|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Pages 139 - 172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saw Komako off when she left for geisha training?
(a) Only Yoko.
(b) Only Yukio.
(c) Only the music teacher.
2. What is necessary to the manufacture of Chijimi?
(b) Quality clay.
(c) Silk worms.
(d) Cold weather.
3. How does Shimamura describe Komako's cataloging?
(a) As an adorable endeavor.
(b) As a dull pastime.
(c) As a sensible practice.
(d) As wasted efforts.
4. What is Komako's complaint when she calls to Shimamura from the hallway?
(a) She is lost.
(b) She is cold.
(c) She hurt herself.
(d) She cannot see.
5. How does Shimamura admit he acted toward the young geisha?
(b) Not very nicely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Komako question Shimamura's sexual advances?
2. What does Shimamura's wife say he should take care of in her warning about the season?
3. Who does Shimamura notice Komako doesn't mention when she talks about Yukio?
4. At the end of the novel, what flows down inside Shimamura "with a roar"?
5. What does Komako apparently stop trying to do when staying at Shimamura's?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)