|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: Notes from a Native Daughter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother tell her brother?
(a) My child deserves everything he gets
(b) The monster needs company
(c) The child finally has a friend
(d) I cannot get the monster out of my mind
2. Where did Didion grow up?
(b) New York City
(c) Sacramento Valley
3. What does this inccident define to Didion?
(d) Human instinct
4. What is the title of the second part of the book?
(b) A Distant Darkness
(d) Willing Life
5. What city does Didion travel to in this essay?
(a) San Francisco
(d) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
2. What is the title of this essay?
3. Which band does Didion watch rehearse in this essay?
4. What was the one thing Baez liked about her job?
5. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)