|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Om compare Vorbis to?
2. According to the author, what is the world full of?
3. What is Om drawing in the dirt?
4. How does the tortoise speak to Brutha?
5. What happens to the ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Om, Didactylos and Urn.
2. What happens when the eagle swoops down over the Place of Lamentation?
3. What does Om remember about his ascension to power?
4. What does Om realize as he is crawling his way up the stairs?
5. How does Brutha feel about traveling by boat?
6. Why does Brutha go to talk with Lu-Tze, and what does the man do to reassure him?
7. Describe what the philosophers are like.
8. What happens to gods according to Koomi?
9. Why is it so important for Om to find a philosopher?
10. Why is torture acceptable according to Brutha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in great detail the relationship between Om and Brutha. Why can Brutha hear him when others can't? How does he treat Om?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setup for battle. What did Brutha want to do in relation to the enemy? How did Om help? What was the final outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes in the Turtle Society from the beginning of the book to the arrival of Didactylos. What do they believe? How do they feel about Didactylos?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)