|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Didion's great-great-grandfather do in Hawaii?
(c) Slave runner
2. Who does not like going to see Didion's family?
(a) Her daughter
(b) Her dog
(c) Her son
(d) Her husband
3. About whom does the nighttime talk show host talk?
(a) Brian Wilson
(b) Helen Keller
(c) Germaine Greer
(d) Helen Gurley Brown
4. What was the caretaker's job in the prison?
(a) A guard
(d) A cook
5. What city is Didion living in in this chapter?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
6. What does Didiion say increases in society when the winds are about to blow?
(b) Road rage
7. What does Didion feel trapped between when she visits her family?
(a) Her daughter and her son
(b) Her daughter and her husband
(c) Her daughter and her family
(d) Her husband and her family
8. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Gods and Monsters
(b) Oh Yeah!
(c) I Come in Peace and You Go in Pieces
(d) I Can't Get That Monster Out of My Mind
9. Why are no more repairs being done at the prison?
(a) It is has too many bad memories
(b) There are not enough employers
(c) They want it to fall down
(d) It is too expensive to maintain
10. What happened when the gold was discovered?
(a) A fort was built around the town
(b) A town was constructed
(c) Mass immigration to the area
(d) Fights and murders
11. With whom does Didion celebrate her daughter's birthday?
(a) Her daughter's friends
(b) Her husband
(c) Her family
(d) Her own friends
12. What is Didion curious to see at the Pearl Harbor memorial?
(a) How people react to death
(b) Soldier's ages
(c) How Hawaii makes money from the memorial
(d) How the authorities perserve the memorial
13. Why do the parties become boring?
(a) Her friends stop attending
(b) People don't move on
(c) They are held at the same places
(d) The same people are always there
14. What did Didion use to chase through the fields?
15. Where does Didion plan to go and relax?
(b) Canary Islands
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first memorial Didion visits in Hawaii?
2. Where does Didion hear that an accident happened?
3. What does the mother tell her brother?
4. Where does Didion visit in this essay?
5. Who happened upon the accident?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)