|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
(a) He wants to sell his ideas
(b) He is afraid the Soviets will steal his ideas
(c) He is afraid of compromising strategies
(d) He is afraid of being assassinated
2. What can a couple of kids do easily in Las Vegas?
(a) Get jobs
(b) Buy guns
(c) Find drugs
(d) Get married
3. What does the sixteen-year-old girl state about her own Las Vegas wedding?
(a) It was everything she could have imagined
(b) It was tacky and humiliating
(c) It was holy and beautiful
(d) It was quick and easy
4. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Never Talk When You See a Red
(b) Reclusive in Hollywood
(c) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
(d) Where the Kissing Never Stops
5. In what city does Hughes live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) San Francisco
(d) New York
6. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
(a) To remember the day
(b) To write a story
(c) To remember the way she felt
(d) To remember the woman
7. What was Hughes' job in the film industry?
(a) Stunt man
(c) Script writer
8. What kind of people meet at the center?
(a) Civil Right protesters
(b) High powered people
9. Which band does Didion watch rehearse in this essay?
(b) The Grateful Dead
(c) The Byrds
(d) The Silver Apples
10. What does Didion compare Michael to when he talks to his workers?
(a) An army sergeant
(b) A manic depressive
(c) A dictator
(d) A tyrant
11. What is the title of this essay?
(a) False Vows
(b) Marrying a Gorilla
(c) Marrying Absurd
12. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A swingers club
(b) A night school
(c) A country club
(d) A brothel
13. Why does Hughes' building look abandoned?
(a) The windows are boarded up
(b) It is surrounded by police tape
(c) Tramps sleep on the front lawn
(d) Kids have sprayed it with graffiti
14. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
(a) Hughes' name
(b) Arguments from Hughes' house
(c) Music from Hughes house
(d) A rumor about Hughes
15. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
(a) Become nothing
(b) Excuse his/her failure
(c) Hide his/her shame
(d) Put others down
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the cheap weddings advertised?
2. Which movie star does Joan talk about in this chapter?
3. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
4. Baez known as the voice of _____________________.
5. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)