|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Pages 65 - 87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Komako says is entitled to decided when a geisha is dismissed?
(a) The geisha's guardian.
(b) The geisha.
(c) The guest.
(d) The innkeeper.
2. What does Komako do for a living?
(a) Komako is a weaver.
(b) Komako is a writer.
(c) Komako is a teacher.
(d) Komako is a geisha.
3. What disease does Yukio, the music teacher's son, suffer from?
(a) Intestinal tuberculosis.
(b) Small pox.
(c) Spanish Influenza.
4. Who is on the train with Shimamura when he leaves to go back to Tokyo at the end of Part One?
(a) An elderly woman carrying parcels of food.
(b) A middle-aged man and a young woman.
(c) A mother and her children.
(d) A young man in a western-style suit.
5. Who thought it was a good idea for Yukio and Komako to marry?
(a) Komako's mother.
(b) Yukio's mother.
(c) Komako herself.
(d) Yukio himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Shimamura and Komako talk about?
2. Who or what appears on Komako's list the most?
3. In reference to the night they spent together, what does Shimamura assure Komako of?
4. What kind of geisha does Shimamura request?
5. Who saw Komako off when she left for geisha training?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)