|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Y.T.'s mother work?
(a) Uncle Enzo
(b) The Crips
(c) The Feds
(d) The Enforcers
2. Who does Y.T. find herself working for for the first time?
(a) The Government
(c) The Enforcers
(d) The Mafia
3. How does the Raft navigate?
(a) It uses sophisticated engines.
(b) It uses a sail and a pole boy.
(c) It doesn't; it's anchored in one place.
(d) It doesn't; it floats around using ocean currents.
4. What does Ng tell Y.T. to do with the vial when she has it?
(a) To return it quickly to him
(b) To open it and inhale deeply
(c) Throw it in the air
(d) Put it in the briefcase
5. Where did the armless avatar go?
(a) Express port 127
(b) Express port 248
(c) To the zoo
(d) To a Lakers game
6. What is the Deliverators real name?
(a) Hiro Protagonist
(b) Cosa Nostra
(d) Windsor Mews
7. What is Hiro offered before going into the Black Sun?
(a) Bottle of whiskey.
(b) Extra credits.
(c) A hit of the drug called Snow Crash
(d) Tickets to a concert.
8. Who is Fido really?
(a) A cult follower of Asherah
(b) An alien
(c) NG Security Industries Semi-Autonomous Guard Unit B-782
(d) An adorable puppy
9. How did Lagos view the Bible?
(a) As a source of accurate data
(b) As a benign virus
(c) As a theological scam
(d) As a great work of literary genius
10. About what new gang does Y.T. hear?
(a) The Parkers
(b) The Griffiths Park Boys
(c) The Falabalas
(d) The Doctors
11. What vehicle does Y.T. take?
(a) A minivan
(b) A bus
(c) A BMW
(d) An unattended taxi
12. What does Y.T. fling at the computer screen?
(a) An award her mother had won
(b) A picture of her as a baby
(c) An award that Y.T. had gotten as a kid
(d) A picture of her father
13. Where can the avatars not pass through each other?
(a) In The Black Sun
(b) On main street
(c) When they don't have enough credits.
(d) When they are married.
14. At first glance, the Deliverator appears to be more like what?
(a) Deliverator looks more like an elementary school teacher.
(b) Deliverator appears to be slow witted.
(c) Deliverator looks like a salesman.
(d) Part of a paramilitary organization instead of pizza delivery.
15. What quadrant do Hiro and Da5id go to check out?
(a) The Rock Star Quadrant
(b) The Snow Crash Quadrant
(c) The Bouncer Quadrant
(d) The Black and White Quadrant
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does the center of the Raft consist?
2. To what are the standard assembly line workers vulnerable?
3. What important job does Y.T. accomplish in time for the Mafia?
4. Who does Juanita want Hiro to meet?
5. Who tells Hiro that his brain is vulnerable to nam-shub?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)