|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Max have to go in a few days?
(c) The gym
(d) A demostration
2. What does Didion begin to wonder?
(a) How Hughes ever became famous
(b) Why people are curious about Hughes
(c) Why Hughes has boarded his windows
(d) Why Hughes is a recluse
3. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
(a) Happiness and success
(d) Love and family
4. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Where the Kissing Never Stops
(b) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
(c) Never Talk When You See a Red
(d) Reclusive in Hollywood
5. What was the name of John Wayne's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does this essay discuss?
2. What is the title of this essay?
3. Who does Didion have to speak to before she can interview Baez?
4. What is the name of this essay?
5. Where is the bookstore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucille Miller's life at the beginning of Part 1.
2. How do the hippies react when Michael almost burns down the house?
3. Why was Cork Miller unhappy?
4. Why did Joan Baez become a performer?
5. Why does Didion think it is important to work at self-respect?
6. What makes Michael a difficult interviewee?
7. Who is Michael Laski?
8. Why did Didion find the essay on the Center of Study of Democratic Institutions so difficult?
9. What is the Center of Study of Democratic Institutions?
10. How has Las Vegas turned marriage into a big business?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)