|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Didion states that the Donner party reverted to _______________________.
(b) Animal instincts
(c) The depths of human evil
(d) A primitive state of moral thought
2. Where does Didion plan to go and relax?
(c) Canary Islands
3. Why is Didion unable to record people's reactions?
(a) She is overcome with grief
(b) She loses her notebook
(c) She falls ill
(d) She loses her pen
4. In what type of accommodation do Didion and her husband stay?
(a) A cabin
(b) A villa
(c) A motel
(d) A hotel
5. What happens to people's temperaments just before the wind is about to blow?
(a) They become dark
(b) They become manic
(c) They become warmer
(d) They become funnier
6. Where was the gold discovered?
(a) Horace River
(b) Formby Farm
(c) Sutter's Ford
(d) Johann's Ford
7. About whom does the nighttime talk show host talk?
(a) Germaine Greer
(b) Helen Gurley Brown
(c) Brian Wilson
(d) Helen Keller
8. Who does Didion say the mother talks to about the kidnapping?
(a) Her father
(b) Her brother
(c) Her husband
(d) Her sister
9. What is Didion curious to see at the Pearl Harbor memorial?
(a) How people react to death
(b) How Hawaii makes money from the memorial
(c) Soldier's ages
(d) How the authorities perserve the memorial
10. Where did Didion grow up?
(c) New York City
(d) Sacramento Valley
11. Why do surgeons refuse to operate during this time?
(a) The electricity goes out
(b) Patients tend to bleed
(c) Anaesthetic does not work
(d) Patients go crazy
12. What does Didion find on the island?
(a) Peace and harmony
(c) The excesses of wealth
13. What does Didion think it is important for her daughter to have around her?
(a) Extended family
(c) Positive energy
14. What did the monster do in the movie?
(a) Destroy a house
(b) Eat the Whitehouse
(c) Eat a child
(d) Steal a child
15. What is the title of this essay?
(a) I Can't Get That Monster Out of My Mind
(b) Gods and Monsters
(c) I Come in Peace and You Go in Pieces
(d) Oh Yeah!
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the parties become boring?
2. Where is the first memorial Didion visits in Hawaii?
3. Who remained with the young's man's body?
4. Who does Didion think the area excludes?
5. What does Didion find the island to be?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)