|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katya trying to avoid when she takes the microphone from Link?
(a) Background noise.
(b) Being overheard.
(c) Getting hit in the head.
(d) Shocking him.
2. What meal does Link prefer to do without?
3. What do the press people pour into their coffee as the conference progresses?
(b) Beet sugar.
4. What sort of handcuffs is Link using at the beginning of the book?
(a) Cheap props.
(b) Regulation British police.
(c) American army.
(d) Russian military police.
5. What is the name of the hotel where Link is staying in South Africa?
(a) Coventry Gardens.
(b) Summer Breeze.
(c) Iguana Rock.
(d) Lion's Gate.
6. What bill has Link forgotten to pay before he leaves for South Africa?
(a) The mortgage.
(b) The water bill.
(c) The electic bill.
(d) The telephone bill.
7. What is the name of the South African monetary unit that Danilo uses to bet on the race?
8. Who has Link decided needs to pay all of the expenses for his trip to South Africa?
(a) Link himself.
(b) His agent.
(d) The media.
9. What laws prohibit bringing South African horses to England?
(c) Breeder origin.
10. When does Nerissa think she will be dead by?
(d) Summer solstice.
11. Who was holding Link's daughter and dropped her, causing head trauma?
12. Where is Tables Turned running on the following Saturday?
13. Where is the film at the beginning of the book being shot?
(a) Southern Spain.
(b) The Sahara.
(c) Death Valley.
(d) Northern Egypt.
14. What is the subject of the film Evan Pentelow is shooting in South Africa?
15. What does Danilo say gets fished out of Lake Wemmer Pan?
(a) Rotting corpses and headless torsos.
(b) Dead carp and buzzard gizzards.
(c) Buckets and bridles.
(d) Coffee cans and swollen books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the guide assigned to Link when he goes riding?
2. Where does Roderick Hodge work?
3. Link meets Danilo for the first time as he is on his way over to the _____.
4. Charlie tells Link he looks _____ when he arrives at home after his film shoot.
5. What is the name of Greville Arknold's jockey?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)