|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Evan Pentelow, Conrad, and Link see a large family of elephants?
(a) In the Wemmer Pan.
(b) Near their bungalow.
(c) At the front gate.
(d) In the Mnondozi River.
2. What does Roderick Hodge insist the nature of his meeting with Link will be?
(d) Financially beneficial.
3. How long has Link been in the car when Evan Pentelow and Conrad rescue him?
(a) Over eighty hours.
(b) Over sixty hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Ten days.
4. What term does Evan Pentelow constantly use to describe his new film?
(a) Rite of passage.
5. How does Evan Pentelow say Link sounds when he talks after his ordeal in the car?
(a) A homesick bull.
(b) A crow with laryngitis.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A howling dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Link sees the gallon of water in the radiator of the car he is trapped in as being a _____.
2. Which camp in Kruger Park boasts executive status accommodations?
3. What is the layer of gold-bearing rock called?
4. What is the first animal Evan Pentelow sees when they get inside the gates at Kruger Park?
5. What condition is brought on by nightfall as Link is trapped in the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first objective observation Link makes when he finds himself trapped in the car?
2. How had Conrad and Evan Pentelow discovered that Link was actually missing and what had they initially thought about his absence?
3. What is the difference, according to Pieter Losenwoldt, between the way gold is extracted in South Africa and how it is extracted in California and Alaska.
4. Why can't Link escape from the handcuffs?
5. As Danilo is calculating how much the gold mine makes for the van Huren's, what does Quentin van Huren remind him about?
6. What does Nerissa leave to Charlie in her will and how does Charlie react to this?
7. What does Haagner say to warn the group about lions?
8. What does Link see in the rear view mirror when he is trapped in the car and what does this mean?
9. How does Conrad free Link from the handcuffs?
10. What does Link say to Roderick Hodge about his brush with death in the gold mine and how does he respond?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)