|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
(a) He was not a real person
(b) He was too strong
(c) He was a film star
(d) He was too young
2. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A country club
(b) A brothel
(c) A swingers club
(d) A night school
3. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
(a) Hubert Selby Jr.'s
(b) Her father's
(c) Henry Miller's
(d) Her own
4. Who is this essay about?
(a) Charles Bronson
(c) Dennis Wilson
(d) Michael Laski
5. Who does Didion try to speak to about the children?
(a) A priest
(b) A social worker
(c) A policeman
(d) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucille use to try and free her husband?
2. On what subject does Baez's school concentrate?
3. What did Hughes' generation expect men to keep?
4. What charity does Lucille chair?
5. What was the name of John Wayne's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Max live his life as a hippie?
2. Why is Didion unsuccessful in speaking to the Malakoff Diggers?
3. What does Didion think of Baez when she interviews her?
4. Why did Joan Baez become a performer?
5. What is Didion interested in learning about Michael?
6. What is Didion's opinion of John Wayne?
7. What inconsistencies did the police find with Lucille's story?
8. Why did Didion find the essay on the Center of Study of Democratic Institutions so difficult?
9. How did not being elected to Phi Beta Kappa in college affect Didion?
10. What were Didion's feelings when she met John Wayne for the first time?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)