|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 28 - 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Komako bite her arm?
(a) Because Komako's body has gone limp.
(b) Because Komako wants to scare Shimamura.
(c) Because Komako wants to make it look like someone attacked her.
(d) Because Komako is trying to be funny.
2. What form of dance does Shimamura find interesting?
(a) Western dances.
(b) Japanese traditional dance.
(c) African tribal dance.
(d) Chinese dances.
3. How does Komako feel about leaving Shimamura's room?
4. What mode of transportation is Shimamura using to get to the resort town?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A train.
(d) A ship.
5. Who does Shimamura think Komako would be a good companion for?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) He himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Yoko accompanied by?
2. Before she stumbles into Shimamura's room, who has Komako spent the evening with?
3. Who does Shimamura ask to hire a geisha for him?
4. What does Shimamura say left him at the sight of the young geisha?
5. What does Shimamura say seems to be pulling him back to Komako from afar?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)