|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didion want to find in San Francisco?
(d) Missing children
2. In which country was the film shot?
3. Why does Michael refuse to give details about his planned revolution?
(a) He is afraid of compromising strategies
(b) He is afraid of being assassinated
(c) He wants to sell his ideas
(d) He is afraid the Soviets will steal his ideas
4. How does Didion say she began to see herself?
(a) As a product of her parents
(b) The way others did
(c) As an adult
(d) As still a child
5. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Once Bitten Never Seen
(b) Comrade Hughes
(c) The Kissing Never Stops
(d) 7000 Romaine, Los Angeles 38
6. What was Didion not elected to at college?
(a) Basketball coach
(b) Chess master
(c) Phi Beta Kappa
7. From what age did Didion keep a notebook?
8. What is the name of the street the woman is walking down in this chapter?
(d) Throw Away
9. What have the workers been sent to sell?
(b) Communist stickers
(c) A magazine
10. What is the only thing Michael talks about?
(a) Bad habits
(b) Neo Stalinism
11. What do Baez's neighbors believe the school has done?
(a) Attracted too many tourists
(b) Raised property values
(c) Attracted bad elements
(d) Brought down property value
12. Which movie star does Joan talk about in this chapter?
(a) John Wayne
(b) Humphrey Bogart
(c) Cary Grant
(d) John Ford
13. What does Didion compare Michael to when he talks to his workers?
(a) A tyrant
(b) An army sergeant
(c) A dictator
(d) A manic depressive
14. What does Didion notice about the girl's appearance?
(a) She has no fingers
(b) She has no teeth
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is wearing jeans and a t-shirt
15. Where was the woman with the dirty wrapper sitting?
(a) In a hotel bar
(b) In a restaurant
(c) Next to a water fountain
(d) On a park bench
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Didion looks back at the notes she has written?
2. Baez carves her career as ______________.
3. What was Didion warned the the talk at the center would be?
4. What happened to the car when it crashed?
5. What does Didion ask the reader in this essay?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)