|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Matt falls in the back yard in Chapter 6?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) The dog jumps on top of him.
(d) Lizabeth starts laughing.
2. What is the name of the man who inappropriately gropes Lizabeth in her first days at the job site?
3. What job does Matt give to Lizabeth when he goes up on the roof?
(a) Holding his hat.
(b) Holding the ladder.
(c) Holding his toolbox.
(d) Holding his hand.
4. What does the intruder wear on his head?
(b) A paper bag.
(c) A jaunty cap.
(d) A beanie.
5. Who is the person who awakens Lizabeth in Chapter 3?
(c) A flasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Lizabeth's aunt hit with her car?
2. At what time does Lizabeth awaken after the dinner at which Jason spills his milk?
3. What gives Matt the indication that Lizabeth is cold when she is in his town house?
4. How many kids are in Matt's family?
5. What does Matt have tattooed on his forearm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What possible purpose does the outrageous flasher character have in the storyline? What does he provide the opportunity for?
2. Do you believe novels from this genre in general express a cavalier attitude toward premarital sex? How does "Smitten" fit into this genre in this respect?
3. Matt's living room is nearly overtaken by a large, shiny, black Harley. Describe the symbolism of the Harley in this novel.
4. What does Lizabeth realize about the flasher after he races by her house and waves to her in Chapter 4?
5. Matt is quickly becoming a close friend of the family, having already charmed Elsie and Lizabeth. What does Matt do to gain Jason and Billy's affections?
6. Choose one theme shown thus far in the novel and explain its importance to the story line.
7. What do you think was the purpose of including the fact that Lizabeth wanted to be a fairy when she grew up?
8. What does Lizabeth's house symbolize in the novel?
9. After a long conversation about the boundaries of their relationship, Lizabeth tells Matt that she is leaving him in charge. What is she leaving him in charge of and why?
10. Matt and Lizabeth discuss the flasher and his MO after his second appearance. As they try to figure out who he is, they come up with a couple hypotheses. What do they surmise about the flasher during this discussion?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)