|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Chairman of the Race Club Link meets at Germiston?
(b) van Huren.
2. What is the place called where the miners take the reef from?
(a) The moat.
(b) The ore.
(c) The stope.
(d) The slope.
3. As a result of their recent performances, Link thinks that Nerissa's horses, as a bequest, are no more than a _____.
(a) Circus stable.
(b) Lump of lead.
(c) Tax write-off.
(d) Petting zoo.
4. What Afrikaans word is the only one Link knows?
5. What laws prohibit bringing South African horses to England?
(a) Breeder origin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Conrad's theory as to the cause of Katya's accident?
2. What causes miners to not be able to return to work for four hours after a blast?
3. What is the overriding component of Link's impression of Africa?
4. What do the press people pour into their coffee as the conference progresses?
5. What is the name of Nerissa's horse that Link sees getting ready for the fourth race?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)