1. Who does Smilla observe collapsing in grief when she vows not to let Isaiah down?
(d) Isaiah's grandmother.
2. Where does Smilla first learn of Isaiah's death?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At work.
(c) A television news report.
(d) In the newspaper.
3. Where is Isaiah's body found?
(a) The White Palace.
(b) On the road to town.
(c) The Institute of Arctic Medicine.
(d) By the pool.
4. What is the White Palace?
(a) A private corporate building.
(b) A museum.
(c) What the locals call the area of town where Isaiah lives.
(d) Smilla's apartment building.
5. Why is Smilla suspicious of the way police say Isaiah die?
(a) Isaiah has many allergies.
(b) Isaiah is very athletic.
(c) Isaiah is afraid of heights.
(d) Isaiah is an invalid.
6. What does Smilla believe Isaiah's footprints in the snow indicate when she sees them after his death?
(a) That he is barefoot.
(b) That he is already injured.
(c) That he is not alone.
(d) That he jumps to escape harm.
This section contains 5,606 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)