|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Matt not want to tell Lizabeth the story behind the letter?
(a) He is afraid that it will scare her away.
(b) He thinks that it is none of her business.
(c) He doesn't want her to feel sorry for him.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
2. How does Lizabeth feel about her first ride on Matt's motorcycle?
3. What year is Lizabeth's aunt's car?
4. What happens to Lizabeth when she steps back to admire her work?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) She falls into an open stairwell.
(c) She trips over a pile of two-by-fours.
(d) She backs into Matt.
5. How many children does Lizabeth have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Matt's motorcycle concerns Lizabeth the most?
2. Matt tells Lizabeth to get back on the board and walk like what?
3. What reason does Lizabeth give for not wanting Matt to go up on her roof?
4. Whom does Lizabeth's aunt hit with her car?
5. At what time does Lizabeth awaken after the dinner at which Jason spills his milk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Matt and Lizabeth discuss the flasher and his MO after his second appearance. As they try to figure out who he is, they come up with a couple hypotheses. What do they surmise about the flasher during this discussion?
2. What is Matt's reaction to Lizabeth's forwardness at the construction site in Chapter 1? What does she think his reaction means?
3. The novel starts with Lizabeth looking for a job at a construction site. What do you think the draw of a job in the construction industry would be to a woman like Lizabeth?
4. During a particularly bad rainstorm, Matt convinces Lizabeth to dance like a fairy on a board positioned above a mud puddle. How does Lizabeth feel about this rain dance, and what does it symbolize to her?
5. Aunt Elsie is determined to stay up and see the "pervert." Is her (im)patience rewarded? How does she react to his appearance?
6. Elsie's first impression of Lizabeth's house when she drives up is that Lizabeth still doesn't let reality interfere with her imagination. What is meant by this statement?
7. What happens when Lizabeth thinks she hears the flasher throwing stones against her window the morning after her first sighting of him?
8. How does Lizabeth end up falling in wet cement at the construction site?
9. What possible purpose does the outrageous flasher character have in the storyline? What does he provide the opportunity for?
10. What appears to be Matt's motivation for hiring Lizabeth to do construction work? Is she good at it?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)