Short Answer Key
Part One, Pages 1 - 28
1. What country is "Snow Country" set in?
2. What mode of transportation is Shimamura using to get to the resort town?
3. Where is Shimamura headed on his journey?
A resort town.
4. What does Shimamura hear, which he says 'rings out clearly'?
A woman's voice.
5. Who is Yoko accompanied by?
A sick man.
6. What does Yukio's mother do for a living?
Yukio's mother is a music teacher.
7. What does Shimamura believe is the relationship between Yoko and Yukio?
Husband and wife.
8. What does Shimamura pretend to look at during his trip to the resort town?
9. What does Shimamura actually look at during his trip to the resort town?
Yoko's reflection in the window.
10. What does Komako do for a living?
Komako is a geisha.
11. What does Shimamura say...
This section contains 2,567 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)