|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Evan Pentelow constantly use to describe his new film?
(a) Rite of passage.
2. Where do Evan Pentelow, Conrad, and Link see a large family of elephants?
(a) At the front gate.
(b) In the Mnondozi River.
(c) Near their bungalow.
(d) In the Wemmer Pan.
3. What does Sally want to drink instead when Link offers to order coffee for her?
(a) Cranberry juice.
(b) A cherry limeade.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Soda water.
4. What does Link feel is breaking in his body when he tries to move?
(a) His internal organs.
(b) His toes.
(c) His lumbar vertebrae.
(d) His large joints.
5. What does Link find in his pocket that he deems useless in his situation in the car?
(a) An address book.
(c) His passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Piano Nyembezi's job in the mine?
2. What gate at Kruger Park is it possible to talk one's way out of without papers?
3. What kind of car does Haagner drive in the bush?
4. What does Roderick Hodge insist the nature of his meeting with Link will be?
5. What material is used to blast the rock in Rojedda Reef?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the night like when Link returns to the rondavel after talking to Charlie and what does he think about?
2. How does Haagner try to comply with Evan Pentelow's demands and what does Link think of the situation?
3. What happens when Conrad and Evan Pentelow are loading up the station wagon for Kruger Park and how does Link help?
4. How does Melanie try to seduce Link?
5. Why can't Link escape from the handcuffs?
6. What are Evan Pentelow's beliefs concerning the value of gold?
7. What is the difference, according to Pieter Losenwoldt, between the way gold is extracted in South Africa and how it is extracted in California and Alaska.
8. What does Link see in the rear view mirror when he is trapped in the car and what does this mean?
9. Where do Conrad and Evan Pentelow take Link after his ordeal in the car and why?
10. As Danilo is calculating how much the gold mine makes for the van Huren's, what does Quentin van Huren remind him about?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)