|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ira Sandperl work?
(a) A record store
(b) A supermarket
(c) A computer store
(d) A bookstore
2. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A country club
(b) A swingers club
(c) A brothel
(d) A night school
3. What ability does Didion think she lost when she lost her innocence?
(a) To fall in love
(b) To write poetry
(c) To do what she pleased
(d) To deceive herself
4. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
(c) Happiness and success
(d) Love and family
5. What kind of trip does Barbara say she is on?
(a) A people's trip
(b) A love trip
(c) A life trip
(d) A woman's trip
6. What do underage kids need to get married?
(a) A lot of make up
(b) A good lie
(d) Parents' permission
7. From what age did Didion keep a notebook?
8. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Once Bitten Never Seen
(b) Comrade Hughes
(c) The Kissing Never Stops
(d) 7000 Romaine, Los Angeles 38
9. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
(c) Lighter fluid
10. What city does this essay discuss?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
(d) Las Vegas
11. What is Howard Hughes said to be buying up?
(b) The KGB
(c) The New York Times
(d) Las Vegas
12. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She has no teeth
(c) She has no fingers
(d) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt
13. What does Didion ask the reader in this essay?
(a) How can she make use of her notes
(b) Why note making rids her of anger
(c) Why note making is important
(d) Why she writes notes
14. What does Didion begin to wonder?
(a) How Hughes ever became famous
(b) Why people are curious about Hughes
(c) Why Hughes has boarded his windows
(d) Why Hughes is a recluse
15. What is Michael careful not to talk about?
(a) His politics
(b) The Soviet Union
(c) His comrades
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
2. What is the name of the street the woman is walking down in this chapter?
3. What is the title of this essay?
4. Where was the woman with the dirty wrapper sitting?
5. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)