|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
(a) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(b) The Last Stuntman
(c) The Sons of Katie Elder
2. Why does Didion say she writes notes?
(a) To improve her writing
(b) To remember certain situations
(c) To write her novels
(d) To get rid of anger
3. What do the young people do when they are on acid?
(b) Run around naked
(d) Sit in silence
4. What kind of people meet at the center?
(b) High powered people
(c) Civil Right protesters
5. Who is this essay about?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Humphrey Bogart
(c) Howard Hughes
(d) Martin Scorcese
6. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(a) Low brow
(b) High powered
7. What did Hughes' generation expect men to keep?
(a) Their privacy
(b) Their virginity
(c) Their wives
(d) Their jobs
8. What is the name of the building where Didion spends time?
(a) The Warehouse
(b) Rainbow Palace
(d) People's Place
9. Where did Ira Sandperl work?
(a) A record store
(b) A computer store
(c) A bookstore
(d) A supermarket
10. What does the center provide?
(a) A place for writers to work
(b) A place for people to discuss important issues
(c) A place for people to hide form the law
(d) A place for business men to relax
11. What was the name of John Wayne's wife?
12. What do underage kids need to get married?
(a) A lot of make up
(b) Parents' permission
(c) A good lie
13. What is Michael careful not to talk about?
(b) His politics
(c) His comrades
(d) The Soviet Union
14. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
(a) Put others down
(b) Become nothing
(c) Excuse his/her failure
(d) Hide his/her shame
15. What did Wayne promise to build his woman?
(a) A white picket fence
(b) A brick wall
(c) An outhouse
(d) A rocking chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Max feel he has removed frrm his life?
2. Why does Hughes' building look abandoned?
3. Who of the following is most likely to attend a Las Vegas wedding?
4. In what city does Hughes live?
5. Who does Didion have to speak to before she can interview Baez?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)