|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the inspection sticker on Lizabeth's car expire?
(a) It hadn't.
(b) One year prior.
(c) Two years prior.
(d) Three years prior.
2. Why does Emma Newsome have a waffle iron delivered to Lizabeth's house?
(a) She knew that something had happened to Lizabeth's kitchen.
(b) She was looking for an excuse to be invited over.
(c) She was a generous neighbor.
(d) It is a wedding gift.
3. Who does Matt say tackled him when he ran out of the house naked?
(a) The tree in the yard.
(b) The intruder.
(c) Nosy neighbors.
(d) The Keystone Kops.
4. Whom does Lizabeth recognize at the barbecue?
(a) The next door neighbor's cousin.
(b) Her intruder.
(c) Her ex-husband's girlfriend.
(d) Her son's soccer coach.
5. What does Matt break in Chapter 8?
(a) A promise.
(b) His finger.
(c) A lamp.
(d) Jason's bed.
6. Lizabeth tells Matt that something is wrong with the bed. What is it?
(a) She doesn't like the headboard.
(b) It is too big for one person.
(c) It is too high.
(d) The mattress is too hard.
7. How many sisters does Matt have?
8. What items does Matt bring from his house to Lizabeth's?
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) DVD player.
(d) Answering machine.
9. What time does Lizabeth awaken after the morning after her argument with Matt?
(a) 6 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 9 a.m.
10. What big news does Lizabeth give Matt while they sit in her car in the carriage house?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That he must move out.
(c) That she wants to marry him.
(d) That she has taken a new job.
11. What does Matt say that hurts Lizabeth's feelings while he is eating potato salad?
(a) "You are uncomfortably close."
(b) "Being married to you leaves a lot to be desired."
(c) "You don't have to freak out."
(d) "You don't know how to cook."
12. What does Matt come home with after leaving for a ride on the motorcycle with Billy?
(a) A sidecar for the motorcycle.
(b) Customized helmets for Lizabeth, Billy and Jason.
(c) A new car and a boat.
(d) A new pet.
13. What are Matt and the dog doing on the porch after the fiasco in the kitchen?
(a) Eating cookies.
(b) Gazing at the sunrise.
(c) Playing with a ball.
14. What does Lizabeth intend to do with the dog once he returns home?
(a) Give him away.
(b) Keep him in the house at all times.
(c) Keep him on a leash.
(d) Send him to obedience school.
15. Lizabeth and the intruder have a mutual acquaintance. Who is this person?
(a) Lizabeth's ex-husband, Paul.
(b) Mr. Hallahan.
(d) Emma Newsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting at Lizabeth's house when she and Matt return from their run?
2. What is the name of the neighbor whose house Lizabeth disparages in Chapter 7?
3. What did Matt do when he graduated from high school?
4. What does Lizabeth do when she thinks that the entire neighborhood considers her to be a loose woman?
5. What does Lizabeth say about the man Matt thinks is the intruder?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)