|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Matt have?
2. Where did the intruder get the idea to hang out in Lizabeth's back yard?
(a) From a movie.
(b) From his wife.
(c) From her ex-husband.
(d) From a romance novel.
3. What is the name of the neighbor whose house Lizabeth disparages in Chapter 7?
(a) Tom Walason.
(b) Noogie Newsome.
(c) Vinnie Vincent.
(d) Brad Mainer.
4. What does the dog do to Matt's shirt?
(a) Runs away with it.
(b) Slobbers on it.
(c) Puts his muddy paws on it.
(d) Puts a hole in it.
5. What are Matt and the dog doing on the porch after the fiasco in the kitchen?
(a) Gazing at the sunrise.
(c) Eating cookies.
(d) Playing with a ball.
6. What does Jason do at the pool that makes Paul angry?
(a) Plays Marco Polo.
(b) Pushes Paul in the pool.
(c) Brings a ball even though no toys are allowed.
(d) Jumps into the deep end when he can't swim.
7. Why has the glass company come to Lizabeth's house?
(a) To repair a window.
(b) None of the above.
(c) To build a small conservatory.
(d) To replace all of her windows.
8. What does Lizabeth say about the man Matt thinks is the intruder?
(a) That she couldn't possibly know if he is the intruder.
(b) That the man is the intruder.
(c) That the man waves like the intruder.
(d) That the man couldn't possibly be the intruder.
9. How many sisters does Matt have?
10. What happened to Matt's mother?
(a) She died when he was 7.
(b) She became a drug addict.
(c) She was admitted to a mental institution when he was 7.
(d) She left the family when he was 7.
11. Why does Lizabeth say Matt enjoys violence?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) He likes hockey.
(c) He likes boxing and wrestling.
(d) He keeps a cardboard box full of violent material.
12. What does Lizabeth do when she thinks that the entire neighborhood considers her to be a loose woman?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Introduces Matt as her husband.
(c) Introduces Matt as her contractor.
(d) Smiles and enjoys the attention.
13. What happens when Matt and Lizabeth ignore the intruder in the back yard?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He throws a shoe through the window.
(d) He begins yelling obscenities at them.
14. What does Matt say he doesn't want his son to have?
(a) A pierced ear.
(b) A sports car.
(c) A cat.
(d) A girlfriend.
15. What is the intruder's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what location does Lizabeth take Matt to confront the intruder?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Lizabeth say Matt's home is?
3. What color is Lizabeth's car?
4. Why does Matt refuse to watch the movie?
5. What does Matt say he is going to do with the rest of the money he had set aside?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)