|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do underage kids need to get married?
(a) A good lie
(c) A lot of make up
(d) Parents' permission
2. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Surfing in the USSR
(c) California Girls
(d) California Dreaming
3. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She has no teeth
(c) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt
(d) She has no fingers
4. How does Didion describe Baez?
(a) As a lady
(b) A testosterone-fuelled woman
5. How does Didion say she began to see herself?
(a) As still a child
(b) As an adult
(c) As a product of her parents
(d) The way others did
Short Answer Questions
1. What can a couple of kids do easily in Las Vegas?
2. What did Hughes' generation expect men to keep?
3. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
4. What do many people still take care doing even for a Las Vegas wedding?
5. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Didion's view on Las Vegas weddings?
2. What does Didion think of Baez when she interviews her?
3. What were Didion's feelings when she met John Wayne for the first time?
4. How does Baez act in court?
5. Why did Joan Baez become a performer?
6. What makes Michael a difficult interviewee?
7. Why is Joan Baez standing before the Monterey County Board of Supervisors?
8. What conclusion does Didion come to about her habit of writing notes?
9. How did John Wayne react to the problems on set?
10. Why was Cork Miller unhappy?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)