|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While spending time with Shimamura after they have discussed her diary-keeping, what does Komako seem to be feeling doubtful of?
(a) Whether she should continue working as a geisha.
(b) Whether her reputation is being damaged.
(c) Whether it is smart to be with Shimamura.
(d) Whether she should stay in the resort town.
2. Who or what appears on Komako's list the most?
3. After visiting Komako's room, who does Shimamura meet on his way home?
(a) A blind masseuse.
(b) A Russian peddler.
(c) A geisha.
(d) A housewife.
4. What kind of geisha does Shimamura request?
(a) One who dances beautifully.
(b) One who is talented musically.
(c) An experienced one.
(d) A young and good-looking one.
5. In reference to the night they spent together, what does Shimamura assure Komako of?
(a) That he told nobody about it.
(b) That he doesn't believe Komako loves him.
(c) That he was not laughing at her.
(d) That he remembers it fondly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Komako bite her arm?
2. Before she stumbles into Shimamura's room, who has Komako spent the evening with?
3. What relationship does Shimamura want with Komako?
4. When Shimamura comes back to the resort town for a second time, how many days does Komako say it has been since she and Shimamura were last together?
5. Who does Komako says is entitled to decided when a geisha is dismissed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Komako cataloged since she was a teenager?
2. While sitting on the train on his way to the resort town, what does Shimamura discreetly look at?
3. What do his mountain trips mean to Shimamura?
4. How does Komako express her liking of Shimamura when she visits his room at the inn on his second visit to the resort town?
5. Who does Shimamura meet on his way home from Komako's room, and what impressed him about this person?
6. What effect does the weather have on Komako's visit Shimamura's room during his first visit to the resort town?
7. What does Shimamura notice about Yoko's care of her sick companion?
8. What is Komako's condition when she shows up at Shimamura's room in the middle of the night on his first visit to the resort town?
9. What opinions does Shimamura express about Komako's catalog?
10. What hobby interest does Shimamura have?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)