|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes along every 200 years in Omnia?
(a) A new prophet.
(b) A new god.
(c) A tortoise of great proportions.
(d) An eagle that speaks.
2. What appears on the horizon on the fourth day?
(a) A brilliant moon.
(b) A glittering light.
(c) A group of tortoises.
(d) An eagle.
3. How does Brutha respond when he is asked to describe the anteroom?
(a) He is afraid to talk, thinking it's a trap.
(b) He describes it perfectly.
(c) He remembers some vague details.
(d) He can't remember.
4. What will a tortoise someday do according to the author?
(a) Rule the world.
(b) Move faster than a leopard.
(d) Walk upright.
5. How did the travelers make their journey?
(a) On foot.
(b) They flew.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By camel and horseback.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tyrant war Vorbis afraid of?
2. What will happen to the slave in four years?
3. Who are gathering beneath the Citadel?
4. According to the author, what is the world full of?
5. Why is it so hard for Om to ascend the staircase?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brutha feel about traveling by boat?
2. What is happening to the drunk Fri'it?
3. What happens when the eagle swoops down over the Place of Lamentation?
4. What does Burtha doubt, and how does Om prove it to him?
5. What does Om say happened to him?
6. What do the Omnians think of their Tyrant, and how does he act?
7. What does Nhumrod do when he hears Om?
8. What does the captain admit to Brutha when he sees compassion?
9. How do Vorbis and Om get along?
10. What does Om remember about his ascension to power?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)