|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nerissa's horse that Link sees getting ready for the fourth race?
2. How much does a gold brick weigh, according to Quentin van Huren?
(a) Fifty pounds.
(b) Three kilos.
(c) A ton.
(d) Seventy-two pounds.
3. What meal does Link prefer to do without?
4. What style of directing is Evan Pentelow known for?
5. What word does Link use to describe Greville Arknold's mouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie say that Chris wants to be when he grows up?
2. What is the name of Greville Arknold's jockey?
3. What is Charlie's real name?
4. What part of the sports car has to be engaged before it will start?
5. What is the name of the South African monetary unit that Danilo uses to bet on the race?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Link perceive the ladies and gentlemen of the press when he arrives at Randfontein House?
2. What does Link conclude about the condition of Nerissa's horses in Chapter 4?
3. What realization changed Link's dreams and determined his future career?
4. How much of a big deal is Worldic making of the premiere that Link is scheduled to attend and how does Link feel about it?
5. What happens when Charlie talks to Link about their encounter with Nerissa and why is this odd?
6. What is Link's impression of Roderick Hodge?
7. What does Quentin van Huren say when more people join the party to go into the gold mine?
8. How does Conrad sum up Drix Goddart's personality?
9. What is the hotel like where the crew stays after the day's shooting and why?
10. What are the differences Link sees between English and South African race horses and stable lads?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)