|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is raging in Link's throat as he tries to drink?
(a) A strep infection.
(c) Pain from being gagged.
2. What causes Link's primary discomfort in the car in Kruger park?
(a) His bladder.
(b) The heat.
(c) The fear of lions.
3. How far are the miners able to progress per shift?
(a) Eight feet.
(b) Twenty yards.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Six inches.
4. What frightens Link about Roderick Hodge's apartment?
(a) The windows.
(b) The closets.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The door.
5. What does Danilo flaunt in front of Link's face when he confronts him in the car?
(b) A phone.
(c) Potato chips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gate at Kruger Park is it possible to talk one's way out of without papers?
2. What condition is brought on by nightfall as Link is trapped in the car?
3. How does Link describe Melanie's eyes?
4. "Yebo" means "yes in _____.
5. With what does Link decide to bring Danilo down when he is trapped in the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Conrad and Evan Pentelow take Link after his ordeal in the car and why?
2. What does Conrad reveal about Evan Pentelow's involvement in finding Link?
3. What happens when Conrad and Evan Pentelow are loading up the station wagon for Kruger Park and how does Link help?
4. How has Nerissa's good will actually caused Danilo to try to murder Link?
5. Who does Link think will eventually come to help him when he is trapped in the car and why?
6. How does Link's fear manifest when he is hit over the head in the gold mine?
7. What are Evan Pentelow's beliefs concerning the value of gold?
8. What is the night like when Link returns to the rondavel after talking to Charlie and what does he think about?
9. What is the difference, according to Pieter Losenwoldt, between the way gold is extracted in South Africa and how it is extracted in California and Alaska.
10. How had Conrad and Evan Pentelow discovered that Link was actually missing and what had they initially thought about his absence?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)