of the antidote
(c) Single syllables linked to form words
(d) Street slang for a shrug native to the area
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose point of view is this chapter narrated?
2. Around what does the questioning by the polygraph proctor center?
3. With what animal did Asherah associate?
4. What did Lagos think Sumerian gods were?
5. What is the High Priest carrying as he approaches Y.T.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is atypical of what appears to be a typical drug deal?
2. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
3. What are Avatars?
4. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
5. What is the Black Sun?
6. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
7. For the first time in this book, the effects of the drug Snow Crash are revealed to Hiro. What are they?
8. Why might a big wig like Uncle Enzo want to meet Y.T. Kourier, and how does he go about arranging such a meeting?
9. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
10. What is the Metaverse and how is it viewed by those who spend the most amount of time there?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)