|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roderick Hodge work?
(a) The Johannesburg bee.
(b) The Tazmanian Daily News.
(c) The Rand Daily Star.
(d) The Cape Town Rag.
2. What is the name of the film that Link stars in that his agent says is opening in Johannesburg?
(a) Dog Days in Paradise.
(b) Man in Car.
(d) Cliff Diver.
3. When does Nerissa think she will be dead by?
(a) Summer solstice.
4. What is the last name of both Nerissa and Danilo?
5. Where is the hotel located where the crew on the film at the beginning of the book staying?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's real name?
2. What is the name of the race track where Link goes to investigate Nerissa's horses?
3. Sally asks Link if he would have found it easier with a _____ [bridle] when they talk about his riding the horse in Spy Across Country.
4. What is the name of Link's daughter?
5. What does Link think naartjies look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie talks to Link about their encounter with Nerissa and why is this odd?
2. What clues does Link take home from Nerissa's house to help him with his case? Is this information easy to understand?
3. What does Quentin van Huren say when more people join the party to go into the gold mine?
4. What does Link reveal to the van Hurens about Nerissa's condition and how do they react?
5. How does Link describe Newmarket race tracks?
6. What does Link say to do when Charlie asks Nerissa what she told Danilo about her illness and her will before he came to South Africa?
7. How does Sally feel about discovering that Danilo is somewhat related to her family?
8. How does Link feel as he is driving home from the "Man in Car" shoot?
9. How does Rodrick Hodge react when his girlfriend is electrocuted?
10. How does Link explain his son Peter's dislike of his kissing women other than his mother on film?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)