|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people think when the eagle landed on the statue of Om?
(a) It was a sign.
(b) It was trying to lead them to battle.
(c) It was hungry.
(d) It was trying to make peace with them.
2. Who are gathering beneath the Citadel?
(b) Cloaked revolutionaries.
3. Why is the slave complaining?
(a) His son was taken from him.
(b) His food rations were cut.
(c) He has been whipped.
(d) He only gets one day off and has to pay for his own transportation if he runs away.
4. Who saves Om when he is stuck upside-down?
5. What is unique about the philosopher who appears?
(a) He has a good idea.
(b) He recognizes Brutha.
(c) He is stark naked.
(d) He thinks he is a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the philosophers view faith?
2. What do the people beneath the Citadel want to do?
3. What did Brutha think of Vorbis?
4. How do the Ephebians feel about their Tyrant?
5. Brutha is surprised by Om's thinking because it is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutha react to the idea of demons?
2. Describe Didactylos and why Brutha was referred to him.
3. What does Om realize as he is crawling his way up the stairs?
4. Describe what the philosophers are like.
5. How does Vorbis feel about Brutha's answers regarding faith?
6. What do the cloaked revolutionaries talk of doing?
7. How do Vorbis and Om get along?
8. How are the Omnians treated in Ephebe?
9. Why is the ocean goddess upset, and what does she do in retaliation?
10. What does Om remember about his ascension to power?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)