|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 28 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shimamura admit he acted toward the young geisha?
(d) Not very nicely.
2. What does Shimamura say he often loses with himself?
3. What does Komako do for a living?
(a) Komako is a weaver.
(b) Komako is a geisha.
(c) Komako is a teacher.
(d) Komako is a writer.
4. What form of dance does Shimamura find interesting?
(a) Chinese dances.
(b) Western dances.
(c) Japanese traditional dance.
(d) African tribal dance.
5. Who is Shimamura told has a girl living with her that may serve him instead of a geisha?
(a) The Innkeeper.
(b) The town music teacher.
(c) A local shopkeeper.
(d) The town mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much snow is it said could possibly accumulate when Shimamura arrives in snow country?
2. How are Komako's skills described to Shimamura?
3. After they sleep together, what does Komako believe Shimamura is laughing at?
4. In Shimamura's room at night, what does Komako claim is ailing her before stating that she must go home?
5. What did Shimamura say one look at the young geisha did?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)