Part One, Pages 1 - 28
1. What country is "Snow Country" set in?
2. What mode of transportation is Shimamura using to get to the resort town?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A train.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A ship.
3. Where is Shimamura headed on his journey?
(a) A fishing village.
(b) His home town.
(c) A resort town.
(d) A military base.
4. What does Shimamura hear, which he says 'rings out clearly'?
(a) An alarm.
(b) A woman's voice.
(c) A church bell.
(d) A singing bird.
5. Who is Yoko accompanied by?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A sick man.
(c) A child.
(d) A relative.
6. What does Yukio's mother do for a living?
(a) Yukio's mother is a fisherman.
(b) Yukio's mother is a music teacher.
(c) Yukio's mother is a farmer.
(d) Yukio's mother is a doctor.
7. What does Shimamura believe is the relationship between Yoko and Yukio?
(a) Employer and employee.
(b) Brother and sister.
(d) Husband and wife.
This section contains 4,619 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)