|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do underage kids need to get married?
(a) A good lie
(c) A lot of make up
(d) Parents' permission
2. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
3. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(b) High powered
(c) Low brow
4. Where are the cheap weddings advertised?
(a) Movie theaters
(c) The airport
5. In which city is the Communist Party's headquarters?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(c) San Francisco
6. What does Didion begin to wonder?
(a) How Hughes ever became famous
(b) Why Hughes is a recluse
(c) Why people are curious about Hughes
(d) Why Hughes has boarded his windows
7. What was the name of John Wayne's wife?
8. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A night school
(b) A swingers club
(c) A brothel
(d) A country club
9. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Where the Kissing Never Stops
(b) Reclusive in Hollywood
(c) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
(d) Never Talk When You See a Red
10. What is Michael careful not to talk about?
(b) His comrades
(c) His politics
(d) The Soviet Union
11. What did Wayne promise to build his woman?
(a) A white picket fence
(b) An outhouse
(c) A brick wall
(d) A rocking chair
12. What was the one thing Baez liked about her job?
(a) Writing songs
(b) Connecting with her audience
(c) Going to parties
(d) Meeting celebrities
13. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(a) A Distant Darkness
(c) Willing Life
14. What was Hughes' job in the film industry?
(a) Script writer
(d) Stunt man
15. What is the title of this essay?
(a) My Little Scribbles
(b) On Keeping a Notebook
(c) A Willing Writer
(d) A Writer's Notes
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bookstore?
2. What is the only thing Michael talks about?
3. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
4. Where does Didion spend time with Michael?
5. What can a couple of kids do easily in Las Vegas?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)