|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of world will a person live in without self respect?
(a) A world without love
(b) A world of anger and pain
(c) A world where one only hears the screams of the evil dead
(d) A world where only their failings matter
2. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
(a) She has no teeth
(b) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt
(c) She has no fingers
(d) She is pregnant
3. What was the one thing Baez liked about her job?
(a) Going to parties
(b) Writing songs
(c) Meeting celebrities
(d) Connecting with her audience
4. What does the sixteen-year-old girl state about her own Las Vegas wedding?
(a) It was everything she could have imagined
(b) It was quick and easy
(c) It was holy and beautiful
(d) It was tacky and humiliating
5. What county board does Baez stand before in this essay?
(a) Orange County
6. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
7. What was the woman wearing in the note Didion remembers in this essay?
(a) A bikini
(b) A ballerina's costume
(c) A wedding dress
(d) A dirty wrapper
8. What reason do the two runaways give for leaving home?
(a) They were bored
(b) They wanted freedom
(c) They were both pregnant
(d) Their mothers did not like their lifestyle
9. What does Didion want to find in San Francisco?
(b) Missing children
10. What happens when Didion looks back at the notes she has written?
(a) She cannot stop reading them
(b) She feels creative and starts to write
(c) She becomes nostalgic and cries
(d) She can't remember what they refer to
11. What were the people invited to the center given?
(a) A coffee and a badge
(b) Poker chips
(c) An office and a salary
(d) A set of Charles Dickens novels
12. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
(a) The Last Stuntman
(b) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(c) The Sons of Katie Elder
13. What do many people still take care doing even for a Las Vegas wedding?
(a) Keeping their virginity
(b) Prenuptial agreements
(c) Wedding plans
14. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
(a) High powered
(b) Low brow
15. In what state is the center located?
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cork originally want to do when he moved to San Bernardino?
2. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
3. What kind of people meet at the center?
4. In which country was the film shot?
5. Who of the following is most likely to attend a Las Vegas wedding?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)