|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Chairman of the Race Club Link meets at Germiston?
(a) van Huren.
2. How does Quentin van Huren characterize the gold mine?
(a) As the family business.
(b) As a tax haven.
(c) As a drain on family funds.
(d) As a longshot.
3. How has Katya heard that Link is in an interview?
(a) The chilliest of cold fish.
(b) Absentmindedly distracting.
(c) An incorrigible child.
(d) Deeply warm and caring.
4. Sally asks Link if he would have found it easier with a _____ [bridle] when they talk about his riding the horse in Spy Across Country.
5. What type of flower does Danilo say it will be too bad that Link will miss the blooming of?
(a) Desert daisies.
(d) Morning glories.
6. What is Katya trying to avoid when she takes the microphone from Link?
(a) Being overheard.
(b) Background noise.
(c) Shocking him.
(d) Getting hit in the head.
7. Where had the van Huren's four-year-old horse finished at the Dunlop Gold Cup a month earlier?
8. Charlie tells Link he looks _____ when he arrives at home after his film shoot.
9. What does Charlie say that Chris wants to be when he grows up?
(a) An actor.
(b) A dog catcher.
(c) An astronaut.
(d) A doctor.
10. What kind of car does Link drive when he leaves the movie set at the beginning of the book?
(a) A Lamborghini.
(b) A Cooper.
(c) An Austin Healey.
(d) A Mini-Moke.
11. When he was twenty-two, what did Link live on as he was taking acting classes?
(a) Government cheese.
(b) Baked beans.
(c) Soup kitchen fare.
(d) Back bacon.
12. What does Link call Conrad when he arrives at the press conference?
(a) A clod.
(b) A cameraman.
(c) A dolt.
(d) A production assistant.
13. When does Tables Turned "run out of puff" in his race?
(a) Two furlongs from home.
(b) On the first turn.
(c) At the start.
(d) At the finish line.
14. What is the subject of the film Evan Pentelow is shooting in South Africa?
15. How does Link initially characterize Katya when she approaches accompanied by Roderick Hodge?
(a) As a decorative female.
(b) As a nerd.
(c) As an incorrigible child.
(d) As a siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of their recent performances, Link thinks that Nerissa's horses, as a bequest, are no more than a _____.
2. What style of directing is Evan Pentelow known for?
3. Who was holding Link's daughter and dropped her, causing head trauma?
4. How many hours after leaving Heathrow does Link land at Jan Smuts International Airport?
5. What is the name of the guide assigned to Link when he goes riding?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)