|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Evan Pentelow describe the accommodations after Link's rescue?
2. What is Katya wearing when she arrives at Roderick Hodge's apartment?
3. What sort of flowers greet Evan Pentelow, Conrad, and Link at the gate of Kruger Park?
4. What is the giraffe's feature that Link takes special notice of?
5. What profession does Link think it is unfair that black Africans cannot be a part of in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Conrad and Evan Pentelow take Link after his ordeal in the car and why?
2. Why does Roderick Hodge try to bounce Melanie back into seduction mode after her political spiel and what do Melanie's instincts tell her to do?
3. What does Link see in the rear view mirror when he is trapped in the car and what does this mean?
4. How does Haagner try to comply with Evan Pentelow's demands and what does Link think of the situation?
5. Why does Link think Roderick Hodge is trying too hard to look youthful?
6. Describe the conflict arises between Evan Pentelow and Haagner.
7. What is the first objective observation Link makes when he finds himself trapped in the car?
8. How does Link's fear manifest when he is hit over the head in the gold mine?
9. What does Conrad reveal about Evan Pentelow's involvement in finding Link?
10. What are Evan Pentelow's beliefs concerning the value of gold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the mining process at Rojedda Reef. What is reef? How is blasting used? What are some of the processes involved in separating out the gold? What are some of the by-products of gold production? How much rock has to be processed at Rojedda Reef to produce an ounce of gold?
Essay Topic 2
What is Link's relationship with his wife, Charlie, like? What event served as a turning point to strengthen their relationship? How does it strengthen their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Link's onscreen hero status with his heroism in saving Katya. How does he become the larger-than-life man off screen that he is onscreen? What does he have to do to save her life? What does Conrad say about what he does to save her life? How does this define him as a hero?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)