|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's name?
(a) Lucille Miller
(b) Anne Toberlone
(c) Honor Lorraine
(d) Jackie Didion
2. Why does Didion say she writes notes?
(a) To write her novels
(b) To get rid of anger
(c) To improve her writing
(d) To remember certain situations
3. What does the sixteen-year-old girl state about her own Las Vegas wedding?
(a) It was holy and beautiful
(b) It was quick and easy
(c) It was tacky and humiliating
(d) It was everything she could have imagined
4. With whom is Didion initially told to speak?
(c) Jack Bean
5. Where is the bookstore?
(b) Orange County
6. Where did Ira Sandperl work?
(a) A supermarket
(b) A record store
(c) A bookstore
(d) A computer store
7. What was Didion raised to believe about other people?
(a) They cannot be trusted
(b) They are inherently good
(c) They are more interesting than she
(d) They are inherently bad
8. On what subject does Baez's school concentrate?
9. What does Didion not understand about the center?
(a) Its talks
(b) Its structure
(c) Its seriousness
(d) Its true purpose
10. What is Howard Hughes said to be buying up?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The KGB
(c) Las Vegas
11. What did Wayne promise to build his woman?
(a) An outhouse
(b) A rocking chair
(c) A white picket fence
(d) A brick wall
12. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
13. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A night school
(b) A swingers club
(c) A brothel
(d) A country club
14. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
(a) To remember the day
(b) To remember the woman
(c) To remember the way she felt
(d) To write a story
15. What does Didion witness a group of young people doing?
(a) Having an orgy
(b) Taking mushrooms
(c) Singing protest songs
(d) Taking acid
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the woman with the dirty wrapper sitting?
2. Who is this essay about?
3. What did Hughes' generation expect men to keep?
4. Who does Didion watch Michael debrief?
5. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)