|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 65 - 87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shimamura think Komako would be a good companion for?
(a) His daughter.
(b) He himself.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
2. What did Shimamura say one look at the young geisha did?
(a) Melts his desire for a woman.
(b) Stops his heart.
(c) Reminds him of his wife.
(d) Makes him feel guilty.
3. What does Shimamura say seems to be pulling him back to Komako from afar?
(a) His subconscious.
(b) The thread of fate.
(c) His heart.
(d) The forefinger of his left hand.
4. Why does Komako decline Shimamura's invitation to take a bath?
(a) Komako is angry with Shimamura.
(b) Komako had already taken a bath.
(c) Komako fears that she will catch a cold.
(d) Komako fears that someone might see her.
5. What does Komako tell Shimamura had worried her for a time?
(a) That she was pregnant.
(b) That she was losing her mind.
(c) That her mother hated her.
(d) That she would have to leave the resort town.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the mornings she is at Shimamura's, what does Komako sometimes do?
2. What is the weather like outside on the night of Komako's visit to Shimamura's room?
3. In Part One, what does Shimamura discover one morning when he awakes?
4. How much snow is expected when Shimamura arrives in snow country?
5. When he feels cold, what does Shimamura decide to do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)