|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Om ask the ocean goddess to do?
2. Why is the slave complaining?
3. What do the monks in the Ramtop mountains do?
4. How did the eagle react to the people.
5. What did Vorbis do to the porpoises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between eagles and tortoises, according to the author?
2. Why is it so important for Om to find a philosopher?
3. What is happening to the drunk Fri'it?
4. What does Nhumrod do when he hears Om?
5. How are the Omnians treated in Ephebe?
6. What do the cloaked revolutionaries talk of doing?
7. Describe what the philosophers are like.
8. What happens when the eagle swoops down over the Place of Lamentation?
9. What happens to gods according to Koomi?
10. What do the Omnians think of their Tyrant, and how does he act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the changes in the Turtle Society from the beginning of the book to the arrival of Didactylos. What do they believe? How do they feel about Didactylos?
Essay Topic 2
Address the difference in the political structures of Omnia and Ephebe. Who has the greatest power, and how do they obtain their power? What position does the Tyrant have, and how did he get it? What position does Vorbis have, and how does he get it?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setup for battle. What did Brutha want to do in relation to the enemy? How did Om help? What was the final outcome?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)