|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 38 - 65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shimamura note that he didn't do while he was away from the resort town?
(a) Tell his wife about Komako.
(b) Telephone Komako.
(c) Think about Komako.
(d) Write to Komako.
2. What does Komako make a list of?
(a) Animals she likes.
(b) Men she likes.
(c) Places she likes.
(d) Books she likes.
3. What does Shimamura suddenly find himself enchanted by as he leaves to collect his money?
(a) A quick flowing river.
(b) A beautiful geisha.
(c) The leaves on the mountain.
(d) The smell of the hot springs.
4. Who does Shimamura ask to hire a geisha for him?
(a) The innkeeper.
(b) A maid.
(d) A restaurant owner.
5. What does Shimamura pretend to look at during his trip to the resort town?
(a) A poster.
(b) The scenery.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) His feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Komako do for a living?
2. How old is Yukio?
3. How does Shimamura admit he acted toward the young geisha?
4. Why does Komako have to leave Shimamura's room before daylight?
5. The day after Shimamura and Komako sleep together, where does Shimamura depart for?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)