|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Will see that the flashes of light after the party were not what he originally thought?
2. What does Will always keep carefully hidden?
3. What gadget does BT's father let them try out?
4. What does someone spot while Will is looking for Tabby at the party?
5. Who is angry about Tabby finding her presents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about BT's recitation in class?
2. What is the most shocking thing to happen to Will at the party he attends with Tabby?
3. What does Jim teach Will at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mi su say she has never seen Will do?
5. What does Will wonder about his sister while in his favorite place in the house?
6. What is Black Viper, and how are we introduced to it?
7. What big event does Will miss at the party he has to take Tabby to?
8. What does Will confide in BT's father?
9. What does Will know in Mr. Sigfried's class that nobody else does?
10. Why does Will say having a sister is different than he expected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate to the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few key settings. What are these settings, and what are the main similarities and differences between them? How do these settings affect the outcome of the plot? Make sure to cite some examples from the book to support your ideas.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)