|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Link think will be a sort of peace for him when he is trapped in the car?
2. Where is Danilo staying South Africa?
3. How does Melanie describe schooling for black Africans?
4. What container is used to melt gold into white heat to remove impurities?
5. What profession does Link think it is unfair that black Africans cannot be a part of in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Conrad and Evan Pentelow are loading up the station wagon for Kruger Park and how does Link help?
2. Describe the light packs the party uses to go into the mine.
3. How does Haagner try to comply with Evan Pentelow's demands and what does Link think of the situation?
4. How has Nerissa's good will actually caused Danilo to try to murder Link?
5. What is the difference, according to Pieter Losenwoldt, between the way gold is extracted in South Africa and how it is extracted in California and Alaska.
6. Who does Link think will eventually come to help him when he is trapped in the car and why?
7. Why does Roderick Hodge try to bounce Melanie back into seduction mode after her political spiel and what do Melanie's instincts tell her to do?
8. How does Melanie try to seduce Link?
9. What are Evan Pentelow's beliefs concerning the value of gold?
10. How had Conrad and Evan Pentelow discovered that Link was actually missing and what had they initially thought about his absence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Evan prepare for the shoot at Kruger Park? What does he bring with him and Conrad? What information has he prepared himself with? How does he interact with the guide, Haagner?
Essay Topic 2
What is Link's relationship with his wife, Charlie, like? What event served as a turning point to strengthen their relationship? How does it strengthen their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the mining process at Rojedda Reef. What is reef? How is blasting used? What are some of the processes involved in separating out the gold? What are some of the by-products of gold production? How much rock has to be processed at Rojedda Reef to produce an ounce of gold?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)