|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
2. Who is this essay about?
(a) Howard Hughes
(b) Humphrey Bogart
(c) Franklin Roosevelt
(d) Martin Scorcese
3. What did Lucille use to try and free her husband?
(a) A stick
(b) A plank of wood
(c) A metal rod
(d) A spade
4. What did Wayne promise to build his woman?
(a) A brick wall
(b) A white picket fence
(c) An outhouse
(d) A rocking chair
5. What is the title of this essay?
(b) Marrying a Gorilla
(c) Marrying Absurd
(d) False Vows
Short Answer Questions
1. Baez known as the voice of _____________________.
2. With whom is Didion initially told to speak?
3. What does the sixteen-year-old girl state about her own Las Vegas wedding?
4. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
5. What county board does Baez stand before in this essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did not being elected to Phi Beta Kappa in college affect Didion?
2. What conclusion does Didion come to about her habit of writing notes?
3. Why does Didion think it is important to work at self-respect?
4. What is Didion's opinion of John Wayne?
5. Why did the two runaways leave home?
6. What is Didion interested in learning about Michael?
7. Why did Didion find the essay on the Center of Study of Democratic Institutions so difficult?
8. What is Didion's view on the center?
9. How does Max live his life as a hippie?
10. Why does Didion think she wrote about the woman in a dirty wrapper?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)