|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
(a) Her father was a communist
(b) She was too young
(c) She had a criminal record
(d) Her grades were not good enough
2. What is the woman's name?
(a) Anne Toberlone
(b) Jackie Didion
(c) Honor Lorraine
(d) Lucille Miller
3. What did Cork suffer from on the night of October 7, 1964?
(a) A migraine
(b) Aching joints
(c) A rash
(d) A tooth ache
4. With whom is Didion initially told to speak?
(b) Jack Bean
5. What does Didion want to learn about?
(a) Communist literature
(c) The communist party
(d) The Soviet Union
6. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
(a) To remember the day
(b) To remember the woman
(c) To write a story
(d) To remember the way she felt
7. What is Howard Hughes said to be buying up?
(a) Las Vegas
(b) The New York Times
(c) The KGB
8. In what state is the center located?
(c) New York
9. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
(a) He is afraid of being assassinated
(b) He is afraid of compromising strategies
(c) He is afraid the Soviets will steal his ideas
(d) He wants to sell his ideas
10. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
11. What can a couple of kids do easily in Las Vegas?
(a) Find drugs
(b) Get married
(c) Get jobs
(d) Buy guns
12. What does Didion compare Michael to when he talks to his workers?
(a) A manic depressive
(b) A tyrant
(c) An army sergeant
(d) A dictator
13. In what state is San Bernardino located?
14. What is the name of the building where Didion spends time?
(a) Rainbow Palace
(b) The Warehouse
(c) People's Place
15. Where are the cheap weddings advertised?
(a) The airport
(b) Movie theaters
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the woman wearing in the note Didion remembers in this essay?
2. Baez known as the voice of _____________________.
3. On what subject does Baez's school concentrate?
4. What city does this essay discuss?
5. What did Hughes' generation expect men to keep?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)