|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucille's husband do for a living?
2. In what state is the center located?
(c) New York
3. Baez carves her career as ______________.
(a) A singer
(b) A writer
(c) A politician
(d) A drummer
4. Who of the following did not star in The Sons of Katie Elder?
(a) Dean Martin
(b) Dennis Hopper
(c) Peter Fonda
(d) John Wayne
5. Where is the bookstore?
(b) Orange County
6. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
(b) His buddies
(c) His brothers
7. What is the name of the building where Didion spends time?
(a) People's Place
(b) The Warehouse
(d) Rainbow Palace
8. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
(a) A rumor about Hughes
(b) Arguments from Hughes' house
(c) Hughes' name
(d) Music from Hughes house
9. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
10. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
11. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Never Talk When You See a Red
(b) Reclusive in Hollywood
(c) Where the Kissing Never Stops
(d) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
12. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
(a) Lighter fluid
13. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
(a) To write a story
(b) To remember the woman
(c) To remember the day
(d) To remember the way she felt
14. What were the people invited to the center given?
(a) A coffee and a badge
(b) Poker chips
(c) A set of Charles Dickens novels
(d) An office and a salary
15. What is the only thing Michael talks about?
(b) Neo Stalinism
(c) Bad habits
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this essay about?
2. What city does Didion travel to in this essay?
3. Who does Didion overhear talking about Las Vegas weddings?
4. What is the title of this essay?
5. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)