|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose driveway does the intruder go into?
(b) Elmer Nielson's.
(c) Vinnie Mazerelli's.
(d) Elsie Hawkins'.
2. Matt tells Lizabeth that he will help her find what?
(a) The key.
(b) A new job.
(c) Her dog.
3. How old are Lizabeth's children?
(a) 8 and 10.
(b) 6, 10 and 12.
(c) 2, 3, 9 and 14.
(d) 3, 6 and 9
4. What kind of doughnut does Lizabeth eat in Chapter 4?
(a) Boston cream.
(c) Chocolate frosted.
5. What happens to Matt's business partner?
(a) He is in a car accident and is in traction in the hospital.
(b) He runs off to Mexico with Matt's wife.
(c) He falls off of his roof and breaks his leg.
(d) He falls off of his kid's skateboard and breaks his hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Lizabeth's aunt drive?
2. What does the dog do when Jason spills his milk?
3. Jason asks Lizabeth if she is going to get a _____________.
4. What is the condition of Matt's home when Lizabeth first enters?
5. Whom does Lizabeth's aunt hit with her car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you believe novels from this genre in general express a cavalier attitude toward premarital sex? How does "Smitten" fit into this genre in this respect?
2. Matt and Lizabeth discuss the flasher and his MO after his second appearance. As they try to figure out who he is, they come up with a couple hypotheses. What do they surmise about the flasher during this discussion?
3. When Lizabeth is awakened in the middle of the night by pebbles being thrown against her window, what does she imagine it to be?
4. What secret does Matt share with Lizabeth after their intimate moment in the bathroom they are restoring, and how does Lizabeth react to his revelation?
5. Choose one theme shown thus far in the novel and explain its importance to the story line.
6. During a particularly bad rainstorm, Matt convinces Lizabeth to dance like a fairy on a board positioned above a mud puddle. How does Lizabeth feel about this rain dance, and what does it symbolize to her?
7. Comic relief is almost necessary in such a tension-charged novel. Describe the scene at the dinner table in Chapter 3.
8. What happens when Lizabeth thinks she hears the flasher throwing stones against her window the morning after her first sighting of him?
9. Matt's living room is nearly overtaken by a large, shiny, black Harley. Describe the symbolism of the Harley in this novel.
10. The novel starts with Lizabeth looking for a job at a construction site. What do you think the draw of a job in the construction industry would be to a woman like Lizabeth?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)