|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Wayne have dinner with at the end of the chapter?
(a) Sammy Davis Jr
(b) John Ford
(c) Dean Martin
(d) Joan Didion
2. Which of the following words does Didion use to describe self respect?
3. What does Didion witness a group of young people doing?
(a) Singing protest songs
(b) Having an orgy
(c) Taking mushrooms
(d) Taking acid
4. Baez carves her career as ______________.
(a) A drummer
(b) A writer
(c) A singer
(d) A politician
5. What is the name of this essay?
(a) Self Reliance
(b) On Self Respect
(c) On Morals
(d) Lacking Respect
6. What does Didion compare Michael to when he talks to his workers?
(a) An army sergeant
(b) A dictator
(c) A manic depressive
(d) A tyrant
7. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(a) Willing Life
(c) A Distant Darkness
8. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
(c) Happiness and success
(d) Love and family
9. What happened to the car when it crashed?
(a) It caught fire
(b) It lay with one half over a cliff edge
(c) It sank into the lake
(d) It exploded
10. What is the name of the street Hughes lives on?
11. In what city does Hughes live?
(a) Los Angeles
(b) New York
(c) San Francisco
12. What did Cork suffer from on the night of October 7, 1964?
(a) Aching joints
(b) A rash
(c) A migraine
(d) A tooth ache
13. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
(a) His buddies
(b) His brothers
14. Why does Hughes' building look abandoned?
(a) Tramps sleep on the front lawn
(b) It is surrounded by police tape
(c) Kids have sprayed it with graffiti
(d) The windows are boarded up
15. What city does this essay discuss?
(a) Las Vegas
(c) New Orleans
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
2. What was Didion not elected to at college?
3. What is the only thing Michael talks about?
4. What is Howard Hughes said to be buying up?
5. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)