|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lizabeth feel about her first ride on Matt's motorcycle?
2. Why does Lizabeth lose her balance in Chapter 3?
3. What kind of sandwich does Lizabeth offer Matt?
4. In what state does Lizabeth live?
5. What happens to Matt's business partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matt's reaction to Lizabeth's forwardness at the construction site in Chapter 1? What does she think his reaction means?
2. Matt's living room is nearly overtaken by a large, shiny, black Harley. Describe the symbolism of the Harley in this novel.
3. Why might the author have moved Matt and Lizabeth so quickly to a kissing scene?
4. What does Lizabeth's house symbolize in the novel?
5. What do you think was the purpose of including the fact that Lizabeth wanted to be a fairy when she grew up?
6. Lizabeth is faced with two opportunities to free herself from the normal constraints of her life when she finds herself in Matt's home. Describe one of these opportunities and how it represents freedom from those constraints.
7. In an effort to find out who the flasher is, Matt and Lizabeth devise a plan to expose him. What does their plan entail?
8. Matt and Lizabeth discuss the flasher and his MO after his second appearance. As they try to figure out who he is, they come up with a couple hypotheses. What do they surmise about the flasher during this discussion?
9. What possible purpose does the outrageous flasher character have in the storyline? What does he provide the opportunity for?
10. What does Lizabeth realize about the flasher after he races by her house and waves to her in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Matt's motorcycle is huge and shiny, and it terrifies Lizabeth. This item is heavy with symbolism. What does it represent and why?
Essay Topic 2
The flasher can be symbolic of many things. What do you think the flasher symbolizes and why?
Essay Topic 3
Many modern novels have a target audience -- women, children, men, students, etc. At which demographic do you think this novel is aimed? Why? Do you think that this genre in general is aimed at that particular audience? Why?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)