|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didion compare Michael to when he talks to his workers?
(a) A dictator
(b) A tyrant
(c) An army sergeant
(d) A manic depressive
2. Of which musician is this essay a portrait?
(a) John Lennon
(c) Joan Baez
(d) Bob Dylan
3. What kind of world will a person live in without self respect?
(a) A world without love
(b) A world of anger and pain
(c) A world where only their failings matter
(d) A world where one only hears the screams of the evil dead
4. What is the woman's name?
(a) Anne Toberlone
(b) Lucille Miller
(c) Honor Lorraine
(d) Jackie Didion
5. With what was Cork Miller having problems?
(a) His parents
(b) His health
(c) His ex-wife
6. What ability does Didion think she lost when she lost her innocence?
(a) To write poetry
(b) To do what she pleased
(c) To deceive herself
(d) To fall in love
7. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
(a) Her grades were not good enough
(b) She was too young
(c) She had a criminal record
(d) Her father was a communist
8. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
9. What does Didion want to learn about?
(b) Communist literature
(c) The Soviet Union
(d) The communist party
10. Upon what do the center's members think they have a large influence?
(c) The local district
(d) The political climate
11. Which of the following words does Didion use to describe self respect?
12. Where are the cheap weddings advertised?
(c) The airport
(d) Movie theaters
13. What happens when Didion looks back at the notes she has written?
(a) She feels creative and starts to write
(b) She becomes nostalgic and cries
(c) She can't remember what they refer to
(d) She cannot stop reading them
14. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
(a) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(b) The Last Stuntman
(c) The Sons of Katie Elder
15. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(c) High powered
(d) Low brow
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didion watch Michael debrief?
2. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
3. In what city does Hughes live?
4. What does Didion think she lost when she was not elected Phi Beta Kappa?
5. What is the name of the building where Didion spends time?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)