|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are no more repairs being done at the prison?
(a) It is has too many bad memories
(b) It is too expensive to maintain
(c) There are not enough employers
(d) They want it to fall down
2. What is the title of this essay?
(a) I Can't Get That Monster Out of My Mind
(b) Gods and Monsters
(c) Oh Yeah!
(d) I Come in Peace and You Go in Pieces
3. Who happened upon the accident?
(a) A nurse
(b) A doctor
(c) A murderer
(d) A taxi driver
4. What does Didiion say increases in society when the winds are about to blow?
(c) Road rage
5. Whose birthday does Didion celebrate?
(a) Her editor's
(b) Her daughter's
(c) Her best friend's
(d) Her father's
6. Why is Didion depressed in this essay?
(a) It is the rainy season in Los Angeles
(b) Her husband is away
(c) She has not had a holiday for three years
(d) She has the flu
7. What does Didion think about as she explores the island?
(a) The history of the prisoners
(b) The rare birds
(c) Her daughter
(d) Her grandfather
8. Who remained with the young's man's body?
(a) The nurse's husband
(b) The young girl
(c) A policeman
(d) The nurse
9. With what does Didion say Sacramento Valley's history started?
(a) The death of President Washington
(b) The discovery of gold
(c) The discovery of dinosaur bones
(d) The discovery of diamonds
10. In what type of accommodation do Didion and her husband stay?
(a) A villa
(b) A cabin
(c) A motel
(d) A hotel
11. Of what old adage does the area remind Didion?
(a) It could be you
(b) Money can't buy happiness
(c) Money makes the world go round
(d) Money does not grow on trees
12. Why does Didion never tell her family about her struggles?
(a) She does not want to worry them
(b) She has lost their number
(c) She wants to cope on her own
(d) They can't even afford to eat
13. What does this inccident define to Didion?
(c) Human instinct
14. About whom does the nighttime talk show host talk?
(a) Germaine Greer
(b) Brian Wilson
(c) Helen Gurley Brown
(d) Helen Keller
15. Who does not like going to see Didion's family?
(a) Her daughter
(b) Her husband
(c) Her son
(d) Her dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didion think it is important for her daughter to have around her?
2. What did Didion use to chase through the fields?
3. What was the whole area when Didion grew up there?
4. What does Didion find on the island?
5. Why do surgeons refuse to operate during this time?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)