|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 28 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much snow is it said could possibly accumulate when Shimamura arrives in snow country?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Twenty feet.
(c) Fifteen feet.
(d) Twelve feet or more.
2. After they sleep together, what does Komako believe Shimamura is laughing at?
(a) The radio.
(b) His wife.
3. What is Shimamura's first impression of Komako?
(a) Of beauty.
(b) Of cleanliness.
(c) Of confidence.
(d) Of ignorance.
4. What does Shimamura pretend to look at during his trip to the resort town?
(a) His feet.
(b) The scenery.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A poster.
5. Who tells Shimamura about the unlicensed geisha, Komako?
(a) A patron of a bar.
(b) A maid.
(c) A bather at the hot springs.
(d) A geisha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like outside on the night of Komako's visit to Shimamura's room?
2. Why does Komako blame Shimamura for sleeping with her?
3. How does Shimamura admit he acted toward the young geisha?
4. What kind of geisha does Shimamura request?
5. Why does Komako question Shimamura's sexual advances?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)