|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didion ask the reader in this essay?
(a) Why note making is important
(b) Why she writes notes
(c) Why note making rids her of anger
(d) How can she make use of her notes
2. What did Cork originally want to do when he moved to San Bernardino?
(a) Open a record shop
(b) Become a writer
(c) Go to art school
(d) Go to medical school
3. With what was Cork Miller having problems?
(b) His parents
(c) His ex-wife
(d) His health
4. What did Cork suffer from on the night of October 7, 1964?
(a) Aching joints
(b) A rash
(c) A tooth ache
(d) A migraine
5. Who does Wayne have dinner with at the end of the chapter?
(a) John Ford
(b) Joan Didion
(c) Dean Martin
(d) Sammy Davis Jr
6. Where is the bookstore?
(c) Orange County
7. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
(a) Hughes' name
(b) Arguments from Hughes' house
(c) Music from Hughes house
(d) A rumor about Hughes
8. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
9. What do many people still take care doing even for a Las Vegas wedding?
(a) Keeping their virginity
(b) Prenuptial agreements
(d) Wedding plans
10. Who does Didion have to speak to before she can interview Baez?
(a) Baez's donkey
(b) Baez's secretary
(c) Baez's adopted children
(d) Baez's agent
11. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
(a) Hide his/her shame
(b) Put others down
(c) Excuse his/her failure
(d) Become nothing
12. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
(a) He was too young
(b) He was a film star
(c) He was too strong
(d) He was not a real person
13. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(c) Willing Life
(d) A Distant Darkness
14. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
(a) He wants to sell his ideas
(b) He is afraid of compromising strategies
(c) He is afraid of being assassinated
(d) He is afraid the Soviets will steal his ideas
15. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A night school
(b) A brothel
(c) A swingers club
(d) A country club
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
2. Who does Didion try to speak to about the children?
3. What does Didion witness a group of young people doing?
4. What is the title of this essay?
5. Who is this essay about?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)