|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Didion visit in this essay?
(a) New York
2. Where is the first memorial Didion visits in Hawaii?
(b) The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific
(d) Pearl Harbor
3. In what type of accommodation do Didion and her husband stay?
(a) A cabin
(b) A hotel
(c) A motel
(d) A villa
4. Where does Didion use her charge card in order to eat?
(a) A newspaper store
(b) A supermarket
(c) A clothes store
(d) A department store
5. What has Didion been told to expect?
(a) The finest restaurants in the country
(b) Incredible architecture and eclectic homes
(c) Excesses of wealth
(d) State-of-the-art technology
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didion say the mother talks to about the kidnapping?
2. What does Didion write about in this essay?
3. Why do the parties become boring?
4. What does Didion find the island to be?
5. With what does Didion say Sacramento Valley's history started?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theme of this essay?
2. Why is Didion finding Los Angeles depressing in this essay?
3. How do the Los Angeles citizens know when the Santa Ana winds are about to blow?
4. Summarize the book.
5. In what way does Newport Beach disappoint Didion?
6. Why does Didion decide to move to Los Angeles?
7. Describe Didion's time in Guaymas.
8. What problems does Didion face when she and her husband visit her family?
9. What are Didion's thoughts about the island?
10. Describe the history of Sacramento.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)