|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Didion visit in this essay?
(b) Newport Beach
(d) Coney Island
2. Why do the parties become boring?
(a) They are held at the same places
(b) The same people are always there
(c) Her friends stop attending
(d) People don't move on
3. Where does Didion hear that an accident happened?
(a) The mountains
(b) In a supermarket
(c) In a nuclear reactor
(d) In a slaughthouse
4. What is this essay about?
5. Didion states that the Donner party reverted to _______________________.
(b) The depths of human evil
(c) A primitive state of moral thought
(d) Animal instincts
6. Didion's family refers to her husband as __________________.
(a) The penguin
(b) Sweat pit
(c) Joan's husband
(d) Mr. Irony
7. In what type of accommodation do Didion and her husband stay?
(a) A villa
(b) A motel
(c) A hotel
(d) A cabin
8. What island does Didion visit in this essay?
(d) The Virgin Islands
9. What does Didion write about in this essay?
(c) Finding the right person
10. Why did the monster steal the child?
(a) To eat it
(b) To mate with it
(c) To befriend it
(d) To brainwash it
11. To what state does Didion decide to move?
12. Who does Didion say the mother talks to about the kidnapping?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her brother
(c) Her father
(d) Her husband
13. Who does Didion think the area excludes?
(a) Ethnic minorities
(b) Normal people
14. What does Didion find on the island?
(b) Peace and harmony
(d) The excesses of wealth
15. What do Didion and her husband drive through to get there?
(c) Coastal roads
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Didion say Sacramento Valley's history started?
2. Where did Didion grow up?
3. What happened when the gold was discovered?
4. What does the mother tell her brother?
5. Where was the gold discovered?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)