|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
(a) Become nothing
(b) Hide his/her shame
(c) Put others down
(d) Excuse his/her failure
2. In which country was the film shot?
3. Where is the bookstore?
(c) Orange County
4. What does Lucille's husband do for a living?
5. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(c) High powered
(d) Low brow
6. What does Max feel he has removed frrm his life?
7. What is the name of the street the woman is walking down in this chapter?
(b) Throw Away
8. Which band does Didion watch rehearse in this essay?
(a) The Byrds
(c) The Grateful Dead
(d) The Silver Apples
9. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
(a) He was too strong
(b) He was too young
(c) He was a film star
(d) He was not a real person
10. Baez carves her career as ______________.
(a) A politician
(b) A writer
(c) A drummer
(d) A singer
11. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Never Talk When You See a Red
(b) Where the Kissing Never Stops
(c) Comrade Laski, C.P.U.S.A
(d) Reclusive in Hollywood
12. What reason do the two runaways give for leaving home?
(a) They wanted freedom
(b) They were both pregnant
(c) Their mothers did not like their lifestyle
(d) They were bored
13. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
(b) Help others
(c) Market his/her image
(d) Put people down
14. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
(a) She has no fingers
(b) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She has no teeth
15. What was Wayne the definition of for Didion?
(a) A hero
(d) A cowboy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Didion say she began to see herself?
2. Who does Wayne have dinner with at the end of the chapter?
3. What type of building is the center?
4. From what age did Didion keep a notebook?
5. What did Lucille use to try and free her husband?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)