|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the gold was discovered?
(a) Fights and murders
(b) A town was constructed
(c) A fort was built around the town
(d) Mass immigration to the area
2. What do Didion and her husband drive through to get there?
(b) Coastal roads
3. Why does Didion never tell her family about her struggles?
(a) She wants to cope on her own
(b) She does not want to worry them
(c) They can't even afford to eat
(d) She has lost their number
4. Where does Didion visit in this essay?
(c) New York
5. Where does Didion hear that an accident happened?
(a) In a slaughthouse
(b) In a supermarket
(c) The mountains
(d) In a nuclear reactor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this inccident define to Didion?
2. Where does Didion use her charge card in order to eat?
3. Of what old adage does the area remind Didion?
4. What does the wind increase the presence of in the atmosphere?
5. What does Didiion say increases in society when the winds are about to blow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the movie on which Didion bases this essay.
2. What are Didion's thoughts about the island?
3. What does Didion think of Newport Beach?
4. What is the theme of this essay?
5. Describe Didion's upbringing in Sacramento.
6. Describe the accident in the mountains.
7. Describe Didion's time in Guaymas.
8. Describe the history of Sacramento.
9. Why is Didion finding Los Angeles depressing in this essay?
10. How do the scientists think the Santa Ana winds work to cause psychological changes?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)