|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ng tell Y.T. to do with the vial when she has it?
(a) Throw it in the air
(b) To open it and inhale deeply
(c) To return it quickly to him
(d) Put it in the briefcase
2. Where did the armless avatar go?
(a) To the zoo
(b) To a Lakers game
(c) Express port 248
(d) Express port 127
3. For whom does Y.T.'s mother work?
(a) The Feds
(b) The Enforcers
(c) Uncle Enzo
(d) The Crips
4. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
(b) Laser lights
(d) Muscle spasms
5. From where do Vitaly Chernobyl and the Meltdowns hail?
(b) The Metaverse
(c) North America
(d) Soviet Union
6. What did the woman with the shaved head do on the raft?
(a) Administered care to others there
(b) Gave blood till her veins didn't work
(c) Tried to warn the president his life was in danger
(d) Attempted to discover the antidote
7. Who or what comes to see that the job is accomplished on time?
(a) The Mafia copter
(b) The timekeeper
(c) The competition
(d) The media van
8. What does Juanita want Hiro to avoid?
(a) L. Bob Rife
(c) Snow Crash
(d) The big board
9. What is Hiro offered before going into the Black Sun?
(a) Bottle of whiskey.
(b) Extra credits.
(c) A hit of the drug called Snow Crash
(d) Tickets to a concert.
10. What is Y.T.'s Mom's manager's name?
11. Why can't anything touch Da5id?
(a) He takes vitamins.
(b) The avatar protects him.
(c) He's got a big bodyguard.
(d) He's on antiviral medication.
12. What quadrant do Hiro and Da5id go to check out?
(a) The Snow Crash Quadrant
(b) The Bouncer Quadrant
(c) The Black and White Quadrant
(d) The Rock Star Quadrant
13. Who does Y.T. find herself working for for the first time?
(a) The Mafia
(b) The Government
(d) The Enforcers
14. How does the Raft navigate?
(a) It doesn't; it floats around using ocean currents.
(b) It uses a sail and a pole boy.
(c) It doesn't; it's anchored in one place.
(d) It uses sophisticated engines.
15. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hiro Protagonist and Vitaly Chernobyl live?
2. Y.T. sprays The Clinks manager with _____________________.
3. Who theorized that the Tower of Babel actually occurred?
4. Of what does the center of the Raft consist?
5. From whose point of view is this chapter narrated?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)