|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first animal Evan Pentelow sees when they get inside the gates at Kruger Park?
2. Link describes the outside air when he is trapped in the car as being as dry as _____.
(a) A sand storm.
(b) The Sahara.
(d) A bone.
3. What is on the windows that gives Link some relief when he is trapped in the hot car?
4. How does Link describe the giraffe that passes by his car?
(a) As a lady's purse.
(b) As a lanky nuisance.
(c) As a tree with ears.
(d) As a fawn skyscraper.
5. How far are the miners able to progress per shift?
(a) Eight feet.
(b) Six inches.
(c) Twenty yards.
(d) Two miles.
6. What container is used to melt gold into white heat to remove impurities?
(a) A barrel.
(b) A cauldron.
(c) A crucible.
(d) An urn.
7. What material is used to blast the rock in Rojedda Reef?
8. What does Evan Pentelow do to Link for the first time that shows a hint of friendship?
(a) He listens to his opinion.
(b) He cries.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He hugs him.
9. Where was Clifford Wenkins's body found?
(a) Kruger Park.
(b) Iguana Rock.
(c) The Wemmer Pan.
(d) Rojedda Reef.
10. What does Evan Pentelow hang on to that disturbs Pieter Losenwoldt?
(a) The railing.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) His tool belt.
(d) His overalls.
11. What does Link feel is breaking in his body when he tries to move?
(a) His toes.
(b) His internal organs.
(c) His large joints.
(d) His lumbar vertebrae.
12. What is the name of the mining town near Rojedda Reef?
(c) Simion Falls.
13. What metal are the drill tips made of?
(b) Aluminum alloy.
14. What sort of flowers greet Evan Pentelow, Conrad, and Link at the gate of Kruger Park?
15. What does Roderick Hodge insist the nature of his meeting with Link will be?
(b) Financially beneficial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Link describe his character's weeping in Man in Car?
2. What is the giraffe's feature that Link takes special notice of?
3. The music Roderick Hodge plays when Link arrives is less _____ than the music in London.
4. What does Link call Danilo as he thinks about him in the car in Kruger Park?
5. Who does Roderick Hodge say prompted him to set Link up for the paparazzi with Melanie?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)