|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what illness was Wayne diagnosed?
(b) Brain tumor
2. What is Didion's opinion of Las Vegas weddings?
(a) A young person's game
(b) Cheap and absurd
3. Who of the following did not star in The Sons of Katie Elder?
(a) Dean Martin
(b) Peter Fonda
(c) John Wayne
(d) Dennis Hopper
4. Baez carves her career as ______________.
(a) A writer
(b) A politician
(c) A singer
(d) A drummer
5. What were the people invited to the center given?
(a) A set of Charles Dickens novels
(b) An office and a salary
(c) A coffee and a badge
(d) Poker chips
6. Why does Didion say she writes notes?
(a) To get rid of anger
(b) To remember certain situations
(c) To improve her writing
(d) To write her novels
7. Where did Ira Sandperl work?
(a) A computer store
(b) A supermarket
(c) A record store
(d) A bookstore
8. What do the young people do when they are on acid?
(a) Run around naked
(d) Sit in silence
9. What is Michael careful not to talk about?
(a) His comrades
(b) The Soviet Union
(d) His politics
10. What was Wayne the definition of for Didion?
(a) A hero
(b) A cowboy
11. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
(a) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(b) The Sons of Katie Elder
(c) The Last Stuntman
12. What is the name of the street the woman is walking down in this chapter?
(b) Throw Away
13. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Marrying a Gorilla
(b) Marrying Absurd
(c) False Vows
14. What does Didion say she hears almost daily?
(a) Hughes' name
(b) A rumor about Hughes
(c) Music from Hughes house
(d) Arguments from Hughes' house
15. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
(a) He is afraid of being assassinated
(b) He is afraid the Soviets will steal his ideas
(c) He is afraid of compromising strategies
(d) He wants to sell his ideas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didion think she lost when she was not elected Phi Beta Kappa?
2. What do Baez's neighbors believe the school has done?
3. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
4. What is the title of this essay?
5. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)