|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the trio stop the chase?
(a) They hit a tree.
(b) They reach the end of the road and can go no further.
(c) The intruder surrenders.
(d) A cop pulls up behind them.
2. What color is Lizabeth's aunt's car?
(b) Lemon yellow.
(d) Powder blue.
3. What kind of doughnut does Lizabeth eat in Chapter 4?
(b) Chocolate frosted.
(d) Boston cream.
4. What does Matt tell Lizabeth to do with the letter he refuses to open?
(a) Keep it.
(b) Tear it up.
(c) File it under the letter "U."
(d) Throw it away.
5. Elsie tells Lizabeth that she is good with what?
(a) A skillet.
(b) A tire iron.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sewing kit.
6. How old is Lizabeth?
7. In what state does Lizabeth live?
8. At what time does Lizabeth awaken after the dinner at which Jason spills his milk?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
9. What task does Matt ask Lizabeth to do?
(a) Run errands.
(b) His laundry.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Paint trim.
10. What does the intruder wear for clothing?
(a) A pair of swim trunks.
(b) Black shirt and pants.
(c) A business suit.
(d) Just a necktie.
11. What is the name of the man who inappropriately gropes Lizabeth in her first days at the job site?
12. What awakens Lizabeth after the dinner at which Jason spills his milk?
(a) Someone repeatedly honking the horn.
(b) Someone throwing pebbles at the window.
(c) It isn't specified in the text.
(d) A barking dog.
13. What about Matt's motorcycle concerns Lizabeth the most?
(a) It is a Harley, which she equates with biker gangs.
(b) It is fast.
(c) It is expensive.
(d) His love for the motorcycle means that he isn't the perfect role model for her kids.
14. What gives Matt the indication that Lizabeth is cold when she is in his town house?
(a) Her lips are purple.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) She is shivering.
(d) Her teeth are chattering.
15. What is Lizabeth's ex-husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose yard does Elsie drive across?
2. What does the dog do when Jason spills his milk?
3. What does Matt do in response to the intruder returning in Chapter 5?
4. What happens to Lizabeth when she steps back to admire her work?
5. Lizabeth tells Matt that she needs time to assert her independence. How much time does she tell him she needs?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)