|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the most important skills of a Kourier?
(a) How to read people
(b) How to go places without gaining attention
(c) How to avoid obstacles
(d) How to make deliveries fast
2. How does Y.T. feel about Raven?
(a) She feels betrayed by the fact that he is an agent of the enemy.
(b) She doesn't want anything to do with him.
(c) She still has feelings for him, despite their situation.
(d) She is hurt by the fact that he tried to kill Hiro.
3. To whom does Y.T. find herself attracted?
(b) A nondescript Russian
(c) Dmitri Ravinoff, or Raven
(d) L Bob Rife
4. Against whom is Uncle Enzo fighting?
(a) L. Bob Rife
5. What remained dormant inside of humans?
(b) The Metavirus
(c) Herpes Simplex
(d) The Avian flu
6. Who is the nice girl that loves Fido?
(a) Y.T.'s Mom
7. What does Hiro note about Port Sherman?
(a) The population has boomed in the normally small town since the Raft appeared.
(b) That it only has one supermarket, one diner and two clothes shops with a tackle store between them.
(c) Port Sherman is situated at the base of a mountain, and that the weather is usually rainy.
(d) That it is a tiny town situated on the California coastline with a small population.
8. Who were the two people who re-established the Cult of Asherah?
(a) Reverend William and L. Bob Rife
(b) Reverend Wayne and L. Bob Rife
(c) Reverend L. Bob Rife and Wayne
(d) Little John and the Sheriff of Nottingham
9. What does Hiro find out about the wireheads?
(a) They are annoying.
(b) They still talk even though they are dead.
(c) They can dream.
(d) They are ruthless and unforgiving.
10. Who did Rife hire to help him create a Snow Crash Bomb?
(c) The Wireheads
(d) The US government
11. What does Hiro think that Reason needs to be operational again?
(a) An oiling
(b) Some care and cleaning
(c) A software update
(d) More uranium
12. What really seems to disturb Hiro?
(a) Hunger in Africa
(b) Y.T.'s encounter with Raven
(c) L. Bob Rife
(d) The wireheads
13. What does Hiro believe is more efficient to negotiate the boarding of the Raft?
(a) The pirate boats dinghy
(d) His bike
14. Who rescues Hiro from the wireheads?
15. Why do Rife's pilots swear allegiance to Uncle Enzo?
(a) They wanted to avoid jail time.
(b) They were bribed with millions of dollars.
(c) They wanted Uncle Enzo to like them.
(d) They all witnessed any opposition come to violent ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two women that accompany Y.T.?
2. How does Hiro get through the daemons?
3. Where does Rife take Y.T. where he figures he is safe from Uncle Enzo?
4. How does Hiro get his hands on the tablet?
5. What else does Uncle Enzo remove?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)