|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the race track where Link goes to investigate Nerissa's horses?
(a) Churchill Downs.
2. What kind of car does Link drive?
(a) A Mini-Moke.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Special.
(d) A Mercedes.
3. What sort of accent does Greville Arknold have?
(a) High British.
4. How does Quentin van Huren characterize the gold mine?
(a) As a tax haven.
(b) As a longshot.
(c) As a drain on family funds.
(d) As the family business.
5. What bill has Link forgotten to pay before he leaves for South Africa?
(a) The telephone bill.
(b) The mortgage.
(c) The water bill.
(d) The electic bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Melanie describe schooling for black Africans?
2. What does the sound man, Joe, wear as a precaution against electric shock?
3. What does Danilo fetch when he is flanked by two van Hurens?
4. What is the brand name of binoculars that Link uses to watch the horses?
5. What is Katya wearing when she arrives at Roderick Hodge's apartment?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)