|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danilo fetch when he is flanked by two van Hurens?
2. What kind of car does Link drive?
3. What is the name of the Chairman of the Race Club Link meets at Germiston?
4. How does Link describe the van Hurens' house?
5. The steering wheel wheel is described as being as durable as _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Link think that the South African horses have upright fetlocks and how does this affect his ability to judge Chink's stride?
2. How does Link describe Newmarket race tracks?
3. What are Danilo's remarks regarding traffic in Johannesburg?
4. What is Link's impression of Roderick Hodge?
5. What realization changed Link's dreams and determined his future career?
6. How does Link describe Nerissa and how has she changed?
7. Why does Lucky believe that Link is angry at him?
8. How does Link react to the personal appearances that Clifford Wenkins and Worldic have booked for him?
9. What is the hotel like where the crew stays after the day's shooting and why?
10. What is a coaxial cable and who explains this to Link?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Conrad and Evan Pentelow rescue Link? What makes them come looking for him? What did they initially think had happened to him? What evidence did they find that he had left the park? How had they felt about his leaving? What finally convinced them to come looking for him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the mining process at Rojedda Reef. What is reef? How is blasting used? What are some of the processes involved in separating out the gold? What are some of the by-products of gold production? How much rock has to be processed at Rojedda Reef to produce an ounce of gold?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the gender roles of Charlie and the model, Melanie. Whose is more traditional? Why? How does Link react to each? In what way is Charlie treated like an equal by Link? In what way does Melanie put herself beneath Link? Why does she do this?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)