1. Who does Smilla observe collapsing in grief when she vows not to let Isaiah down?
2. Where does Smilla first learn of Isaiah's death?
At her apartment.
3. Where is Isaiah's body found?
The White Palace.
4. What is the White Palace?
Smilla's apartment building.
5. Why is Smilla suspicious of the way police say Isaiah die?
Isaiah is afraid of heights.
6. What does Smilla believe Isaiah's footprints in the snow indicate when she sees them after his death?
That he jumps to escape harm.
This section contains 5,606 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)