|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the slave complaining?
(a) His son was taken from him.
(b) He only gets one day off and has to pay for his own transportation if he runs away.
(c) His food rations were cut.
(d) He has been whipped.
2. What does the Tyrant war Vorbis afraid of?
(a) They will have no food.
(b) If he won't sign, they will be raided.
(c) They will be struck by the wrath of the gods.
(d) They will be excommunicated from the city.
3. Where is Lu-Tze supposed to travel to?
(c) The Citadel.
(d) His mother's house.
4. What comes along every 200 years in Omnia?
(a) An eagle that speaks.
(b) A tortoise of great proportions.
(c) A new god.
(d) A new prophet.
5. What appears on the horizon on the fourth day?
(a) A brilliant moon.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A glittering light.
(d) A group of tortoises.
6. Who was Om's first believer?
(a) A gardner.
(b) A shepherd.
7. What is Sasho sentenced to?
(a) A slow death.
(c) Work time in the garden.
(d) A life in prison.
8. Who was the voice Brutha heard?
(c) The Great Om.
9. How does Brutha feel when they put a hood over his head?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He feels comforted.
(c) He is not afraid.
(d) It brings back bad memories.
10. How do the Ephebians feel about their Tyrant?
(a) They are perpetually dissatisfied.
(b) They think he is the greatest.
(c) They know he's weak, but they feel he will get better.
(d) They wish he could rule longer.
11. What will a tortoise someday do according to the author?
(a) Rule the world.
(b) Walk upright.
(d) Move faster than a leopard.
12. Why won't the philosophers discuss the gods?
(a) They only believe in one true god and won't acknowledge others.
(b) They respect them so much that they don't want to mention the god's names.
(c) They are fearful of getting struck down from the heavens.
(d) They aren't worth talking about.
13. What does Om ask the ocean goddess to do?
(a) Destroy the ship.
(b) Save the porpoise.
(c) Spare the ship.
(d) Bring some wind.
14. What is Brutha supposed to do in the place he is ordered to go?
(a) Fill himself with "dangerous" knowledge.
(b) Get secrets from the soldiers.
(d) Find real, unpoisoned food.
15. What procession did the people gather to see?
(a) The Cenobiarch was returning from the service.
(b) Vorbis was getting promoted.
(c) Brutha was getting promoted.
(d) The march of the eagles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Omnian Church do to Koomi?
2. Why is it so hard for Om to ascend the staircase?
3. Who came to visit Fri-it while he was trying to pray?
4. How does Om prove to Brutha that he is a god?
5. What does Discworld rest on?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)