|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Didion living in in this chapter?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(d) Los Angeles
2. What does Didion think about as she explores the island?
(a) Her daughter
(b) Her grandfather
(c) The history of the prisoners
(d) The rare birds
3. Where does Didion find a good job?
(a) On a newspaper
(b) In Walmart
(c) On a magazine
(d) In a shoe store
4. What does the wind increase the presence of in the atmosphere?
(a) Carbon monoxide
(b) Positive ions
(d) Negative ions
5. Whose birthday does Didion celebrate?
(a) Her best friend's
(b) Her editor's
(c) Her daughter's
(d) Her father's
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do surgeons refuse to operate during this time?
2. What job did Didion's great-great-grandfather do in Hawaii?
3. To what state does Didion decide to move?
4. Where did Didion grow up?
5. With what does Didion say Sacramento Valley's history started?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Los Angeles citizens know when the Santa Ana winds are about to blow?
2. What are Didion's thoughts about the island?
3. How does Didion feel when visiting Pearl Harbor?
4. What is the theme of this essay?
5. Why is Didion finding Los Angeles depressing in this essay?
6. What does Didion think of the old Hollywood?
7. Why is Hawaii important to Didion?
8. Describe the accident in the mountains.
9. In what way does Newport Beach disappoint Didion?
10. Describe Didion's upbringing in Sacramento.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)