|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Link is staying in South Africa?
(a) Lion's Gate.
(b) Summer Breeze.
(c) Coventry Gardens.
(d) Iguana Rock.
2. What is the name of the South African monetary unit that Danilo uses to bet on the race?
3. What do the press people pour into their coffee as the conference progresses?
(b) Beet sugar.
4. Who is playing the lead in the film Evan Pentelow is shooting in South Africa?
(a) Tristan Belleweather.
(b) Tartan Lonewolf.
(c) Drix Goddart.
(d) Sam Spelling.
5. What part of the sports car has to be engaged before it will start?
(a) The door locks.
(b) The brake.
(c) The seatbelts.
(d) The lights.
6. What is the name of the film Link is shooting at the beginning of the book?
(a) "Sahara Sun."
(b) "Daylight in the Congo."
(c) "Man in Car."
7. What is the first thing that Link suggests might be wrong with Nerissa's horses?
(a) A virus.
(c) Lack of sleep.
8. What is the brand name of binoculars that Link uses to watch the horses?
9. What language does the guide assigned to Link when he goes riding speak?
10. Where does Link read the leading-sires tables on Nerissa's horses?
(a) The Equine News.
(b) The Horse and Hound.
(c) The Dog and Pony.
(d) The Weekly Canter.
11. What type of sports car is Link filming in?
(a) A Special.
(b) An Astin-Martin.
(c) A Triumph.
(d) A Ferrari.
12. What does one of the papers that reports on Link's saving Katya call the situation?
(a) A call to arms.
(b) A scene from one of his movies.
(c) A tragedy.
(d) A publicity stunt.
13. Where does Link go where he sees the runners for the first race walking around?
(a) The horse trailers.
(b) The parade ring.
(c) The stables.
(d) The stands.
14. How many hours after leaving Heathrow does Link land at Jan Smuts International Airport?
15. Where is Tables Turned running on the following Saturday?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Link describe Danilo's teeth?
2. How does Link initially characterize Katya when she approaches accompanied by Roderick Hodge?
3. What is the name of the race track where Link goes to investigate Nerissa's horses?
4. What sort of accent does Greville Arknold have?
5. Charlie tells Link he looks _____ when he arrives at home after his film shoot.
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)