|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hiro find out about the wireheads?
(a) They are annoying.
(b) They still talk even though they are dead.
(c) They are ruthless and unforgiving.
(d) They can dream.
2. With what is a green flag associated?
(b) Juanita's decent to the underworld
(c) The Green Team
(d) Mr. Lee's Greater Hong Kong
3. Who are the people ushered into Ng's office?
(a) Aunt Mabel and Suzie Cue
(b) Raven and Eliot
(c) Uncle Enzo and Mr. Lee
(d) Tranny and Y.T.
4. How does Y.T. feel about Raven?
(a) She is hurt by the fact that he tried to kill Hiro.
(b) She still has feelings for him, despite their situation.
(c) She feels betrayed by the fact that he is an agent of the enemy.
(d) She doesn't want anything to do with him.
5. What does Hiro want of the librarian?
(a) The ancient texts referring to the Nam-Shub of Enki
(b) Blueprints of the aircraft carrier
(c) A guide to creating weaponry from bits of garbage
(d) A guide to assaulting a ship at sea
6. What disturbs Hiro's connection to the Metaverse?
(a) The thought of Y.T. and Raven together
(b) Gunfire and Wireheads communicating his position
(c) A French diplomat asking him to borrow his connection
(d) A power surge
7. Why don't the other hackers help Hiro?
(a) They believe the duel between Hiro and Raven is a part of the show.
(b) They don't care.
(c) They are too busy with the benefit for Da5id.
(d) They are all looking at the nude women.
8. Where does Y.T. see Raven?
(a) Sitting beside her
(b) Wandering around aimlessly on deck
(c) In the Metaverse
(d) Flying in the helicopter next to her
9. With whom is the person in the one-man kayak allied?
(a) L Bob Rife
(b) The Orthos
(c) The Mafia
10. Where does the daemon lead Hiro?
(a) Back outside
(b) To a desk where Ng sits
(c) Down a long hallway to a bathroom
(d) To a waiting room
11. Who were the two people who re-established the Cult of Asherah?
(a) Little John and the Sheriff of Nottingham
(b) Reverend L. Bob Rife and Wayne
(c) Reverend William and L. Bob Rife
(d) Reverend Wayne and L. Bob Rife
12. What does Hiro note about Port Sherman?
(a) Port Sherman is situated at the base of a mountain, and that the weather is usually rainy.
(b) The population has boomed in the normally small town since the Raft appeared.
(c) That it only has one supermarket, one diner and two clothes shops with a tackle store between them.
(d) That it is a tiny town situated on the California coastline with a small population.
13. Who is the nice girl that loves Fido?
(d) Y.T.'s Mom
14. What does Hiro discover about the Raft?
(a) That it is made of floating ethnic neighborhoods.
(b) That it is ground zero for the Snow Crash.
(c) That it is absolutely massive.
(d) That it is all controlled remotely.
15. What did Lagos find?
(a) An outlet store in Port Sherman
(b) A key on the beach that led to a hidden passageway
(c) A translation for a long dead ancient language
(d) Something that could control elite thinkers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Y.T. and Raven go?
2. Who does Raven talk to in the middle of his battle?
3. What does Hiro do with Reason?
4. What was Raven's long term plan?
5. What program does Hiro find particularity useful?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)