|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accepts Hiro's invitation to perform?
(b) Sushi K
(d) The Crips
2. What did the woman with the shaved head do on the raft?
(a) Gave blood till her veins didn't work
(b) Tried to warn the president his life was in danger
(c) Administered care to others there
(d) Attempted to discover the antidote
3. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
(b) The Librarian
(d) A philosopher
4. Of what does the story of Enki remind Hiro?
(a) His date with Y.T.
(b) The way he feels about Da5id
(c) His responsibilities
(d) The story of Babel
5. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
(a) In a high rise in Los Angeles
(b) In a house on acreage in Oregon
(c) In a twenty-by-thirty foot U-Stor-It unit in Inglewood, California
(d) In a basement suite in Sacramento
6. What is the High Priest carrying as he approaches Y.T.?
(a) A seemingly empty syringe
(b) A syringe full of blood
(c) A peeled and cored red apple
(d) A metal briefcase
7. Where can the avatars not pass through each other?
(a) When they are married.
(b) In The Black Sun
(c) On main street
(d) When they don't have enough credits.
8. From where do Vitaly Chernobyl and the Meltdowns hail?
(a) The Metaverse
(b) North America
(c) Soviet Union
9. What does Hiro do to the large white man?
(a) Throws a lighter to him
(b) Invites him for coffee
(c) Bends down and ties the large man's shoelaces together
(d) Slices off the man's head with his katana
10. What is the En?
(a) The basis for the words of English
(b) A letter that follows M
(c) A high priest that guards the me of the society written on clay tablets
(d) A police patrolman who fines people for breaking pottery at the local flower shop
11. What did Lagos think Sumerian gods were?
(a) Humans with special powers
(b) Holographic images
(c) Sociological and psychological manipulators
(d) Normal people with the ability to coerce people into doing their bidding
12. What does the large white man ask of Hiro?
(a) If he can get a light for his cigarette
(b) If Hiro can get him a glass of water
(c) What his ethnic background is
(d) If Hiro can give him directions to Albuquerque
13. The Deliverator used to have another job description. What was it?
(a) The Deliverator drove a semi tanker.
(b) The Deliverator used to sell used cars.
(c) The Deliverator used to write software.
(d) The Deliverator ran a bicycle messenger service.
14. How does the Raft navigate?
(a) It doesn't; it floats around using ocean currents.
(b) It uses sophisticated engines.
(c) It uses a sail and a pole boy.
(d) It doesn't; it's anchored in one place.
15. Who is Fido really?
(a) An adorable puppy
(b) An alien
(c) NG Security Industries Semi-Autonomous Guard Unit B-782
(d) A cult follower of Asherah
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Jason make?
2. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
3. How did Lagos view the Bible?
4. For whom does Y.T.'s mother work?
5. What does Y.T. fling at the computer screen?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)