|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 28 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Komako bite her arm?
(a) Because Komako's body has gone limp.
(b) Because Komako wants to make it look like someone attacked her.
(c) Because Komako is trying to be funny.
(d) Because Komako wants to scare Shimamura.
2. How much snow is it said could possibly accumulate when Shimamura arrives in snow country?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Twelve feet or more.
(c) Fifteen feet.
(d) Twenty feet.
3. What do Shimamura and Komako talk about?
(a) The hot springs.
(b) The mountains.
(d) The train.
4. What does Shimamura say he often loses with himself?
5. In the spring, how long had Shimamura spent in the mountains?
(a) One month.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Shimamura about the unlicensed geisha, Komako?
2. Who does Shimamura think Komako would be a good companion for?
3. Why is Shimamura told that there are no geishas available?
4. Why does Komako have to leave Shimamura's room before daylight?
5. What is Shimamura's first impression of Komako?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)