|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of horse is Tables Turned?
2. When he was twenty-two, what did Link live on as he was taking acting classes?
3. What is the name of the race track where Link goes to investigate Nerissa's horses?
4. How does Link initially characterize Katya when she approaches accompanied by Roderick Hodge?
5. What language does the guide assigned to Link when he goes riding speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two undetectable ways the horses could be tampered with in their racing?
2. How is Link dressed for his scene in the car?
3. What realization changed Link's dreams and determined his future career?
4. How does Sally feel about discovering that Danilo is somewhat related to her family?
5. How does Conrad sum up Drix Goddart's personality?
6. What is Summerveld and why does Greville Arknold use it?
7. Why does Link think that the South African horses have upright fetlocks and how does this affect his ability to judge Chink's stride?
8. How does Link react to the personal appearances that Clifford Wenkins and Worldic have booked for him?
9. Describe how Link and Charlie say hello and goodbye to each other and why this is significant in their relationship.
10. What does Greville Arknold do when Link alludes to his possible culpability regarding Nerissa's horses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Link suspicious of Greville Arknold at the end of Chapter 4? What conclusion has he come to about Nerissa's horses based on the evidence given to him at the time? What tests have been run? How do the horses look to Link?
Essay Topic 2
How do Conrad and Evan Pentelow rescue Link? What makes them come looking for him? What did they initially think had happened to him? What evidence did they find that he had left the park? How had they felt about his leaving? What finally convinced them to come looking for him?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the gender roles of Charlie and the model, Melanie. Whose is more traditional? Why? How does Link react to each? In what way is Charlie treated like an equal by Link? In what way does Melanie put herself beneath Link? Why does she do this?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)