|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Afrikaans word is the only one Link knows?
2. What does Evan Pentelow call his latest film?
(a) An epic.
(b) A social masterpiece.
(c) A thriller.
(d) An allegory.
3. Who is also in Johannesburg with Conrad?
(a) Stephen Childs.
(c) Evan Pentelow.
4. What is the name of Nerissa's sister?
5. What is the name of the South African monetary unit that Danilo uses to bet on the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. What intriguing feature does Danilo tell Link that Lake Wemmer Pan has?
2. What meal does Link prefer to do without?
3. When he was twenty-two, what did Link live on as he was taking acting classes?
4. Link thinks that Nerissa came from the blue-blooded end of the _____.
5. Where is Tables Turned running on the following Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two undetectable ways the horses could be tampered with in their racing?
2. What happens when Charlie talks to Link about their encounter with Nerissa and why is this odd?
3. What realization changed Link's dreams and determined his future career?
4. What is the hotel like where the crew stays after the day's shooting and why?
5. How does Link show his innate humility in regards to the story in the papers that touts his heroism in saving Katya's life?
6. What are Danilo's remarks regarding traffic in Johannesburg?
7. Why does Lucky believe that Link is angry at him?
8. How does Link perceive the ladies and gentlemen of the press when he arrives at Randfontein House?
9. What does Quentin van Huren say when more people join the party to go into the gold mine?
10. What does Greville Arknold do when Link alludes to his possible culpability regarding Nerissa's horses?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)