|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Didion initially told to speak?
(b) Jack Bean
2. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
(a) Hughes' name
(b) Music from Hughes house
(c) Arguments from Hughes' house
(d) A rumor about Hughes
3. What did Lucille and Cork go to the shop to buy?
4. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(b) Willing Life
(d) A Distant Darkness
5. In what state does this essay take place?
(a) New York
6. What kind of people meet at the center?
(b) High powered people
(d) Civil Right protesters
7. What does Didion want to learn about?
(a) Communist literature
(c) The Soviet Union
(d) The communist party
8. What does Didion think she lost when she was not elected Phi Beta Kappa?
(a) Her love of life
(b) Her morals
(c) Her innocence
(d) Her self respect
9. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
(a) Happiness and success
(d) Love and family
10. Why does Didion say she writes notes?
(a) To improve her writing
(b) To remember certain situations
(c) To write her novels
(d) To get rid of anger
11. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(a) High powered
(d) Low brow
12. What is the title of this essay?
(a) My Little Scribbles
(b) A Willing Writer
(c) On Keeping a Notebook
(d) A Writer's Notes
13. What does Didion say she sees John Wayne as at the end of this essay?
(a) A god
(b) A prophet
(c) A monster
(d) A human
14. With what was Cork Miller having problems?
(b) His parents
(c) His health
(d) His ex-wife
15. Who does Didion watch Michael debrief?
(a) His wife
(b) His workers
(c) His children
(d) His brothers
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Hughes live?
2. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
3. What does Max feel he has removed frrm his life?
4. What ability does Didion think she lost when she lost her innocence?
5. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)