|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Y.T. work?
(b) Knights of White
(c) The White Columns Police
(d) The Clink
2. What 'thing' has taken the taxi drivers?
(a) The 'Rat Thing'
(b) A gang of thieves and kidnappers
(c) A semi autonomous guard unit
3. What does Raven throw at Hiro?
(a) A spear
(b) A rock
(c) A package
(d) A briefcase
4. How does Hiro escape the Enforcers?
(a) Uses Liquid Knuckles
(b) Engages them in a polite discussion about politics
(c) Slices his own exit through the inflatable building
(d) Defeats them, one-by-one with his katana
5. Where is the package Y.T. picks up destined for?
(a) The United States of America
(c) The Raft
(d) Soviet Russia
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Y.T. compare the Snow Crash?
2. To whom does Y.T. deliver a package?
3. Why didn't Hiro get infected?
4. Of what does the story of Enki remind Hiro?
5. Who does Jason think is interested in him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Nam-Shub?
2. How does the Raft navigate?
3. Other than Hiro's ability with computers and programming, we see that he has other skills that are revealed in Chapter 11. What are they?
4. More ethnic stereotyping is revealed in Chapter 40. How do people from the New South Africa franchise treat Hiro?
5. According the the Librarian in Chapter 30, what are some links between the Cult of Asherah and the Bible?
6. Why is the Deliverator so disturbed by the idea that the pizza he delivers might be late?
7. What are some possible reasons that Y.T. might feel uncomfortable around the people of Griffith Park and the Falabalas?
8. In Chapter 39, what do we learn about Raven and the Orthos?
9. A foreboding character is introduced in Chapter 15. Who is he and what is foreshadowed in this chapter?
10. What does Chapter 37 reveal about the US Government?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)