|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing Lizabeth thinks is keeping her life from being perfect after she marries Matt?
(a) Her job.
(b) The house.
(c) The motorcycle.
(d) The dog.
2. In Chapter 7, where does Lizabeth say Matt's home is?
(a) Wherever he chooses.
(b) Her house.
(c) With his parents.
(d) His town house.
3. What does Lizabeth call Matt when they return to the house after he runs out naked?
(d) All of the answers are correct.
4. What reasoning does Matt give for the fire trucks at Lizabeth's house?
(a) There is a fire in the back yard.
(b) He burned the bacon.
(c) The neighbor overreacted.
(d) The firemen are friends of his visiting the kids in the neighborhood.
5. What does the dog do to Matt's shirt?
(a) Slobbers on it.
(b) Puts his muddy paws on it.
(c) Puts a hole in it.
(d) Runs away with it.
6. What does Lizabeth say about the man Matt thinks is the intruder?
(a) That she couldn't possibly know if he is the intruder.
(b) That the man couldn't possibly be the intruder.
(c) That the man is the intruder.
(d) That the man waves like the intruder.
7. How long is the taxi ride in Chapter 8?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) An hour and a half.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Twenty minutes.
8. Why does Paul want the boys to accompany him for the weekend?
(a) To improve his family image for his campaign.
(b) To introduce them to his girlfriend.
(c) To show them that he could be a good father.
(d) To see if he is interested in obtaining custody of them.
9. What does Matt say about tattoos?
(a) They are cool.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are awesome.
(d) They are dumb.
10. What is Matt's nickname for Lizabeth?
11. What did Matt do when he graduated from high school?
(a) Joined the Navy.
(b) Went to college.
(c) Worked in a coal mine.
(d) Got a job in a restaurant.
12. Why does Emma Newsome have a waffle iron delivered to Lizabeth's house?
(a) She was looking for an excuse to be invited over.
(b) She was a generous neighbor.
(c) It is a wedding gift.
(d) She knew that something had happened to Lizabeth's kitchen.
13. Why is Lizabeth shocked by Matt's appearance when he tells her he can't go home?
(a) He looks like himself but doesn't sound like himself.
(b) He looks like a CEO.
(c) He looks like he's been dragged through the mud.
(d) He looks exhausted and unhappy.
14. Why does Matt refuse to watch the movie?
(a) He thinks that it is a sissy movie.
(b) The lead actor annoys him.
(c) He thinks that it is unbelievable.
(d) There is no violence in it.
15. What happens to the ham brought to the barbecue by a neighbor?
(a) The dog runs off with it.
(b) It is dropped on the ground, and the dog eats it.
(c) The cat jumps on the table and begins eating it.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lizabeth say the people in her neighborhood do as an intellectual pursuit?
2. What does Lizabeth wear to bed in Chapter 8?
3. What does Matt ask Lizabeth to do when they are arguing in the dark in her kitchen?
4. What does Matt buy for Lizabeth that she says she can't accept?
5. What time does Lizabeth get to work in Chapter 7?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)