|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Lizabeth say Matt's home is?
(a) Wherever he chooses.
(b) With his parents.
(c) His town house.
(d) Her house.
2. What is the name of the neighbor whose house Lizabeth disparages in Chapter 7?
(a) Brad Mainer.
(b) Noogie Newsome.
(c) Vinnie Vincent.
(d) Tom Walason.
3. Why has the glass company come to Lizabeth's house?
(a) To repair a window.
(b) To build a small conservatory.
(c) To replace all of her windows.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Matt say about tattoos?
(a) They are awesome.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are dumb.
(d) They are cool.
5. Matt tells Billy that something destroyed the kitchen. What was it?
(a) A meteor.
(b) A sun flare.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A dinosaur.
6. What reasoning does Matt give for the fire trucks at Lizabeth's house?
(a) He burned the bacon.
(b) The firemen are friends of his visiting the kids in the neighborhood.
(c) There is a fire in the back yard.
(d) The neighbor overreacted.
7. What is the last thing that happens to Paul before he sends the boys home?
(a) He loses his bid for election.
(b) He stubs his toe on a parking block.
(c) He smashes his finger in a car door.
(d) He bangs his nose into a door.
8. What movie does Matt refuse to watch?
(a) "How Stella Got Her Groove Back."
(b) "Steel Magnolias."
(c) "Top Gun."
(d) "Terms of Endearment."
9. What is the name of the glass company that has come to Lizabeth's house?
(a) Martin's Glass.
(b) Blue Star Glass.
(c) Looking Glass.
(d) AAA Glass Company.
10. What is waiting at Lizabeth's house when she and Matt return from their run?
(a) The intruder.
(b) Elsie and the boys.
(d) The police.
11. What is the intruder's name?
12. What color is Lizabeth's car?
13. What does the dog do to Matt's shirt?
(a) Puts a hole in it.
(b) Runs away with it.
(c) Slobbers on it.
(d) Puts his muddy paws on it.
14. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 113 lbs.
(b) 7 lbs.
(c) 44 lbs.
(d) 25 lbs.
15. What awakens Lizabeth the morning after her argument with Matt?
(a) The alarm.
(b) Birds outside her window.
(c) The smell of breakfast cooking.
(d) The dog jumping in bed with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Matt never done that surprises Lizabeth?
2. Why does Emma Newsome have a waffle iron delivered to Lizabeth's house?
3. What is Officer Schmidt's nickname for Elsie?
4. What time does Lizabeth awaken after the morning after her argument with Matt?
5. From what condition did Matt's father suffer?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)