|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 38 - 65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While spending time with Shimamura after they have discussed her diary-keeping, what does Komako seem to be feeling doubtful of?
(a) Whether it is smart to be with Shimamura.
(b) Whether she should continue working as a geisha.
(c) Whether she should stay in the resort town.
(d) Whether her reputation is being damaged.
2. How does Komako feel reading some of the things she has written in her diary?
3. Who is Shimamura told has a girl living with her that may serve him instead of a geisha?
(a) A local shopkeeper.
(b) The town mayor.
(c) The Innkeeper.
(d) The town music teacher.
4. What disease does Yukio, the music teacher's son, suffer from?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Spanish Influenza.
(d) Intestinal tuberculosis.
5. What does Shimamura say he let himself believe about the young geisha?
(a) That they would all be like Komako.
(b) That they would be approving of him.
(c) That they are better than other women.
(d) That they hate their jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shimamura pretend to look at during his trip to the resort town?
2. Who does Shimamura ask to hire a geisha for him?
3. What does Shimamura hear, which he says 'rings out clearly'?
4. When he feels cold, what does Shimamura decide to do?
5. Why does Komako blame Shimamura for sleeping with her?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)