|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will think will remain unchanged for decades while thinking about being rejected for the dance?
2. When does Will choose to do the tournament anyway?
3. Who cancels the Monopoly party for the first time?
4. What play is Mi Su auditioning for?
5. Where does Will pout about being rejected for the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Will decide to stop coming to Mi Su's rehearsals?
2. What makes Will feel awkward around BT after the tournament?
3. How does Tabby get hurt?
4. How does the Monopoly Party get cancelled for the first time?
5. What does Will notice about Korbet when he asks him what he would do if Tabby wouldn't go to a dance with him?
6. What does Will do after the second performance of The Music Man, and how does it turn out?
7. What has Tabby been using Ozzie for?
8. What strange dream does Will have while Tabby is in the hospital?
9. Why does Will feel grateful to be in the universe he is in?
10. What does Will's father say when Will wants to withdraw from the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few key settings. What are these settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)