|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt ask Lizabeth to do when they are arguing in the dark in her kitchen?
(a) Make him breakfast.
(b) Kiss him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Marry him.
2. When did the inspection sticker on Lizabeth's car expire?
(a) Three years prior.
(b) Two years prior.
(c) One year prior.
(d) It hadn't.
3. Lizabeth claims that she did Matt's laundry for what reason?
(a) She mistakenly put his clothes in with hers.
(b) She had nothing better to do.
(c) His clothes were a mess.
(d) She likes doing things for him.
4. Why does Matt say he can't go home when he finds Lizabeth in the office?
(a) Lizabeth won't let him come home.
(b) He can't figure out where he lives.
(c) He has been evicted.
(d) His home has been flooded.
5. Who does Matt say tackled him when he ran out of the house naked?
(a) The intruder.
(b) Nosy neighbors.
(c) The Keystone Kops.
(d) The tree in the yard.
6. What does Lizabeth say that sunsets used to be?
7. What is the name of the neighbor whose house Lizabeth disparages in Chapter 7?
(a) Noogie Newsome.
(b) Vinnie Vincent.
(c) Brad Mainer.
(d) Tom Walason.
8. What does Lizabeth intend to do with the dog once he returns home?
(a) Keep him on a leash.
(b) Give him away.
(c) Keep him in the house at all times.
(d) Send him to obedience school.
9. What happens to the ham brought to the barbecue by a neighbor?
(a) The dog runs off with it.
(b) It is dropped on the ground, and the dog eats it.
(c) The cat jumps on the table and begins eating it.
(d) None of the above.
10. What time does Lizabeth awaken the morning after Matt's streaking episode?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) After ten.
(d) Seven o'clock.
11. Why does Lizabeth panic the morning after Matt's streaking episode?
(a) She knows it wasn't a dream.
(b) He isn't in bed next to her.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She can't find her dog.
12. What does Matt buy for Lizabeth that she says she can't accept?
(a) A big-screen TV.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A new car.
(d) A bed.
13. How long is the taxi ride in Chapter 8?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Thirty-five minutes.
(d) Six hours.
14. What does Lizabeth say the people in her neighborhood do as an intellectual pursuit?
(a) Attend block parties.
(b) Write editorials.
(c) Grow grass.
(d) Go to the opera.
15. What is the last thing that happens to Paul before he sends the boys home?
(a) He stubs his toe on a parking block.
(b) He bangs his nose into a door.
(c) He smashes his finger in a car door.
(d) He loses his bid for election.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lizabeth imagines Matt protecting her from what?
2. In Chapter 8, how does Lizabeth justify the decision she has made about her relationship with Matt?
3. What does Matt do with his motorcycle?
4. What is waiting at Lizabeth's house when she and Matt return from their run?
5. How many sisters does Matt have?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)