|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this essay about?
2. Why is Didion unable to record people's reactions?
(a) She falls ill
(b) She is overcome with grief
(c) She loses her pen
(d) She loses her notebook
3. What did the monster do in the movie?
(a) Eat the Whitehouse
(b) Destroy a house
(c) Eat a child
(d) Steal a child
4. Who does Didion think the area excludes?
(c) Normal people
(d) Ethnic minorities
5. What does Didion write about in this essay?
(c) Finding the right person
Short Answer Questions
1. What island does Didion visit in this essay?
2. What happens to people's temperaments just before the wind is about to blow?
3. When do Didion and her husband decide to go home?
4. Where is the first memorial Didion visits in Hawaii?
5. With whom does Didion celebrate her daughter's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Didion's upbringing in Sacramento.
2. Describe Alcatraz Island as depicted in this essay.
3. Summarize the book.
4. How do the scientists think the Santa Ana winds work to cause psychological changes?
5. Why does Didion think no one can truly define what is moral?
6. What does Didion think of the old Hollywood?
7. Why is Hawaii important to Didion?
8. Why is Didion finding Los Angeles depressing in this essay?
9. Describe the accident in the mountains.
10. How do the Los Angeles citizens know when the Santa Ana winds are about to blow?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)