Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does El Genius get into Armpit's room?
2. Who has been embezzling money from Kaira?
3. When does Kaira say she thinks of Armpit?
4. When does Detective Newburg call Armpit?
5. Who accompanies Kaira to the lobby?
Essay Topic 1
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Small Steps help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Small Steps? Why or why not?
3. Choose one specific incident in Small Steps to discuss and compare one of the characters' response to how you think you would respond.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in Small Steps? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in Small Steps, including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Small Steps and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Armpit and X-Ray. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Ginny and Kaira. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Small Steps help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the story line. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)