|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Didion raised to believe about other people?
(a) They are inherently good
(b) They are inherently bad
(c) They cannot be trusted
(d) They are more interesting than she
2. In what state is San Bernardino located?
3. What is Didion's opinion of Las Vegas weddings?
(b) Cheap and absurd
(c) A young person's game
4. What is the title of this essay?
(a) 7000 Romaine, Los Angeles 38
(b) Once Bitten Never Seen
(c) Comrade Hughes
(d) The Kissing Never Stops
5. What do underage kids need to get married?
(b) A lot of make up
(c) A good lie
(d) Parents' permission
6. What kind of people meet at the center?
(b) Civil Right protesters
(d) High powered people
7. What film is Wayne working on in this essay?
(a) The Last Stuntman
(b) She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
(c) The Sons of Katie Elder
8. How does Didion say she began to see herself?
(a) As a product of her parents
(b) As still a child
(c) As an adult
(d) The way others did
9. What do the young people do when they are on acid?
(a) Sit in silence
(b) Run around naked
10. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Marrying Absurd
(c) Marrying a Gorilla
(d) False Vows
11. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
(a) A swingers club
(b) A country club
(c) A brothel
(d) A night school
12. What does the center provide?
(a) A place for people to discuss important issues
(b) A place for business men to relax
(c) A place for writers to work
(d) A place for people to hide form the law
13. With what illness was Wayne diagnosed?
(d) Brain tumor
14. Baez carves her career as ______________.
(a) A singer
(b) A drummer
(c) A writer
(d) A politician
15. What did Wayne promise to build his woman?
(a) A brick wall
(b) A rocking chair
(c) An outhouse
(d) A white picket fence
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucille douse her husband with before the crash?
2. What is the title of this essay?
3. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
4. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
5. Which of the following words does Didion use to describe self respect?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)