|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of both Nerissa and Danilo?
2. Who is also in Johannesburg with Conrad?
(a) Stephen Childs.
(d) Evan Pentelow.
3. What does Danilo say gets fished out of Lake Wemmer Pan?
(a) Coffee cans and swollen books.
(b) Dead carp and buzzard gizzards.
(c) Rotting corpses and headless torsos.
(d) Buckets and bridles.
4. Where does Link read the leading-sires tables on Nerissa's horses?
(a) The Dog and Pony.
(b) The Horse and Hound.
(c) The Weekly Canter.
(d) The Equine News.
5. What does the press think Link is missing out on by living in England?
(a) A tax haven.
(b) Warm weather.
(c) A travel hub.
(d) Hot dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie tells Link he looks _____ when he arrives at home after his film shoot.
2. What is the name of Nerissa's sister?
3. What type of sports car is Link filming in?
4. What is the brand name of binoculars that Link uses to watch the horses?
5. What does Link think is a stale topic for news in South Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Link tried to escape the sports car during the filming of "Man in Car"?
2. What does Link reveal to the van Hurens about Nerissa's condition and how do they react?
3. What is Summerveld and why does Greville Arknold use it?
4. How does Link explain his son Peter's dislike of his kissing women other than his mother on film?
5. What does Quentin van Huren say when more people join the party to go into the gold mine?
6. What realization changed Link's dreams and determined his future career?
7. What are Danilo's remarks regarding traffic in Johannesburg?
8. What are the differences Link sees between English and South African race horses and stable lads?
9. What are the two undetectable ways the horses could be tampered with in their racing?
10. How does Link react to the personal appearances that Clifford Wenkins and Worldic have booked for him?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)