|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Om prove to Brutha that he is a god?
2. What appears on the horizon on the fourth day?
3. What does Brutha excel in?
4. What does Brutha notice as Vorbis and the Tyrant are speaking to each other?
5. How does Brutha respond when he is asked to describe the anteroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to the drunk Fri'it?
2. What does the captain admit to Brutha when he sees compassion?
3. Who is Om?
4. What happens when the eagle swoops down over the Place of Lamentation?
5. How does Vorbis feel about Brutha's answers regarding faith?
6. Why does Brutha go to talk with Lu-Tze, and what does the man do to reassure him?
7. How are the Omnians treated in Ephebe?
8. What do the monks in the Ramtop mountains do?
9. How do Vorbis and Om get along?
10. What does Burtha doubt, and how does Om prove it to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What action does the Turtle Society take against Vorbis? What weaponry do they develop and what strategies do they have planned to overcome Vorbis' evil?
Essay Topic 2
As Om spends time among mortals, he begins to think, for the first time ever, of the concepts of fairness and justice. What makes him think of these, and what are his thoughts? Why did he never think of these in his powerful god state?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes in the Turtle Society from the beginning of the book to the arrival of Didactylos. What do they believe? How do they feel about Didactylos?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)