|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fri'it have to walk alone?
(a) The road to Ephebe.
(b) The ribbon of life.
(c) The streets of the Citadel.
(d) The desert.
2. What did Brutha steal?
(a) Half rotten cabbage.
(c) A map.
3. What does the Tyrant war Vorbis afraid of?
(a) They will be excommunicated from the city.
(b) They will be struck by the wrath of the gods.
(c) They will have no food.
(d) If he won't sign, they will be raided.
4. Who saves Om when he is stuck upside-down?
5. What did Brutha think of Vorbis?
(a) He thought he was standoffish.
(b) He didn't understand him.
(c) He thought he was cruel.
(d) He thought he was nice.
6. How long will it take Li-Tze to get to his destination?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two days.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
7. How do the clergy regard Vorbis?
(a) They think he is weak.
(b) They hate him.
(c) They laugh at his attempts to gain power.
(d) With great respect.
8. Why does Om need a philosopher?
(a) He needs someone to think of a way to return him to a god.
(b) He needs to understand why they are on the journey.
(c) He needs to learn how to get rid of Vorbis.
(d) He needs to learn how to kill the eagle.
9. What does Sergeant Simony regret?
(a) The he can't kill Vorbis.
(b) That he has to leave home.
(c) That he has to fight.
(d) That he can't live longer.
10. Where does Vorbis order Brutha to go?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the library.
(c) To bed.
(d) To the tavern.
11. How does the tortoise prove he is a god?
(a) He summons a smal thunderbolt.
(b) He can't.
(c) He curses the monastery.
(d) He transforms himself.
12. How did the travelers make their journey?
(a) By camel and horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By carriage.
(d) They flew.
13. How did Om travel on the long journey?
(a) In Brutha's hands.
(b) In a wicker box on Brutha's shoulder.
(c) In Brutha's pocket.
(d) In a satchel tied to a camel.
14. How does Om disappoint Brutha?
(a) He doesn't remember Brutha.
(b) He is so small.
(c) He doesn't recognize the scripture of his own religion.
(d) He is mean.
15. What does Vorbis call the Ephebians?
(b) Great hosts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the slave complaining?
2. What does Discworld rest on?
3. What does Om remember?
4. Brutha is surprised by Om's thinking because it is what?
5. What will a tortoise someday do according to the author?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)