|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't the philosophers discuss the gods?
(a) They only believe in one true god and won't acknowledge others.
(b) They aren't worth talking about.
(c) They respect them so much that they don't want to mention the god's names.
(d) They are fearful of getting struck down from the heavens.
2. Who does Brutha bring to the garden to see the tortoise?
3. What does Vorbis call the Ephebians?
(a) Great hosts.
4. How do the sailors try to appease the ocean goddess?
(a) They hold a prayer service.
(b) They throw food into the water.
(c) They prostrate themselves on the deck.
(d) They want to throw Brutha overboard.
5. What do the monks in the Ramtop mountains do?
(a) Fast for months on end.
(b) Record history.
(c) Bake bread.
(d) Sing in concerts around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the world full of?
2. What happens after Brutha prays?
3. What did Fri'it have to walk alone?
4. What happens to the ocean?
5. How does Vorbis treat Om?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nhumrod do when he hears Om?
2. What happens when Brutha hears Om's cries for help?
3. Why is torture acceptable according to Brutha?
4. What does Om remember about his ascension to power?
5. What happens when the eagle swoops down over the Place of Lamentation?
6. How does Vorbis feel about Brutha's answers regarding faith?
7. What do the cloaked revolutionaries talk of doing?
8. What do the Omnians think of their Tyrant, and how does he act?
9. Why is the ocean goddess upset, and what does she do in retaliation?
10. Who is Vorbis, and how do others view him?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)