|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one thing Baez liked about her job?
(a) Writing songs
(b) Going to parties
(c) Connecting with her audience
(d) Meeting celebrities
2. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
(b) His buddies
(c) His brothers
3. What did Cork originally want to do when he moved to San Bernardino?
(a) Go to medical school
(b) Go to art school
(c) Become a writer
(d) Open a record shop
4. Who does Wayne have dinner with at the end of the chapter?
(a) John Ford
(b) Joan Didion
(c) Sammy Davis Jr
(d) Dean Martin
5. What does Didion think a notebook is not for?
(a) To write novels
(b) To read at weddings
(c) To keep a factual record
(d) To share
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street the woman is walking down in this chapter?
2. Who does Didion watch Michael debrief?
3. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
4. Who does Didion overhear talking about Las Vegas weddings?
5. Didion believe her loss of innocence was the beginning of ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Didion's view on the center?
2. What reason does Didion give for the center's existence?
3. Why did Joan Baez become a performer?
4. What conclusion does Didion come to in the Howard Hughes essay?
5. What does Lucille tell the police happened on October 7, 1964?
6. Why is Joan Baez standing before the Monterey County Board of Supervisors?
7. What is Didion's opinion of John Wayne?
8. What is the Center of Study of Democratic Institutions?
9. How do the hippies react when Michael almost burns down the house?
10. Why was Cork Miller unhappy?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)