|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
(b) Reclusive in Hollywood
(c) Never Talk When You See a Red
(d) Where the Kissing Never Stops
2. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
(a) Hubert Selby Jr.'s
(b) Her own
(c) Henry Miller's
(d) Her father's
3. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
4. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
(a) He was too young
(b) He was not a real person
(c) He was too strong
(d) He was a film star
5. Who is this essay about?
(a) Martin Scorcese
(b) Humphrey Bogart
(c) Franklin Roosevelt
(d) Howard Hughes
6. Who does Didion try to speak to about the children?
(a) A policeman
(b) Her father
(c) A priest
(d) A social worker
7. What center does this essay address?
(a) The Center of Democratic Institutions
(b) The Feminist Center for Abused Women
(c) The local sports center
(d) The Center of Capitalist Thought
8. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
(a) Market his/her image
(c) Put people down
(d) Help others
9. What have the workers been sent to sell?
(a) Communist stickers
(d) A magazine
10. In which country was the film shot?
11. Where does Max have to go in a few days?
(b) The gym
(d) A demostration
12. What charity does Lucille chair?
(a) The Heart Fund
(c) The AIDS Trust
(d) The Cancer Fund
13. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(b) A Distant Darkness
(c) Willing Life
14. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
(d) Lighter fluid
15. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
(a) Put others down
(b) Hide his/her shame
(c) Become nothing
(d) Excuse his/her failure
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the young people do when they are on acid?
2. Didion believe her loss of innocence was the beginning of ____________.
3. Where are the cheap weddings advertised?
4. What is the title of this essay?
5. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)