|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tabby receive the neighbor's Valentine's Day advances?
2. What did Will forget on Valentine's Day?
3. When will the next party be after the one Will and Tabby attend?
4. Where is Will's favorite place in his house?
5. Who sees Mi Su kissing someone at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is BT different in his treatment of his sister than Will is with his?
2. What does Will think about when he is alone on Dead Man's Hill?
3. What does Will say he has in common with Mi Su at the party?
4. What does Will do every week with his friends?
5. What does Will say in response to Mi Su's reaction to hearing the date of the next party?
6. What goes through Will's mind when he is helping Mi Su with something?
7. Why does Will feel that way he does when Mi Su goes away for vacation?
8. What sound haunts Will in his dreams?
9. What does Will get angry about during a Monopoly party?
10. What is Solipsism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of Will's most memorable dreams, and why are they so significant to this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)