|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is waiting at Lizabeth's house when she and Matt return from their run?
(a) Elsie and the boys.
(b) The police.
(d) The intruder.
2. Lizabeth claims that she did Matt's laundry for what reason?
(a) She likes doing things for him.
(b) His clothes were a mess.
(c) She mistakenly put his clothes in with hers.
(d) She had nothing better to do.
3. What is Officer Schmidt's nickname for Elsie?
(a) Lady Luck.
(b) Cadillac Mama.
(c) Old Bag.
(d) Lead Foot.
4. What does Matt buy for Lizabeth that she says she can't accept?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A bed.
(c) A big-screen TV.
(d) A new car.
5. From what condition did Matt's father suffer?
(b) Black lung disease.
(c) Cocaine addiction.
6. What does Lizabeth do when she thinks that the entire neighborhood considers her to be a loose woman?
(a) Introduces Matt as her husband.
(b) Introduces Matt as her contractor.
(c) Ignores them.
(d) Smiles and enjoys the attention.
7. How does Lizabeth react to the mess in her kitchen?
(a) Walks out of the room silently.
(b) Sobs silently.
(c) Tells Matt how she wants it remodeled.
(d) Attacks Matt and screams at him.
8. Why has the glass company come to Lizabeth's house?
(a) To repair a window.
(b) None of the above.
(c) To build a small conservatory.
(d) To replace all of her windows.
9. What story does Matt tell the boys while they are waiting for Ferguson?
(a) About the time he was a boxer.
(b) About his life at college.
(c) About his mountain climbing trip.
(d) About his time in the Army.
10. What office is Lizabeth's ex-husband running for?
11. What did Matt do when he graduated from high school?
(a) Joined the Navy.
(b) Worked in a coal mine.
(c) Went to college.
(d) Got a job in a restaurant.
12. Lizabeth imagines Matt protecting her from what?
(d) The outside world.
13. What is Matt's nickname for Lizabeth?
14. What does Matt break in Chapter 8?
(a) Jason's bed.
(b) A promise.
(c) A lamp.
(d) His finger.
15. What time does Lizabeth awaken the morning after Matt's streaking episode?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(c) After ten.
(d) Eight o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hooper try to climb a ladder and sneak in his own window with a paper bag on his head?
2. What does Lizabeth wear to bed in Chapter 8?
3. What does Lizabeth call Matt when they return to the house after he runs out naked?
4. What time does Lizabeth awaken after the morning after her argument with Matt?
5. What happened to Matt's mother?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)